Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1706
    ^^^ I’ve got those same Rens… coolest graphic of any ski ever

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    ^^^ I’ve got those same Rens… coolest graphic of any ski ever
    They are legit. For me, it's' a toss-up between the Raven 2.0 and the original Owl graphic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vanFBPH.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	618.6 KB 
ID:	438380

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    They are legit. For me, it's' a toss-up between the Raven 2.0 and the original Owl graphic.

Name:	vanFBPH.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	618.6 KB 
ID:	438380
    Wanna sell?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Wanna sell?
    Maybe? I was able to mount them where I like them and gave up trying to sell them a few years ago. I planned to hang on to them for those nipple-deep days. I'll think on it.

I'd rather sell the Raven 2.0 I mentioned earlier.

Maybe? I was able to mount them where I like them and gave up trying to sell them a few years ago. I planned to hang on to them for those nipple-deep days. I'll think on it.

I'd rather sell the Raven 2.0 I mentioned earlier.
    What’s your BSL?
    focus.

Bobcat— I have and love those owls in the forest here. What skis are you riding more than that Ren?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    What’s your BSL?
    The Raven 2.0 were 310mm BSL, I think? I'll see if I can dig out the original for sale thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Bobcat— I have and love those owls in the forest here. What skis are you riding more than that Ren?

For a time, it was the Moment Bibby Pro, now the WIldcat. Those were superseded by the ON3P BillyGoat. Sadly, we don't get the accumulations necessary for the Rens to really run and be in their element. The few time I tried skiing them at local PNWet areas; they sunk to the bottom and skied the hard pack under the snow. It sucked. Then, later in the day, you're skiing crud and bumped out pow on 196 pow missiles. So I keep them for the rare deep days or if I can convince any buddy or maggot for some heli trips, which is where they shine.

The Raven 2.0 were 310mm BSL, I think? I'll see if I can dig out the original for sale thread.

For a time, it was the Moment Bibby Pro, now the WIldcat. Those were superseded by the ON3P BillyGoat. Sadly, we don't get the accumulations necessary for the Rens to really run and be in their element. The few time I tried skiing them at local PNWet areas; they sunk to the bottom and skied the hard pack under the snow. It sucked. Then, later in the day, you're skiing crud and bumped out pow on 196 pow missiles. So I keep them for the rare deep days or if I can convince any buddy or maggot for some heli trips, which is where they shine.
    I find this confusing. They sunk in the heavy snow, but you're holding onto them for deep days?

Cheers, Bobcat. I appreciate it.

What’s the latest thinking on mount point for the Renegades?

I’ve got a pair of 191s in the mail, mounting for a 305mm bsl. Based on the hoji calculation I’d be mounting at -1cm back from recommended, but I’m not sure if that article still applies to the latest generation of renegades. Can’t find much discussion since the new lengths came out

Just posted a pair of green revolvers to gear swap 196cm

10 years after my original 196 owls, new 22/23 Owls!

Those are very pretty
    focus.

4FRNT Renegade ~ Hand built in SLC.

Name:	IMG_3897.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	465702

L to R: Raven, Hoji, Renegade topsheets for 2024.

Raven looks cool as always. With a Raven. 2nd year of a cat on the Hoji. Wolf Ren is back.
    Not bad. Raven is the best.

Last edited by kc_7777; 07-24-2023 at 08:30 PM.

Those Ravens look badass

The ravens always look cool, miss mine. The other two are meh on the graphics IMO - but whatever.
    How bout just all 4frnt's go pilsner graphic one year?!

Still looking for a pair of 19/20 Wolf Rens if anyone wants an upgrade this season...

Not a huge fan of the hojis and rens either, especially when last years were so sick. I saw they're advertising some skis as made in Canada, is this new or have I never realized that??

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rigbone View Post
    Not a huge fan of the hojis and rens either, especially when last years were so sick. I saw they're advertising some skis as made in Canada, is this new or have I never realized that??

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    they are ordering skis at Utopie factory in Canada for last 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post

Name:	IMG_3897.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	465702

L to R: Raven, Hoji, Renegade topsheets for 2024.

Raven looks cool as always. With a Raven. 2nd year of a cat on the Hoji. Wolf Ren is back.
    Not bad. Raven is the best.

I will have either the Hoji or Ren in my quiver this year. Probably the Hoji for its versatility. Haven't decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    I will have either the Hoji or Ren in my quiver this year. Probably the Hoji for its versatility. Haven't decided yet.
    I sold my 2022 Bear Rens last year. And bought 2023 Pilsner Hojis. The Hoji is such a great ski for everything. Mine have Pivots as I use them inbounds a lot. Thinking a 4FRNT Hoji will always be in the quiver. I also have the 2022 Raven and absolutely love those.

Rens are good too. But I like the Hojis and Ravens better? And I have yet unskied Armada Whitewalker 121s and Season Forma 118s….so no need for Rens. Yet.

Last edited by kc_7777; 07-27-2023 at 07:38 PM.

In current generations of this line (vs the old heavy lay ups), I think it’s safe to say that the tips get softer as you go from rav to hoj to ren. I found the ravens to be pretty magic for my style (admittedly pretty forward even tho on a fwd mounted ski), and the ren tips for me got too hung up. (Certainly compared to older rens that would go through anything. The weights tho tell that obvious story.) The hoji is likely a happy medium. And its shape provides plenty float already. Net net, if on the fence in this line up, I’d recommend going narrower

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    In current generations of this line (vs the old heavy lay ups), I think it’s safe to say that the tips get softer as you go from rav to hoj to ren. I found the ravens to be pretty magic for my style (admittedly pretty forward even tho on a fwd mounted ski), and the ren tips for me got too hung up. (Certainly compared to older rens that would go through anything. The weights tho tell that obvious story.) The hoji is likely a happy medium. And its shape provides plenty float already. Net net, if on the fence in this line up, I’d recommend going narrower
    Fair enough. Honestly, for me (at 6' 160) I rarely feel the need to go past a 110 width. Last winter was the ultimate banger out here and I probably could have ridden my Enforcer 110's daily (I did for a good part of the season). It think the Hoji in 184 would make a really fun resort, soft snow, ski.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    I sold my 2022 Bear Rens last year. And bought 2023 Pilsner Hojis. The Hoji is such a great ski for everything. Mine have Pivots as I use them inbounds a lot. Thinking a 4FRNT Hoji will always be in the quiver. I also have the 2022 Raven and absolutely love those.

Rens are good too. But I like the Hojis and Ravens better? And I have yet unskied Armada Whitewalker 121s and Season Forma 118s….so no need for Rens. Yet.

I'm still on the fence about my wide wide ski. I'm on the Faction La Machine Max and haven't fallen in love with them, but maybe haven't given them a fair chance. I've only ridden them inbounds and it's too much ski for me when things get chopped up. I tend to like being "in" the snow a bit when it gets tracked. I need to get them in the back country, on a cat or heli. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    I'm still on the fence about my wide wide ski. I'm on the Faction La Machine Max and haven't fallen in love with them, but maybe haven't given them a fair chance. I've only ridden them inbounds and it's too much ski for me when things get chopped up. I tend to like being "in" the snow a bit when it gets tracked. I need to get them in the back country, on a cat or heli. We'll see.
    Haha. I’m so bad for not giving skis a fair chance. But life is short and whatever. You can always re-buy a ski. I’ve re-bought Renegades 3x and Faction Candide 5.0s 2x.

But it’s so fun to try new stuff….

For my wide skis I currently have unmounted 2022 K2 Pon2oons and unmounted 2021 K2 Reckoners 122s. And have mounted Whitewalker 121 (CAST) and mounted Forma 118s (Pivots).

Got some STH 16 (130mm) and Duke PT 16 (125mm) bindings on standby. Was thinking Duke PT on the Reckoners and STH on the Pon2oon.

But may sell the Pon2oons as 132mm is so frickin’ wide. But we’ll see. I’ve heard they are fun.

Renegades + Duke PTs would be a good combo too.

First world…..I know.

Last edited by kc_7777; 07-31-2023 at 11:32 PM.