Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I don't have anything useful to suggest, but I hope that you're recovering fully.
    ^This.

You're having a hell of a year, no? Zion Zig Zag and Diamond Joe seem to be right on, at least according to my training.

And on a trivial note: nice car, shame to have this episode so soon after the (long-awaited) delivery.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Shit I didn't know that but I guess it kinda makes sense. I guess I'll keep the driving on the DL as much as possible for a while.
    I would think it's pretty standard as the risk is real. My cousin lost hers and keeps having seizures so can't get it back. She has to show a year clear of seizures to be reinstated.

On the flip side a local ski coach was killed very near here while riding his bicycle. Some guy came across 2 lanes and nailed him on the oncoming shoulder. The guy driving was having a seizure and apparently had no prior history of them. Nobody needs that shit from either side.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

jeesus Ice glad you are alive and sure hope they get it figured out.

About the driving thing. I say play it safe, hire me to come chaffeur you around in that sweet ride until we know it's safe.

Seriously, vibes to the fam too. that had to be some scary shit to have go down for them. you don't remember, they will never forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Holy shit man! I got nothin' other than vibes. I hope you get this figured out and it turns out to be something controllable or an allergic reaction or something.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Sounds like the DT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Didja eat anything weird in NY last weekend?
    really
    you were up in my hood with no call?
    thaat shit you felt was just yaheweh doin some smiting for me.
    Scary shit eh?
    dont let it happen again

Scary stuff.

I have a friend who suddenly started having seizures a couple years ago. Hospital stays, MRIs, CT Scans, 24 observation, etc., etc.

They never really figured out what it was, found some vacuous spaces in his brain, but no clear cause. Could have been remnant of multiple concussions, a virus, MJ usage, stress, or a combination therein.

Then they went away and havent come back.

Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by iceclimb View Post

These could be completely random, or could be related to some anoxic period during the aortic anureism.
    From what I read in the other thread (granted I didn't read much) Iceman had his aneurysm in the abdomen so that would be the artery carrying blood from the heart down to the legs. It would have to rupture or bleed a lot to cause brain anoxia - the kind of blood loss you would be unlikely to recover from I suspect.

And the fact that Iceman is still with us leads me to think that he had that pesky artery repaired so the chances of rupture should hopefully be small.

Shit, this is like House, bunch of people with some knowledge brainstorming the diagnosis.

The Chief of Staff at Mayo clinic just happens to be a neurologist. Hopefully someone on here has hook ups?

Regardless...vibes to Iceman. I would think the fact that you haven't had a repeat seizure is a very good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Iceman has seizures in jeans.

What?....Too soon?
    heh, I owed an explanation to this guy skuff who I was going to get some tickets for, so I PM'd him yesterday to say sorry and that was about the first thing out of his mouth... pretty funny, but you LOSE to skuff.

Uh, yeah... sorry about that, no malice intended.

Glad to hear you're feeling fine, here's to more of the same.

{future} iceman posts* in the padded room in A.D. 2062 {/future}

*in denim robe

Quote Originally Posted by Orphic Seth View Post
    Then I watched psychiatrists and neurologists point fingers at each other saying it was the others' department because they couldn't figure it out. Basically: The Brain is complicated, and people don't really know what's going on up there.
    Ain't that the fucking truth. I've witness a handful seizures and from what you describe it pretty much fits the bill. Good luck and vibes Ice

Damn iceman, you're gonna give your son a fucking heart attack by Christmas at this rate!

Seriously though, that's a lot of scary shit to be dealing with in a year, as if you didn't already have a reason to start thinking about how you look at your life and then bam again! I too have nothing useful to contribute other than keep on keepin on!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Damn J, that's some scary shit. Glad it was only a seizure and not a heart attack though. If you need anything and don't feel up to driving, give me a call. I'm not that far away and I work from home, so my schedule's pretty flexible.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

I was flopping around on the floor for a while
    We use to call this the electric fish. Glad you like your new car and you're on the right side of the dirt. Hopefully this was a one time thing.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

To your health . . .! Vibes.

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary

so whens the audi going up in gear swap?

ok so you stated you wanted to hear from the head injury crowd and the talk has pretty much been stuck on seizure but reading your account reminds me of a hockey accident i had back in high school...

playoffs against the neighboring town, hot rivalry all that. getting down to the wire and game is getting dirty. broken collarbone on our side was retaliated with a broken wrist to their side. the second ambalance had just left when i got mine. skating backwards fast i got sticked and went over. never even got my hands down. took all of it to the back of the head and a bit to the shoulders. kind of like a switch scorpion i guess.
    i remember being lifted off my feet and then i remember flipping out in the back of the bench that the game was on the line and kasper should not be on D. there were several parents holding me down as i very adamantly tried to get up and back into the game. later i saw the video tape...
    i was just by the center line, full opposite our bench. got sticked, slammed hard on my head and popped right back up again stiff and straight. took two strides towards the bench and just collapsed, not stumbled but collapsed like one of those rubber string dolls with the button on the bottom. the second i hit the ground i popped right back up again all stiff and straight. like you could see the tenseness in my upper body. i crumpled three times before i made it across to the bench. they laid me down on all the bags and apparently i spent almost 10 minutes with a slow drool and lifeless, unmoving eyes open. until i snapped back into full consciousness and flipped out that a kid from the B squad was playing my position. the first abalance had made it back by this time and they carted me off.

for the next few days i felt like i had ran an ultra or something. my entire body was weak. i was sloth like. i felt fine just sore all over, like that full body ache you get from the flu. on the fourth day it was time to go see the doc for a followup. i was stoked cause i hadnt been outside in a couple days so i jumped down the three steps to the driveway and retriggered the whole thing. i 'woke' up in the car and realized we were going the wrong direction. went to say something to my mom but she was on the car phone telling the doctor she was taking me back to the hospital cause i was unconscious. thats right, car phone bitches. thats when i told her i was ok.
    docs never found anything wrong in MRI and pretty much just listed it as a severe concussion. i have a theory that someone wasnt cool with you going for a fourth slice, but im no doctor.

anyway, its been about 15 years and at least as many smacks to the concrete since then and i have never had anything like that head injury or retriggered something near similar again. so id say your fine. but YMMV. back then my jeans were baggy. rip jnco. buy american.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

those boboli pizza things are gross.

Sounds like a seizure, but the memory loss sounds like a concussion symptom (I've had 6 of them)....did you hit your head hard during the seizure? Not that it matters, its just always good to know what is the result of what when trying to diagnose something.

Good god Ice. Sending you as many positive vibes as I can. Your family has had a helluva year man.

I saw something similar in a movie recently. I'm pretty sure you are possessed. Try not to eat a lot of split pea soup, cause you will projectile vomit that stuff if a priest gets to near you.

Didn't read all 3 pages but I doubt anyone said this:

Google "Long Q-T Syndrome"

A good friend died from this about 4 years ago - 6 months after her second child was born. She had been having "seizures" a couple times/ year for many years. Her family has money and she was seen by the best doctors in the country. They all focused on potential neurological causes.

There were a few cardio guys who wanted to do some tests but frankly no one was listening to them.

The tests came back a few weeks before she died and she was told she "might" need a pace maker and that she should "think about" avoiding strenuous exercise and elevated temperatures. Again, no one took the cardio option too seriously so she continued to train for a marathon and do yoga when she visited her Mom in Memphis in May (hot!).

After she died he husband researched long Q-T syndrome and found that in addition to events being trigger by exercise and heat it has been known to be triggered in the first 6 months after child birth.

No mention of sweet new Audis triggering seizure-like events in the literature AFAIK.

Good luck.

not sure how the relationship is with the wife, but this shit happened to me recently:

I keed, I keed - but on a serious note, hope you are doing better.

++vibes++ thats alot to go through in a short amount of time. hope things work out well. open MRI's usually look like a letter C with one side missing. some have a plate above and below. make sure it's a high field magnet. around 1.0 Tesla. better resolution and shorter scan times. it would be better to go with a 1.5 or higher strenght magnet and ask for some valium or zanax. again, better resolution.
    by the way, nice ride. luv those Audis.

and iceman quatrros in jeans.

++Jeans++

hope alls well
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

WTF is a good title. Good luck. The car sounds amazing.

When I started reading the thread I was expecting you to tell us that the Boboli gave the whole family the shits.

Scary dude- feel better soon. I will say that I have had similar things happen in the past and each time the circumstances were somewhat the same: I (most likely) had very low blood sugar, I had smoked ganj and I was operating on very little sleep and I was under a LOT of stress emotionally.

Stress seems to be out only common factor btn us and the fact that Neuro guys couldn't find anything wrong w/ me. Now that I recognize these common factors I am careful not to put them all together.

Best of luck figuring it out...
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent