Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1706
    Some info on the new 2022 hoji on Blister. Will have the same aspen/maple core as the current renegade, -5 mount, new rocker profile similar to new devastator, Luke said it was a great ski.

4FRNT, please release a few of them in a full maple core. I bet they would all sell to use that want the ski as an inbounds only ski. The renegade's I have with that core are great and this Hoji would be so sweet as a inbounds ski with the same design.

You already have the molds and it's being made in the Canada factory so it can be that hard, Please!

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.47.08.png
Views: 2108
Size:  538.7 KB
    Last edited by mr_pretzel; 03-01-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Hmmm, don't see the hoji review... But did just see the new Dev review. Says from feb 16 '21, but this is for the current version which I thought blister already covered. Anyway, the 20-21 dev follows the trend of all the 4frnt skis - lighter, softer, shorter. You'd think that since the hoji line went lighter since more BC-oriented, that the dedicated front-side skis like the dev would stay heftier.
    Broken record here, but again creates an opening for a new (or just straight re-release) EHP. Would be pretty damn different than anything in the current line up... just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    Hmmm, don't see the hoji review...
    It's a flash review of a prototype they road. They call out the hoji line is going for raven as a tour ski, hoji as a 50/50 in bound/resort and ren as the pow ski. I hope they keep the Raven light i love that ski the way it is as a do it all tour ski. 50/50 skis have no appeal to me and are usually too light for in bounds and too heavy for touring. I agree with Pretzel and think they should make a full on in bounds Hoji and keep a tour version for people looking for a 11x tour ski.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    4FRNT, please release a few of them in a full maple core. I bet they would all sell to use that want the ski as an inbounds only ski.
    Can confirm. Would buy.
    focus.

Some info on the new 2022 hoji on Blister. Will have the same aspen/maple core as the current renegade, -5 mount, new rocker profile similar to new devastator, Luke said it was a great ski.

4FRNT, please release a few of them in a full maple core. I bet they would all sell to use that want the ski as an inbounds only ski. The renegade's I have with that core are great and this Hoji would be so sweet as a inbounds ski with the same design.

You already have the molds and it's being made in the Canada factory so it can be that hard, Please!

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.47.08.png
Views: 2108
Size:  538.7 KB
    Anyway you can post their review? I don’t have a blister account

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Similar to the devastator, you mean it’s a twin tip now ?

^^^
    The rocker profile and compound radius are similar to the devastator in that they’re not like the old models. Never been a fan of any ski with compound radius . But stated sidecut numbers are kind of a joke. Blister review seems good

Been looking for info on the changes to the hoji. Interesting to see they went down to 184

Skied my 184 ravens at the resort yesterday, testing out some mods to my touring boots. 3 pow runs in devils castle followed by sun affected hard bumps in the afternoon. Those skis just fucking rip. Almost wish I had some mounted with some pivots. Hope the new Hoji feels similar.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Skied my 184 ravens at the resort yesterday, testing out some mods to my touring boots. 3 pow runs in devils castle followed by sun affected hard bumps in the afternoon. Those skis just fucking rip. Almost wish I had some mounted with some pivots. Hope the new Hoji feels similar.
    then do it! mount them with inserts. CAST & kingpin is my goal. waiting on bits & pieces to arrive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C6A29F82-83DC-4F7F-A504-5761E6ADBEE2.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	427.4 KB 
ID:	365867

The 190s were super fun for me in the resort when I was getting a feel for them, they were the skis that resulted in me selling my quiver of skis and convert to a hoji one ski quiver. Maybe I need to revisit that.

1 PR of maple core protos available on 4FRNT online garage sale right now...

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    1 PR of maple core protos available on 4FRNT online garage sale right now...
    Mine.
    focus.

Nice! I almost snagged those, but went with the used 191's as they're my pow touring ski and figured the maple would add weight. I'm curious how those ski though - def report back once you get on them.

Still a few "display" 191's for $450 on sale right now if anyone wants them.

Thank you, sir, for the heads up.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Mine.
    Nice! I remembered somebody in this thread was looking for 'em.

I'm holding out for a pair of std 191 wolfs. If anybody here is holding, holler.

4FRNT Renegade ~ Hand built in SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Nice! I remembered somebody in this thread was looking for 'em.

I'm holding out for a pair of std 191 wolfs. If anybody here is holding, holler.
    I tried to heckle Mr. Pretzl into selling them to me a few pages back, here or in another Renegade thread. Got stonewalled.

I have a pair of goats (ibex) for sale, now.

(Why the fuck did I sign my name, there? Probably because I’m supposed to be working....)
    focus.

Fuck whoever bought the flat hojis faster than me, saved me from buying backups maples I dont need, hope you like them Mustonen!

I purposely avoided being near a computer so as to not buy the flat hoji. I have way too many skis, but that ski was very tempting. If I didn’t just score some cherry 186 ehps I probably would’ve succumbed to temptation.

Fuck whoever bought the flat hojis faster than me, saved me from buying backups maples I dont need, hope you like them Mustonen!
    Thoughts on mount point? Have standard 191 mounted on the line. They were ok there, but 1cm back probably wouldn’t have hurt either. Wondering whether going back 1cm makes more or less sense with a slightly heavier/stiffer(?) version.
    focus.

Thoughts on mount point? Have standard 191 mounted on the line. They were ok there, but 1cm back probably wouldn’t have hurt either. Wondering whether going back 1cm makes more or less sense with a slightly heavier/stiffer(?) version.
    Mount point feels ok but could see going back 1cm as also working. I’m a 25.5 so I just mount on the hoji line everytime. The Maple core feels great, but I still like the old flatter design of the 196/186 better.

I’m personally of the opinion that the hoji skis are meant to have a progressive mount point and that moving it back would mess with the magic. That said I haven’t skied the new design and have a hoard of og white room renegades that’ll probably last me until I’m too old to ski them anymore. I’d be very curious to try the new 184 as a touring rig.

I’m personally of the opinion that the hoji skis are meant to have a progressive mount point and that moving it back would mess with the magic. That said I haven’t skied the new design and have a hoard of og white room renegades that’ll probably last me until I’m too old to ski them anymore. I’d be very curious to try the new 184 as a touring rig.
    Probably futile but if you could be convinced to part with a pair of fresh white room renegades I’m interested...
    "Dude - I'd kick his ass. I can take my ski-off so fucking fast." - Jongsy

I would ski them on the line, or possibly adjust slightly based on Hoji’s BSL formula mentioned somewhere in this thread. The skis like a centered stance so lots of people (especially on here) feel like it’s too far forward if they are more aggressively forward in their position.

4FRNT Renegade ~ Hand built in SLC.

Less a philosophical or general question about Renegade mount point and the mystique of the Hoj (which I’ve wholly bought into) than speculating whether the characteristics of the proto renegades lent themselves to messing with mount point vs. the mass produced version.

I’ve had Renegades in my quiver since reading JRainey’s review at the top of this thread (can’t believe it’s been 10 years) and even daily’ed them for a few years.
    focus.