Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Fall Browns

Quote Originally Posted by ski4trees View Post
    haha funny, buuuut, do you know how often i go to an area to do observation and study in november, only to find flyshops advertising fishing is good in places where they have spawned and not where the migration is taking place? a bunch of wanna be Simms reps. dressed head to toe thinking they are killin it
    once october passes and november hits, go swing for steelhead, let the browns do their thing.

Yeah, that's nice and all, buuuuut, fuck off. Don't be so quick to judge. You don't know who we are. Don't just assume that because folks are catching browns that they are raping redds. I think most people who post here are somewhat savvy. This is not baitdunker.com.

The browns here aren't spawning yet, at least that I have seen. And there are no steelhead here.

And speaking of judging, SFB, you're remark on the fratboy site about getting the next generation out there, while true, was unfounded. If you took the time to look around, rather than just spew useless hate over there, you would see lots of threads dedicated to guys taking their kids fishing. I'm not hatin on ya, just sayin.

Test three

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Yeah, that's nice and all, buuuuut, fuck off. Don't be so quick to judge. You don't know who we are. Don't just assume that because folks are catching browns that they are raping redds. I think most people who post here are somewhat savvy. This is not baitdunker.com.

The browns here aren't spawning yet, at least that I have seen. And there are no steelhead here.

And speaking of judging, SFB, you're remark on the fratboy site about getting the next generation out there, while true, was unfounded. If you took the time to look around, rather than just spew useless hate over there, you would see lots of threads dedicated to guys taking their kids fishing. I'm not hatin on ya, just sayin.
    Well there sure is a lot of bullshit fratfuck circle jerkin goin on over there too
    or they wouldn't be changin the welcome wagon thread and tryin to encourage new posters or those who get their jollies and post counts up bashin everyone to chill. You should bump those fine take a kid fishin threads
    I aint just spewin hate either Im sendin a message in my way. I try to put intresting shots in the fri cheer thread it rocks and I'm pretty sure I havren't cunted that thread at all thought this was a nice ocd bro nymphbox pic

and more old man fall brown stoke

pops is pushin the big 70 dob thing this week stoked to be on the water with him
    Still lookin for teamsfun fundraiser fishing food open bar swag etc.
    those nice drake boys sure hateraided the fuck out of that psa thread for me
    not hatin on you per say bro
    just callin em as I see em
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

your talking shit to someone who spends their day watching fish and fisherman...not everyone is born with knowledge, gotta hear it from someone.

are you about to cry trustfund-underoo-afari?
    Ras Tafari sits upon his throne... what do you have in common with people who suffered from british imperialism in jamaica or Italian invasions in ethiopia?
    im sure since ur rasta you dont drink alcohol and your vegetarian right? why the hostility?

your judging people and offending them by the way, directly calling people out... im sure your king would be so proud

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post

Last edited by ski4trees; 09-27-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ski4trees View Post
    so are you about to cry or what trustfund-afari? haha Ras Tafari sits upon his throne... what do you have in common with people who suffered from british imperialism in jamaica or Italian invasions in ethiopia? nada damn thing

your judging people and offending them by the way, directly calling people out... im sure your king would be so proud
    You forgot to add brown stoke with your bitchin Billy bitchin post BRO

WWLKJD?
    Thanks for those links op bumpin that fine shizz up.
    There is a lot of good and worthy cool shizz over there but a lot of what I alluded to earlier.
    I hope it continues to change for the better
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Browns...

Now quit your bitchin and go back fishin...

haha funny, buuuut, do you know how often i go to an area to do observation and study in november, only to find flyshops advertising fishing is good in places where they have spawned and not where the migration is taking place? a bunch of wanna be Simms reps. dressed head to toe thinking they are killin it
    once october passes and november hits, go swing for steelhead, let the browns do their thing.
    Really? You roll in here having never contributed anything to what is a very tight knit community and offer nothing but judgement and condemnation?
    I echo Underoos, FUCK OFF!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

My meager contribution:

First brown, third fish ever on fly gear. Now I need to start catching fish when the light is better...

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Really? You roll in here having never contributed anything to what is a very tight knit community and offer nothing but judgement and condemnation?
    I echo Underoos, FUCK OFF!
    dudes posted some quality stoke but your right about the rest
    WHO WANTS TO COME UP OR DOWN TO DUTCH JOHN SAT. NIGHT AND SLAY BIG FALL BROWNS DURING THE INCOMING COLD FRONT?????
    I'm done fishin after that well except one armed chez nymphin on the weber
    more Green river Brown stoke

I would love to come down there SFB but my hall pass was used for the summit. Guiding cutty central on Friday...wish I was gonna find some browns. Looking forward to seeing some of the slayage!

Dibs, you have no idea how much I want to come to DJ and hit the Green. I am 99% certain that my hall pass has very much expired, but I will do my best to get away. Keep your phone handy if I can get away I will call.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

In the spirit of adding to the good shit that happens round here I'll add this to the pot.

the release of the tank

and the small gems of even smaller mountain brooks.
    Harvest the ride.

^^^ You catch fish that are NOT 20+ inchers?!

Haha sure are some beauties you got there. Amazing colors on that brownie!
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8nBA...layer_embedded
    Please excuse my inebriated retardedness.
    Oh and L8 orvis hit a home run with the gale force stuff. the sling pack is uber rad.

Nice EC pigs !

If I post a big version does it make this brown look bigger?

Thanks again Dibs

No thank you for Kickin down $$$ to the Friends Of The Utah Avalanche Center.
    The Green below DJ fishin pretty well needs a cold snap/front to really set things off

The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Ooh I wanna play.

From a brook in VT. L8APX, I'm sure you know this spot. Click the pic for a few more pics if you're interested.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

nice fish! I dont think L8 has fished it yet, we were talking about it one of these weekends. Glad you braved the weather, sorry I wimped out. Next weekend dude I will make the trek.

I have this oylumpus stylus 800 point and chutes thats waterproof it occasionaly gets a good shot by the point and pray method
    this one came out cool

Was rollin solo and aint figured out the auto focus on the 40d but this little brown made my morn
    ate the red eyed deer hair stoner sculpin in olive for b-fast

and another underwater shot

Damn uncoperative athelete fish wouldn't come to the boat with the side with the hopper in his jaw

Dibs bringin' the heat again!

igband whacked a nice un today...

VERY nice!! was fishing that exact fly just lower down from there(if u are where i think u are) with a lot smaller results. did hit a pretty huge BWO hatch though. love this time of year, prob about time to go float backwards through a snowstorm on the stone

Yeah I guess the second pic kinda gives it away but I'm not over-protective about my fishing spots, well at least not the well-known ones! We fished lower earlier in the day and did ok on soft-hackles, worms, midge pupa etc but had a ridiculous number of very large fish whacking at our streamers cast after cast after cast in that spot. They must be stacked up like fucking cordwood in there. Gimme a holler if you ever want to get out with us on a sunday or monday...