Page 60 of 82 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2035
    Same at White Pass. Great snow in the protected areas, wind packed where exposed. Lots of deep pow to be had today.

Does anyone ever get into some hot springs around Stevens or Baker? I know there are a couple nearby but I've never been. I spent a little time in Bozeman earlier this season and pretty much got addicted.

^ I don't know of any right around here, but some hot springs on my parts right now would be the goddamn bees knees.

Just look up the directions for baker lake hot springs if you are near baker ( highway 20 to be more exact)

Or Stevens is...scenic hotsprings I believe. I have only been to baker, and they are a tad dirty, but I can tolerate it for the hot soak.

Goldmeyer off highway 90 - out of seattle is the best by far. set you back 10 bux, but worth it for a lot of reasons. You can google the exact directions, because you should never trust these maggots.

^Right on man. Yeah I saw the scenic springs come up in a google search, but they seemed a little sketchy. ie on private property, not very accessible, shady directions. Just curious of anyone frequents any of them. I'd hate to promise a good soak to the chick and then not be able to find a tub....shit I'd hate to promise myself a soak and not be able to find a tub.

The ones up by Stevens weren't very warm last time I was there.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

incredibly fun day at baker today. would have been perfect if a ski patroller hadn't beat me to willows.!
    "snowboarding can be playing but to me it's more like living"
    -craig kelly

Baker was the tits today. I got 2nd chair up chair 1 after it finally opened and I was the first person besides ski patrol to hit canucks. So deep that turning was basically a non-occuring activity. So damn good.

Edit to add vid:

Last edited by Powaholic; 03-13-2011 at 12:07 AM.
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Yesterday at N. Cascades Helli was radness. 2-3' of fresh snow everywhere. A little meadow-skipping in the morning but the afternoon stepped it up an notch and it got super fun. Ended up 11 laps for the day, we were pumped to repeat today. We were last out of the barn yesterday so they gave us first out. Talk was of fog and it got really murky quick. We were able to do 2 beautiful, fast laps before conditions totally socked in but it was back to the barn. Hung out there for about an hour before they called it for the day. Kinda sucks but at least we weren't the other 2 groups that never left the barn. Crossing my fingers for better visibility tomorrow
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

So DEEP this morning at Baker. Some fun riding till it got all soggy...

the fiancee finding some good turns in the Crystal bc today....

found some spooky looking layers 2' down and 4' down, and new snow coming down was really sluffy

Just a heads up, Baker will be closed tomorrow.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

rlude, how come? Too much control work to keep up with?

Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    rlude, how come? Too much control work to keep up with?
    Yep, its pretty much going to be nasty up there.
    Baker has been in a significant storm cycle these past two weeks with over 10 FEET OF SNOW falling in the past 14 days and nearly 5 feet of that in just the past few days. There are a series of strong frontal systems forecasted to head our way through this coming Wednesday with a particularly strong system expected to roll into the region on Sunday bringing increasingly strong winds, warming temperatures and warm frontal rain.

DUE TO THE UNUSUAL CIRCUMSTANCES of forecasted warming temperatures and rain combined with the tremendous about of new snowfall we have received, Mt. Baker will be TEMPORARILY CLOSED ON SUNDAY to allow for snow stabilization while this warm front moves over us; we plan to be BACK IN OPERATION MONDAY at 9:00am.

Freezing levels are expected to drop back down to 2,000 feet for Monday with another foot or more of snow expected during Sunday night on into Monday and moderate to significant snowfall expected through Wednesday. Varying freezing levels are expected through the week as the series of fronts moves from the Gulf of Alaska through our area.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Did a little touring out of Yodelin but on the north side of the highway. Just awesome. Definitely played it safe but what we did get was great.

Crystal was a total sleeper day yesterday. I have no idea where everyone was. Conditions were pretty good in the morning, but there were some areas where you could feel the wind crust. We went in for lunch and it snowed about 3" while we were sitting there. High Campbell closed, so we hiked up to Exterminator at it was untracked for the entire top half. Most excellent.

Also, who was rocking the 112rps with FT12s? I had a nice view of them through lunch, couldnt help but drool.

Friday at Xtal was amazing, despite the huge crowd in comparison to Thursday, which was just stupid fun. After four years of generally keeping my skis on the snow, I have slowly started to venture back into the world of hucking, with some mixed results. Starting to get my huck legs back though and can't wait to fling myself around more next week.

Here is the POV from friday.

It snowed like this from first chair to last chair at Mission Ridge today.

I just got home from Baker and just got word that Shuksan Arm went big sometime this afternoon in comparable size to '98-'99. Hope everyone's ok.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Crossing my fingers for better visibility tomorrow
    My buddy Peter who works there said he didn't think anyone got out on Sunday. Djou?

^Nope. Spent almost 5 hours waiting until the plug was pulled. They got a tour out first thing and the first heli group got 2 laps. Group 2 left the barn twice without touching down. In the end they offered us a spot for today but without a more promising weather forecast we just took the voucher and will return again.

It kinda sucks knowing we had one great day but got shut down on the others. Total mixed bag of emotions about the whole trip but that's the way it goes.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Wednesday is looking like fun at Baker...

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    I just got home from Baker and just got word that Shuksan Arm went big sometime this afternoon in comparable size to '98-'99. Hope everyone's ok.
    Pictures of crown?