Page 108 of 110 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2738
    SSV turned off the cameras. i'm sure they're starting the bear slaughter soon.

An inch or two of soggy snow in Canmore this morning, tapering off to just rain past Banff. Still coming down though. Might be fair bit up the Spray Lakes road...

1-2 " of snow on the ground in banff at 8am....

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    Damnit! I noticed the web cams were off but couldn't think of a good joke.

Rain just changed to snow here at EE's house about 15 min ago. Elevation 1308 m.

I hope someone is hiking right now at Nakiska, because I am stuck doing stuff in the city today.

http://www.skinakiska.com/conditions...l.aspx?image=1

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    I hope someone is hiking right now at Nakiska, because I am stuck doing stuff in the city today.

http://www.skinakiska.com/conditions...l.aspx?image=1
    i washed and put away all my ski gear, declaring last weekend the end. perhaps i'll just declare a day at nakiska as early season 2011/2012?

epic at nakiska,
    2 runs from ridge top to 2nd chair station. and another run from top of lift 30-40 cms and some wind up high.

So who's doing what for passes next season? Check in...

Definately 100% getting another mid week horse pass, that place fucking trumps LL and Shitshine.

Leaning towards LL over SSV for the full seasons pass. Maybe a multi area pass instead of either, depending on work over the summer and fall. Always waiting for stuff to open at SSV.

Any reports from K-country today? Went to check some stuff out up at Morraine Lake. Trails are snowbound from the lot. Isothermal shit fight, I wouldn't bother until we get a good solid freeze. Fun day out non the less and out of this whole spring, only my second real isothermal day. Crazy eh. Crown still showing on 3-4. Gaurd rail along the road has been pnwed by an avalanche complete with broken tree limbs. Looks funny in a glad I wasn't there carnage sort of way.

Where's the guardrail

Oh there it is

Bwahahahhaha....bitched.

http://www.skibig3.com/rmp

$2000 for 8 places to ski, (just not reve, castle, or KH)

Had one last season. If the work is there I might just get one again, but definately 100% on the mid week KH.

It would be the tits if KH and LL got a deal together for a joint pass. That would be a hard combo to beat.

Oh yeah...and this comment
    needs recognition cause it's full of hilarious win.
    Last edited by time2clmb; 05-28-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post

Any reports from K-country today?
    Don't post here much, but seeing as I've been checking this thread for conditions reports from the backcountry all season, this is for you T2C.
    Plan Saturday was solo at Nakiska, but with plus 2 and rain at the base at 8 AM, weather before leaving home showed minus 1 at ridegtop so not much of a temp. gradient there promising powder up higher. Instead headed off down into the Smith-Dorrien where it was snowing and zero. Slogged up towards Chester Lake, breaking trail through 30-45 cm of wet mash before giving up at the second larch meadow before the lake. It seemed pointless to continue as at that elevation there was still no hint of dryness in the storm snow. Poked a bit in the snow before heading home- 110 HS at 2170m, comprised of 40 cm wet storm snow atop a strong 20 cm semi frozen crust, over a base of 50 cm loose wet grains. Travel off the main trail was not a problem (other than the aforementioned deep soggy storm snow) as the snowpack remained surprisingly supportive. Could be some OK skiing once this settles out and if we get some decent refreezes, but I think I'm done for the season.
    Thanks for all the reports, they have been quite useful.
    Last edited by bigsteve; 05-28-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    "...underachiever, and proud of it!"
    Bart Simpson

^hey cool, thanks for popping by with an update. I've been lurking over at t-tips aswell checking on conditions reports coming in there.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    I've been lurking over at t-tips aswell checking on conditions reports coming in there.
    Hey, quit spying on us!

I still haven't decided on a pass for next season. Guess I better make a decision soon, anyone know offhand what KH is charging for a midweek? They just have their spring sale prices listed which ended last month. If anyone is looking to fill out a 4 pass at Norquay I could be into that, Norquay sale ends June 5.

I think the super early bird mid week for regional was just over 600ish. I think it was offered for sale from August to Sep. 20th-ish or some where around there.

i will be putting the time in LL next winter. i'm not sure i'll get a pass, but depending on work situation i may not have the ability to do short midday-midweek trips, so SSV won't have a hold on me.

i would be very interested in the pre-season weather pattern discussion come august. this past winter blew the predictions wide open (we expected above average, but it started slow and finished record), so as things get more weird and the patterns change it'll be difficult figuring out which gods to sacrifice goats to.

that said, i'm off to eastern europe for a month. enjoy the cold and the snow while i fly a kite

Have a good trip! Maybe by the time you're back all the snow will finally be gone at COP. Still enough to make some turns. Poo Glacier, is what we used to call it in years like this.

Not sure on a pass yet, depends where I move. Leaning towards getting a place in Kimberley, Rossland or near Kelowna. I have lost my tolerance for prairie winters and -40 temps.

But wherever I end up will get at least a KH/LL card or maybe a KH pass, since that is where all the coolest Maggots hang out.

I have next years KH pass purchased. The deal at the time was $699 for the full pass (not mid-week) and I got about 8 days on it this past spring already.

Not sure what mid-week is going to run now that the sale is over.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

^ there will probably be the typical pre fall early bird sale again.... I always get my passes for hills prior to winter but after summer during the sales.

How did the 3-4 look? Crown still visible?
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiilbert View Post
    Crown still visible?
    Totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    But wherever I end up will get at least a KH/LL card or maybe a KH pass, since that is where all the coolest Maggots hang out.
    you mean the supper coolest
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

please tell me your not seriously considering Kimberley ???
    you obviously don't want to ride pow next season ...

Its all about kicking the horse ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

KH had their "locals" deal in early spring this year for $600 and change for a full week pass. Deals in the fall will not be as good. The hill had a ten year deal upon the sale of Whitetooth for locals pass rates. That 10 years is now up so it'll be interesting what sales will be offered in the fall. This was the first year that you had to purchase next years' passes prior to the finish of the previous season to get the best deal.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    KH had their "locals" deal in early spring this year for $600 and change for a full week pass. Deals in the fall will not be as good. The hill had a ten year deal upon the sale of Whitetooth for locals pass rates. That 10 years is now up so it'll be interesting what sales will be offered in the fall. This was the first year that you had to purchase next years' passes prior to the finish of the previous season to get the best deal.
    Diff between the local area A and the regional is almost nothing now $629 vs$669. A big cahnge from a couple of years ago. Now it sucks not to be from BC or AB and have to pay $230 more. The mid week is about $150 less so with t LL card that 3 weekend days. I don't know but there were a lot of weekend days that were epic this year with some stuff not opening till Sunday some weekends.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.