Page 63 of 110 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2738
    a bump for fernie ...
    however I'm sure reve, the horse and maybe even lake lousy were better for pow!

the jr freeskiing comp was great.
    young guys and girls skied fast and thru down shit!
    young chicks doing big 360"s !!! I'm excited! oh shit did I say that out loud ??? she was 17 so fark off!
    If your in the area the snow conditions are,
    at best packed powder, but ...
    you may just see some epic lines on average snow.
    normally they hold it on big bang, but it was on concussion, curry bowl in the sun!
    normally concussion is the venue for day one for the adults, where will tomorrow be,
    pretty please RCR ...
    let it be on polar peak ???
    you didn't open polar peak today ...
    please ... this crew are worthy !!!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    a bump for fernie ...
    the jr freeskiing comp was great.
    young guys and girls skied fast and thru down shit!

pretty please RCR ...
    let it be on polar peak ???

please ... this crew are worthy !!!
    Not to mention that Polar peak will actually be safer for these kids for their landings cos they wont be landing on bulletproof hardpack. So if theres anything you can do to mitigate the Avy risk????.......open er up and give it to the competitors. They will do us all proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

day 2 = big bang
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

Wow. Big upslope storm on its way. Maybe 50 cm by Monday morning from Waterton to K Country, 40 cm for Jasper. Castle, Nakiska and Marmot are where the cool kids will be hanging out the next few days.

yeah, the skiing at F.A.R. is fun due to fast, "hard pack", snow.

Shadam, will you be up tomorrow? Want to meet up for some turns in the chutes?
    Looking for the next turn..

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Wow. Big upslope storm on its way. Maybe 50 cm by Monday morning from Waterton to K Country, 40 cm for Jasper. Castle, Nakiska and Marmot are where the cool kids will be hanging out the next few days.
    Yep....may be negotiating Monday morning off.
    They have upgraded the snowfall amounts.

And I am just heading out Monday, for a few days..... Might be ok

first chair on nakiska on monday

Its a shame the young rippers have to compete on big bang for day 2.
    Big bang in a mogul feild with minimal terrain features, limiting line score.
    the huck oppertunities are tame, have been trashed out, and the run outs are moguls.
    However, putting these rippers on polar peak might result in more explossions and injuries than completed score cards.
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

I find it funny how they have to issue a winter storm warning for Alberta. Revy is expected to get 3 times the snow Banff is supposed to get and there is no warning there. I guess the east isn't normally used to getting that much snow.

The Horse was a tad busy on Sat with 5 busses there. Definitely a good day to use the 'hey, how's it going?' phrase to get in the line at the front!
    Last edited by goldenshowers; 02-06-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    I find it funny how they have to issue a winter storm warning for Alberta. Revy is expected to get 3 times the snow Banff is supposed to get and there is no warning there. I guess the east isn't normally used to getting that much snow.

The Horse was a tad busy on Sat with 5 busses there. Definitely a good day to use the 'hey, how's it going?' phrase to get in the line at the front!
    Uh yeah, 30-55cm expected in Banff vs 12-19cm in Revy. Stop looking at The weather network and look at environment Canada instead. way more consistent forecasting.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html
    http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html

....and then the snow-forecast calls for hardly any with much more to the west. Some fresh snow in Banff this morning.

K-country avy bulletin from last night says
    "Models totally differ at this time with one showing 15-25cm of new snow along the divide on Sunday and the other showing zero. "

Banff avy bulletin says
    "15-25 cm of snow expected starting Sunday afternoon into Monday"

And south columbia says
    "A bit of a question mark as weather forecasts disagree. I'm banking on less than 15cm of snow. Some suggest up to 40cm

Sounds like they don't know wtf is going down with this one.

Really going to depend on where the cold air and Pacific flow meet. Will be watching the web cams and snow sensors tonight.

I noticed they just issued a "Questionable Arithmetic" warning for the Golden area, on account of some people confusing 3x with 1/3.

further to the above, 30cm in a million-strong city ≫ 60cm in a one-road town. and that's without taking into account the notoriously bad (according to BC dwellers) alberta drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    Its a shame the young rippers have to compete on big bang for day 2.
    Big bang in a mogul feild with minimal terrain features, limiting line score.
    the huck oppertunities are tame, have been trashed out, and the run outs are moguls.
    However, putting these rippers on polar peak might result in more explossions and injuries than completed score cards.
    Did you watch today??? Some pretty big stuff being thrown down, especially the super step down near the bottom. Had a wicked weekend down here for the comp. My kiddos slayed it and the freeskiing was pretty damn fun. Found some awesome turns off Bear/Boom that I couldn't believe hadn't been hit yet!

Stoked to get home to the Horse tonight though. Looks like Monday is going to be damn fine!
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/19634521"]http://www.vimeo.com/19634521[/ame]

some powder skiing from last week

environment canada must be checking tgr frequently, because they just added this disclaimer to the warnings page:

Winter storms warnings are issued when a snowfall of at least 25 cm is expected in 24 hours.
    if you're on a mac, i suggest checking out the radar/satellite and Environment Canada's Weather widgets for the dashboard, which give you quick access to the forecast at a glance and provide links to warning and watches when they appear:

http://mirtchovski.com/code/environment.html

Here are some pics from this weekend and last, highway 93 north and south. The backcountry is in very good shape at the moment around these parts. We finally have the coverage to ski most places and guess what? It actually supports body weight! More snow on the way to boot, sweet.

On a better note from SSV...... Yesterday there was a team working on the Dive with a few shots and today a team through WW.

Entrance to Dive still fucked, but at least it looks like the guys are working it.....

Quote Originally Posted by the_teo View Post

some powder skiing from last week
    Some nice skiing there Teo!

Was that first bit in Fish??

Quote Originally Posted by nicolaib211v View Post

Most of it looks a lot like the Cedar/Boom area...

Nice shots, Winkler. Been meaning to explore more of the burns. That's some fine inspiration right there.

I must say the burns are pretty good skiing, the only downside is getting charcoal on yourself every time you brush up against a tree. After a weekend in the burns my skinning jacket and pack look rather sooty.

Quote Originally Posted by toiletduck View Post
    Most of it looks a lot like the Cedar/Boom area...
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolaib211v View Post

Yepp, first bit is form fish bowl. After that it's outer siberia (?), siberia ridge and suprize trees (we call it tripple trees)

Quote Originally Posted by the_teo View Post
    Yepp, first bit is form fish bowl. After that it's outer siberia (?), siberia ridge and suprize trees (we call it tripple trees)
    My knowledge of the hill wins again

Dumping in town in Fernie, must be 3cm in town in the last hour!