Page 66 of 110 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2738
    I think it is going to suck. As a matter of fact I think I see clearing and bluesky on the cam.

I think you should all go to The Horse.
    If comparing the 2 resorts given equal snowfall, SSV will always suck in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    If comparing the 2 resorts given equal snowfall, SSV will always suck in comparison.
    We can compare helmet cam footage tomorrow : )

Hey it's puking snow like crazy and windy, let's go ski a big fucking slide path
    size 3.5 avalanche caught two skiers on the Emerald Lake slide path today. They were partially buried, had minor injuries and lost equipment. Another party behind them were able to assist them by relocating them to a safe zone, administering first aid, and sending skiers out for help.
    Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Strummer View Post
    We can compare helmet cam footage tomorrow : )
    Have fun. I'll be out of your way at Kicking Horse....that is if the highway stays open long enough for me to get there lol.

93 Did not suck today. Possibly going back tomorrow for left overs.

Castle surprised me today. Boot deep and it wasn't all over reported pockets of windblown crud. Red Chair spent most of the day closed due to winds, got up there once and bombed down Showboat, 3 or 4 fat turns. The rest of the day was spent in the trees below North Run, hucking and cratering off a few ledges.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Wait a minute there...until this season weren't you the guy always skiing Sunshine even when the snow was better at KH or elsewhere? Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

I think it's safe to consider you another KH convert.

lol...the Kicking Horse pass for this year stemmed with me becoming bored of the standard early season fare at SSV. I love Sunshine, but the good stuff isn't open until later and was getting bored with waiting for the goods to open all the time. The slack country is boring. Learning a new place is like being a kid in a candy store, every thing is new and it's just a constant process of finding new stuff to ski. Plus can get on stuff there out side of the resort that I wouldn't even consider most of the time in the eastern rockies snowpack. Waiting around for Delerium etc late in the season isn't uping my game the way I want as early as I want. With all that said the spring skiing at SSV just can't be beat.

Long story short I guess i'm a convert cause i'll definately have a pass there next year too. LL and KH should get a pass together....that would kick ass.

It also helps to be able to ski the ridge feature in between chutes without worrying about smashing the crap out of yourself on rocks

so where do I start ???
    at the horse 2day the gondi cue was huge for most of the day,
    the winds were huge,
    vis was poor in the alpine.
    so why did we ski there 2day?
    coz it puked all nite/day non stop and was insane!
    fuez opened about midday, and shit was deep!
    shit was wrong! not right!
    wordz can't explain.
    let me just say ...
    KICKING HORSE KICKED ASS !!!

PAtrol at the horse are gods,
    how could they get CPR and bowl over open at 9am ???
    nice work people !!!
    o
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Thumbs up

Jasper skied wicked awesome today. Couldn't see shit but for only reporting 3 cms the snow was amazing. Probably around 10 cms during the day but it was mad windy. The wind here rules. Massive faceshots would not be possible without the gusty winds. Pockets of goodness everywhere and its still dumping. The pow skis are actually being used tomorrow. For sure more than the 100 mm waist I was using today is needed. Super busy but as usual the M,armot skier can't get passed the fancy new lift to hit the Knob or eagles east. So good...
    Fucking so good ...Kinda was as good as fucking. If anyone is in the area go get some. I didn't even have to hike to get freshies.

...Learning a new place is like being a kid in a candy store...
    I sometimes wish I could go back in time to ski some of my now favorite places for the very first time again. I have such great memories of first days at places like KH after the expansion from Whitetooth, Revy opening week, even my first ski days at Squaw, Snowbird, Mammoth, etc.

There's something so amazing about every turn you make being completely new.

I'm pleased to see so many stoked mag"s!
    it sounds like everywhere is getting it, maybe fernie got rain again!
    Let me just say, the horse is having a good year.
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    I'm pleased to see so many stoked mag"s!.
    +10
    Gonna' be some good turns had by all tomorrow!
    Look forward to the posts.

not all. i'm nursing a bad back.

have fun. post videos, please.

KH was awesome on sat! Timing was on as I didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes in the gondy line and that's without using the 'locals' line.

Highways 93 and 1 in both directions are closed! That should hopefully keep some of the gorbies out (or worse, keep them in).

Today will not suck as it snowed 5 cm in a hour overnight but add gusts of 133km/hr and it could be interesting.

hah...had a feeling the highway would close with this much snowfall. Looks like totals are pretty much the same every where. Should be a stellar day for every one. Game on!!

still nukin in Golden!

Ah fuck... Sofa for me today.... Damn flu!

It stopped snowing here.... not long after they posted the snowfall warning!

It looks like 8-10 fell in most places after the lifts stopped running.... Most of SSV's 25 in 24hrs is either in Sask. or the Dive/SS.... Shoulder was $$ yesterday, but anything exposed was wind-fucked. Anything round from Cleavage on GE could be fun today as you couldn't see for shit to get around there yesterday!

Norquay was looking pretty sweet on the cams this morning.....

Looking forward to some stoke....

I've made amends with SSV lol. It was skiing awesome up there today. Windy, but the usual catches were deep with big face shots. Big delays getting stuff open, Standish didn't open until about 9:20. The weekend powder hounds made quick work of the fresh and it didn't take long to track out. Hopefully they get the highway open for tommorrow.

Anyone know if superbowl opened today??

Photos from Sat Feb 12. Hwy 93 S. It was a good day.

^ too funny I just clicked on "like" for the same pics on Facebook. Awesome shots of deepness.

So, for a change, Fernie is trashed while everywhere else is getting nuked on. Anyone recommend somewhere to drive to from here for a day tour that's not been hit by all the unfrozen precip and wind that's hammered fernie?

Maybe Whitefish is doing o.k?
    Looking for the next turn..

I was on my way to Jasper for the weekend on Friday and saw the 6 or 7 police cars racing East on the TC and flipping around towards Harvie Heights... couldn't figure out why they needed so many, and now I know... holy shit! When we got to Harvie Heights, we saw an SUV turn North and he might have had two good tires, maybe none... it was obvious he had been spiked-belted and didn't want to pull over. Then there was another cruiser who thought it was a good idea to head East in the Westbound lanes of the TC. Freakin' gong-show!

Marmot was skiing really well on Saturday, but the drive home was pretty sketch from Jasper to Louise. There's a lot of wind transport going on out there right now!
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Anyone know if superbowl opened today??
    Dropped at the end of the day.

KH was all time today. Amazing bluebird pow day, some epic lines being thrown down. Shredded with the RMF crew all day and was so stoked to see the kids slaying the shit out of everything! One of the best days and highest stoke levels I've had in years.

And it just started snowing again.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning