Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1706
    Uhh no. All top sheets for a given model & length measure the same and are printed the same. Tend to shrink under the heat & pressure of printing. This is why you cant trust the recommended mount point line on most skis.

I’ll check my coworkers inthaynes when I get back to CO and see what’s up. My guess is that if you measure the bases they will be closer to 186.

Always know winter is about to get firing when the renegade thread gets going again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

At least a few years ago, the recommended lines on 4FRNTs were stamped on the sidewalls for just this reason. That way if the top sheets shift in pressing at all it doesn’t mess up the line too much.

But it’s still good to measure from the tail on both skis to make sure.

Renegades have never had a marking on the sidewall or top sheet. They wanted you to measure and assumed anyone buy a set of rens cared enough to bust out a tape measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Uhh no. All top sheets for a given model & length measure the same and are printed the same. Tend to shrink under the heat & pressure of printing. This is why you cant trust the recommended mount point line on most skis.

I’ll check my coworkers inthaynes when I get back to CO and see what’s up. My guess is that if you measure the bases they will be closer to 186.

Always know winter is about to get firing when the renegade thread gets going again!!!

If you could let me know what he is mounted at and how he likes it that would be greatly appreciated!

Renegades have never had a marking on the sidewall or top sheet. They wanted you to measure and assumed anyone buy a set of rens cared enough to bust out a tape measure.

Yeah. That’s correct. The White Room skis didn’t have that

Should probably post pictures of said beauties. Callin them the Green Bananas. Not too ripe.. stiffer than a yellow banana.
    That full rocker.. that 3/4 edge wrap.. that stiff tail.. that snappy nose.. oh baby.
    Good base structure as well. Fastest bases I've been on were my 4FRNT YLE's. Not the most durable, but definitely the fastest. Let's hope these are just as fast, but a little harder thinking the black will help too.

Also, probably going -4cm from center/89cm from tail.. just checking the measurements from the tail and true center.

Yep that green looks sick. Rocker profile looks perfect! I honestly believe that I would prefer to be on an Inthayne over the Renegades (not something I say lightly). If 4Frnt starts making them in 192-196 I would be throwing money at them.
    My 2nd fave ski is the 12/13 192 bentchetler I put 150 days on and this looks like a perfect mix of the Chet & Ren.

Sick

Yep that green looks sick. Rocker profile looks perfect! I honestly believe that I would prefer to be on an Inthayne over the Renegades (not something I say lightly). If 4Frnt starts making them in 192-196 I would be throwing money at them.
    My 2nd fave ski is the 12/13 192 bentchetler I put 150 days on and this looks like a perfect mix of the Chet & Ren.

Sadly there will never be a 190 version of this Inthayne.

Next years Inthayne is gonna be 117 underfoot, 30m radius, a bit softer and a bit more jibby from what I understand. Obviously its still gonna charge, but I have no idea if it will still be a reflect tech ski or not though. Only time will tell on that, but I hope they keep it reflect tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto.Creek View Post
    Sadly there will never be a 190 version of this Inthayne.

Next years Inthayne is gonna be 117 underfoot, 30m radius, a bit softer and a bit more jibby from what I understand. Obviously its still gonna charge, but I have no idea if it will still be a reflect tech ski or not though. Only time will tell on that, but I hope they keep it reflect tech.
    Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

Where did you come onto that info?
    Will have to check out the new one, but I feel like there are plenty more skis like that on the market than a renegade with tail rocker.

Excited to ski my ravens soon and see if they are truly a mini-ren.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

Where did you come onto that info?
    Will have to check out the new one, but I feel like there are plenty more skis like that on the market than a renegade with tail rocker.

Excited to ski my ravens soon and see if they are truly a mini-ren.
    Came from Thayne himself. Not sure if you have an Instagram, but he posted it there.
    I'll post a screenshot here so you can see for yourself.

If next years Inthayne happens to just be a little narrower, softer, but still hold that RelfectTech shape, that would be awesome. But not sure if that is the direction he is headed or what sizes are even gonna be available. Thayne is like 6'1" and rides the 186 haha.

You could always just make a thread dedicated to the Inthayne and stop talking about them in a thread about a different ski... Just a thought.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    You could always just make a thread dedicated to the Inthayne and stop talking about them in a thread about a different ski... Just a thought.
    You could stop being such a flaker.

It's literally just a Ren with a turned up tail. I'm gonna find WAY more info here than anywhere else. And there is a thread on the Inthayne. I'll post there as well, but not many people have been on/reviewed the ski. Just trying to get help/help others who plan on buying. If you have a problem with that I'm sorry.

Have a good season shafty!

It's literally just a Ren with a turned up tail....
    I don't care where you talk about the Inthayne, so have at'er.
    looks like an interesting ski.
    But... a Ren with a turned up tail is a very very different ski. A big part of what makes the Ren is very much about the tail.

Next years Inthayne is gonna be 117 underfoot, 30m radius, a bit softer and a bit more jibby from what I understand. Obviously its still gonna charge, but I have no idea if it will still be a reflect tech ski or not though.
    So that makes it a twin EHP...

Berry berry intredasting.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    So that makes it a twin EHP...

Berry berry intredasting.
    Kinda. Not really. Sort of?

Kinda. Not really. Sort of?
    Let me rephrase:

Thayne. Make a twin EHP.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Let me rephrase:

Thayne. Make a twin EHP.
    I might be in the minority on this board, but while the EHP was a GREAT ski for 8 years ago when it launched, modern skis are better. I find it's better not to go back and ski these unicorn type skis years later, or you're just disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    I might be in the minority on this board, but while the EHP was a GREAT ski for 8 years ago when it launched, modern skis are better. I find it's better not to go back and ski these unicorn type skis years later, or you're just disappointed.
    You're not the minority.. I feel the same.

I completely disagree. I've skied modern.

I have 2 x EHP 193 as a daily, and 2 x EHP for touring and jibbing with the wife.

I also have 2 x 186 Renegades for perfect days.

Devastators on the way for a more turny jibby ski than my 186 EHPs.

Also tried several others made by various companies in the last couple of years.

I keep going back to the EHP.

The only skis I want to try but haven't:

ON3P - specifically the Kartel 108 and 116. But the mount point is very much back compared to the more NS centered mount I prefer. Same with the BG and SBG.

Down - never seen in real life.

Black Crows - never seen in real life.

I skied the Devastators, YLEs and the Rens and never looked back, but obviously tastes and skiing styles vary a lot

4FRNT Renegade ~ Hand built in SLC.

I specifically searched for and found a pair of 193 EHPs to sit between my 186 EHP and 196 Ren. There’s something about the way the EHP drifts and slashes but still is frictionless that I had to try the 193, I think it will be more forgiving than the 196 ren , particularly at lower speeds. I think it will bounce more , slash more but is less versatile than the Ren as the Ren is probably better on firm and can carve (the EHP can’t). I used to think the EHP was dated then I hopped on my pair for the first time in a few years and fell right back in love. But I also have quiver skis and don’t value versatility like some do. I think the EHP is kind of scary on hard snow, I’ve figured it out but I won’t call it good for the conditions.

If you have a hole between 186 EHP and 196 Ren, then you’re definitely a more quiver oriented skier than me! Ha.

I have two pairs for everything and I just learn to deal with them in all conditions.

If you have a hole between 186 EHP and 196 Ren, then you’re definitely a more quiver oriented skier than me! Ha.

I have two pairs for everything and I just learn to deal with them in all conditions.
    I imagined a hole.

You’re probably smarter than me

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I imagined a hole.

You’re probably smarter than me
    Nah. N +1 right?