Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

PNW SUCKS. IT ONLY RAINS THERE.

Some low res photos from the crystal bc:

The Bulldozer

Getting Hi

Round One Complete

Ninja Cat Moves

Fly on the Wall was attempted and the attemptee was put on belay and hauled up/rapelled down by patrol. Made for a good show while chair 6 broke.

Anyone know if he is alright or what the word is on the chair? please tell me they had oil in the engine this time...

Hahaha thank God he didn't die. That's a sick line though.

Vid I made from Baker today:

Definitely a little rusty, but good times were had. Especially early early morning on north face/pan dome.
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

mt hood

white river at 6000' was amazing today. good coverage and great snow. light was flat but the sun poked out every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Powaholic View Post
    Vid I made from Baker today:

Definitely a little rusty, but good times were had. Especially early early morning on north face/pan dome.
    Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Impressive.
    Agreed. Nit bad at all.

Stevens was sick. Rode off cowboy ridge all the way to the bottom and didn't hit a single rock.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Shooting star was fuuuuuun for a while. Then I made the mistake of dropping into roach bowl, and confronting the sea of humanity. Called it, and went home.

/blog
    The only reason I stopped around noon is that I had to go watch my three month old, the baby jesus, in the lodge while my wife skied. I hucked rather large every run I took as well, but the stomping ended after run two and it was just sacrificial lamb to pow! after that. Something to do with the large stature and no leg mussle going large. Picture bowling ball on toothpicks. Notice how I get the morning session. I expect more you.
    /blog

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Shooting star was fuuuuuun for a while. Then I made the mistake of dropping into roach bowl, and confronting the sea of humanity. Called it, and went home.

/blog
    Did laps on 4bowl then hit the bowls off shooting star. Good times. Only found a few rocks.

crystal bc

..was good yesterday. real good.

so i'm home in portland for a week. it's a week break from school, which is always weird in the middle of a semester, but I hate take a day break from the large amounts of homework and such. i'm thinking tuesday or monday at meadows? lots of snow "promised" to fall on monady, but riding monday seems like a better option if all that moisture doesn't come and it's just wind, wind, wind. thoughts?

the home for a week in portland seems really backwards - it's good right now back at targhee, but yet, here i am...

Don't fear the Rooster

Broke out the rock skis for some Xtal adventures. Lotss of rocks on Piste? Si. Lot of rocks off-piste? No.

The bootpack.

The Goods

Started to snow heavy around noon. Called it quits about 1:30PM, and the snow was filling in the tracks.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

benk, did I talk to you guys? Three of you and the dog. I was solo with the old fluffy white dog trotting along behind.
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

Quote Originally Posted by corn dog View Post
    benk, did I talk to you guys? Three of you and the dog. I was solo with the old fluffy white dog trotting along behind.
    yup, you sure did! I knew there had to be some other TGR folks up there

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Fly on the Wall was attempted and the attemptee was put on belay and hauled up/rapelled down by patrol. Made for a good show while chair 6 broke.

Anyone know if he is alright or what the word is on the chair? please tell me they had oil in the engine this time...
    Patrol told me today it was ice in the bullwheel. The two guys rescued were ok but paid big bucks for it, one of them $900 and the other $1,000.

As far as skiing goes, it was great to be back on skis even though I sucked.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Couple pics from the Tatoosh from yesterday:

Can't wait to get out again. Bring it Ullr!

Quote Originally Posted by Plinko View Post

Round One Complete
    Awesome!
    Look forward to seeing you up there or here some time soon!
    Yesterdays snow fall for the pass went about 8" past forecast, nice and blower light too.

Any beta on North Cascades/ HWY 20?
    Drove over last night, and still not enough snow. Maybe a foot deep at the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Couple pics from the Tatoosh from yesterday:

Anybody hear word on the guy injured/buried from yesterday? Saw the rescue party on the way out. He was ok but apparently had a broken leg from hitting rocks. Stability went to crap by the end of the day with all the new snow moving around.

Pretty fun over the weekend.

I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by RIGAFARI View Post
    Anybody hear word on the guy injured/buried from yesterday? Saw the rescue party on the way out. He was ok but apparently had a broken leg from hitting rocks. Stability went to crap by the end of the day with all the new snow moving around.
    No idea. I guess when I said "yesterday" at 1AM, I meant I was there Saturday. Terrible news about the injury. I can sure see how it could happen though. There were certainly some rocky sections, particularly the first steep face above Narada Falls.

Winter Storm Warning just posted for the greater Seattle area and lowlands. Forecasters blew this one big time. Snowing hard in north Seattle right now on top of the inch from this morning.

Great photo.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge