Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1706
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    White vinegar would probably make short work of that mold. Side note: are those sidewalls bare wood or something? Seems like an awful design.

I'm stoked for the lady Renegade CCs that were teased on 4FRNT's Instagram.
    Yeah, bare wood. Not an issue as long as you bring them inside to dry out at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    White vinegar would probably make short work of that mold. Side note: are those sidewalls bare wood or something? Seems like an awful design.

I'm stoked for the lady Renegade CCs that were teased on 4FRNT's Instagram.
    I don't think the sidewalls are bare wood. Mine seem to have a finish of some sort. I haven't had issues with mold on mine, but I live in a dry climate.

No to bleach and vinegar! Bleach is only used to remove staining, and vinegar doesn't work at all. I (unfortunately) used to work in the mold remediation industry. This is the only antimicrobial cleaner I recommend--it's very good:

https://prosolutionsdirect.com/produ...irty-4oz-spray

The cleaning procedure would be to remove visible mold by vacuuming, then spray the the cleaner on till it wets the wood, then let it dry completely. The staining will remain. Probably not worth trying to remove the stains. The pros use a hydrogen peroxide based bleach to do it and it's very harsh.

In practicality it's very difficult to kill all the mold cells and spores. Mold is everywhere in the environment, so even if you clean the hell out of your sidewalls, the mold will come back if you don't change the way you're storing these.

Mold likes dark and moist, so try to eliminate one or both of those factors. Adding a water resistant finish would probably help, if the og finish is worn off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No shit? Thanks waveshello, I learned something new today.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I don’t believe there is any finish on those sidewalls. If you do oil them or wax them, it’ll keep water out, but any water that still gets in will have a harder time getting out. For that reason, I don’t think anything other than making sure they have a chance to fully dry from time to time is recommended.

^^ that sounds good when you say it. But like so many things that sound reasonable I don’t know how valid it really is. That’s just the prevailing wisdom from 4Frnt et al that I’ve been able to glean.

And I miss my wood sidewalls.
    focus.

Yeah, we never treated the sidewalls with anything for that reason. The first Rens are like ten years old now and I’ve never heard of any issues.

4FRNT Renegade ~ Hand built in SLC.

Been no real pow to speak of for a while and I got tired of looking at my 184cm Bear Rens.

Spent a day inbounds on them at Whistler today.

Duke PT 16s with the 125mm brake work awesome on these.

Found a few open spaces with untracked pow where I could let them run. So good. Also lapped Peak Chair which was soft bumps.

Such a great ski!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5615.JPG 
Views:	261 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	410004

Name:	IMG_5617.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	215.6 KB 
ID:	410005
    Last edited by kc_7777; 03-18-2022 at 06:55 PM.

Curious if anyone has been in the REN’s and Hoji? I have been on the hoji’s and find them great in anything soft through groomers. Anything deeper than ankle I am finding the shovels wash out , so was thinking the REN’s would be great for days like that . Deeper days, Stash hunting etc ?
    Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Dad, I can huck that"

Quote Originally Posted by spotted dogs View Post
    Curious if anyone has been in the REN’s and Hoji? I have been on the hoji’s and find them great in anything soft through groomers. Anything deeper than ankle I am finding the shovels wash out , so was thinking the REN’s would be great for days like that . Deeper days, Stash hunting etc ?
    Thoughts?

What do you mean by "shovels wash out?"

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Hit a nasty shark at full speed the other day.
    Well better break the skis than the guy right ?
    Anyway they still seem to ski fine, I'll just put the damaged edge on the outside.

Damn that’s impressive. I’ve smashed into all sorts of shit at speed on my white room skis and they’re not showing any damage like that!

Right ? And usually I don't break stuff and I'm only 68kg !

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    What do you mean by "shovels wash out?"

They seem to “fold” - can’t think of a better word - in deeper ish snow when navigating tighter trees- straight away lines are are . Wash out was probably not the best choice of words.
    "Dad, I can huck that"

They seem to “fold” - can’t think of a better word - in deeper ish snow when navigating tighter trees- straight away lines are are . Wash out was probably not the best choice of words.
    "Fold" as in the tips fold upwards and act like brakes? The Rossi S7s had this problem.

The Rens do not

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Thoughts?

I have both. But all my RENs are old school HALS construction. The RENs are my all time favorite skis. They turn up the volume to 12! Hoji bobs and weaves in pow and the REN slices through like a light saber.

Return of the owls. Sick! There's no way these are in the budget this year, but a man can dream.

Last edited by waveshello; 07-20-2022 at 02:23 PM.

I need to find a way to pick up a pair since I did request:

Last edited by waveshello; 07-21-2022 at 08:35 AM.

This wasn't exactly a secret, but great news for ye who are smaller in stature:

If I was a mod you would be banned

Probably a bot...

Annual check in to see if anyone has some whiteroom renegades they want to get rid of. (shipped to Canada).

Happy Canadian thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by tupp_ View Post
    Annual check in to see if anyone has some whiteroom renegades they want to get rid of. (shipped to Canada).

If you ski 22designs telemark hit me up.

Mustonen how are you liking your new shape maple renegade? I’ve given mine quite a bit of time and they just don’t have the magic of old. I’m wondering if the lighter layup actually fits the new construction and design better, The new 191 hoji is a blast in comparison

If I could A/B with a normal layup I’d probably have better feedback. They don’t have the same magic, but that’s so subjective and I can’t fully unwind how much of that is time and place and mystique.

I’m not sure how the hoji fits in next to the sender squads, but I might try to get on a pair at some point.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    I say go for it. It’s great as a pow ski based on width and shape. It’s mellowed over the years - you’ll want to stay centered on it but it’s not as punishing as the early versions in case you get back in the tails. And it’s a pretty low weight for its size. Just be aware of the progressive mount. I don’t think you should stray far from the rec line, but you may go back some if you’re used to a more traditional mount point

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Loving your optimism!

Your skis don’t have to plane on top all the time. Be patient, quit leaning back, they’ll find their way there as you pick up speed. That m108 has a big tip, you absolutely should not have to lean back. Play with pushing the tip down and pulling it back up. Re: the Patrons, I’d guess that your problem there is patience, too. Small movements, let it happen…. {/unsolicited advice}

Ski ‘em! You’re 64! It’s a few hundred bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    You made a good purchase.

I’m 55 now and have owned Hojis and Rens off and on since I was 47 (had the Owl RENs and Pilsner Hojis in 2013). Had the HALs Rens in 2017.

I just re-bought 2022 184 RENs cause I miss that feel when you ski them. You know. Unthinking, loose, fast, and easy stupid fast in pow. They will make you ski pow better.

I’m putting Duke PTs on mine as this is a ski you want both for the resort on deep days but also to be able to take out in the side country.

Never got to ski the 184 Renegades last year, the binders were delayed in transit for 2 weeks due to the atmospheric river. And then it never snowed again after they were mounted. Finally had enough snow this past week and have skied the last 3 days. They are what I need, the right length, width and turn radius. It's pretty damn fun. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by tupp_ View Post

Yo! You still in the market?

I have a pair of early RENs, the raven 2.0 graphics, that have been sitting around the last few years. They're fitted with Binding Freedom inserts for Look/Rossi turntables and Plum guides. If you're interested, send me a PM.

Name:	YbZK7rP.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	602.2 KB 
ID:	438378