Page 58 of 85 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2104
    The lines at Alpy were a bitch, but so worth it. I'm sitting in my office wondering why I quit at 1:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    The lines at Alpy were a bitch, but so worth it. I'm sitting in my office wondering why I quit at 1:00.
    Tis unfortunate. Damn good day and I'm certainly thankful that over half the people had cleared out by 1. As deep as the snow was on the first couple runs, I can't stand those lines (I go touring on weekends usually). Even more enjoyable getting face shots on shot six after practically walking right on chair 2 at 3:00.

Fingers crossed for elevator opening on thursday.

I was at the chair at 7:20 and though the first run was pretty awesome, the later runs on Shot Six and lower elevator where outstanding with face shots till 2:45. It was nice to finally meet and talk to some fellow PNW maggots. I need to get out and ski with you guys. The snow was standing up well even where it was tracked out which is very unusual for here. It felt more like a big day in Cottonwood canyon than Alpental. There was some white room if you knew where to look. One happy skier here.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

My brother at Steven's Pass yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaNN0R7bGnU

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Tis unfortunate. Damn good day and I'm certainly thankful that over half the people had cleared out by 1. As deep as the snow was on the first couple runs, I can't stand those lines (I go touring on weekends usually). Even more enjoyable getting face shots on shot six after practically walking right on chair 2 at 3:00.

Fingers crossed for elevator opening on thursday.
    It took longer for folks to clear out than I was hoping, but it happened, and it was nice.

Baker was very amazing today. I mean *cough* terrible... Hoping for the rest of the week to be the same.
    STOKED!

Crystal: Balls to nipple deep, face shots all day, un-skied lines in the upper part of Campbell basin in the afternoon, no lines all day. So glad I blew off work today...
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

doughboyshredder Guest
    balls to nipple deep and no lines.

fucking sick

Tee hee hee. I can't get enough

Quote Originally Posted by bakerpow View Post
    Baker is going to be epic! Hope to see you up there. Yellow jacket black pants give me a holler if you see me.
    I asked a few maggotty looking guys for Change for a Nickel but most had no clue what I was talking about or were too powder hungry to chat with some guy at the bottom of the lift when they could be getting more freshies. No biggie I had a good time and found sweet terrain nonetheless.

Holy shit Monday was stupid deep, just as fun as Kirkwood on a midweek pow-day with less fall line but way more steep tree-shots. Lapping 6 and 5 on Monday was just silly silly deep and giddy. Finished the day with some 8 laps and was still getting low-angle face shots at the end of the day, wow! Sunday was also stupid fun with free refills all day long ... getting 2nd or 3rd tracks down the little mini face under 7 was fun. There are definitely a lot of fun lines at Baker that are right under or near the chair for extra audience inspiration ... also a great way to entertain a crowd when you explode the landings, such as I did on Monday with the 2nd hit of the day off that icicle covered cliff just under 6 to lookers right side on the tree-face below the groomer traverse (sorry I don't know the names of any runs there!).

I also can't believe the shitshow out the ropes ... now I know what Gunder has been bitching about on the board for so many years. Sunday was an Extreme rated day on NWAC and fools are going out the gates traversing underneath frequent slide paths to get to low-angle treelined shots, meanwhile other fools are skiing turns above other people on open convexities and sending down slough ... man I bet only 1 of 15 people out there had any appreciation for avalanche conditions despite the ridiculous amount of signage. Everyone appeared to be beeping with shovels but very few seemed to be using their brains.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skipunk View Post
    I saw Cody Townsend at the bottom of 7 after lunch, and I just couldn't resist. I had to do it.
    I couldn't bring myself to pro callout Tex Davenport over a beer at lunch ... that guy is way too nice and doesn't keep up with the Tahoe silliness. Stoked to meet that guy - he was really nice and after my brown-nosing praise about what an inspiration he was I told him about a movie about Craig Kelly that he had never heard about (surprising!). I hope that made his day. If anyone sees him at the lodge, I messed up the name so please pass this info along ... the film is called "Where the Wind Blows" by Ari Marcopoulos and he can probably get a copy if he looks up Tom Burt ... he can even PM him on splitboard.com (see below). (by the way Tex doesn't even have a splitboard yet and he said he wants to win one at the Mt. Baker splitfest, heh!)
    http://www.splitboard.com/talk/viewt...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Okay also I didn't want to bust out my camera for flat light and stupid deep pow over the weekend so I only have this photo to show of the nukage at White Salmon on Monday morning:

This was a nice contrast to the bluebird (leftover) pow at Stevens Pass on Friday:

Cheers PNW, I'll be back next La Nina, and maybe I'll try to set up some time beforehand to shred some nice lines with maggots ... maybe I'll even bring my touring gear!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Just saw this in the TNT..

Search underway at Crystal Mountain for missing skier

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime...#ixzz1FSuIMDuJ

Hoping this turns out alright.
    Support your local lurker!

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I asked a few maggotty looking guys for Change for a Nickel but most had no clue what I was talking about...
    Schralph, I was looking for you on Sunday, but didn't see anyone matching your description (although, I may have had powder blinders on too!). I would've PMed you, but it was a last minute decision to go up (usually work weekends).

I also can't believe the shitshow out the ropes ... now I know what Gunder has been bitching about on the board for so many years.
    Yeah, it's getting ridiculous - especially because they will walk right past easy pow to get there.

I was riding chair 6 with some strangers who were talking about hitting the elbow (OB lookers right of chair 5) even though sticky wicket and chicken ridge still had tons of untracked pow - hell even pan face still wasn't that tracked up (all inbounds). At the time it was snowing and windy. Two of the three said "it'll be fine", while the third one said he wouldn't go. I asked if they had seen the avy rose for the day (red and black, all aspects) and they indicated that they hadn't, but assumed it was bad. I said - in a friendly non-confrontational way - that I thought it might not be the best day for it, considering the stability, lack of visibility, and ease of riding untracked pow inbounds.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Yeah, it's getting ridiculous - especially because they will walk right past easy pow to get there.
    It happens way too often that the elbow gets considerably more tracked than even gabls, which is a hilarious site to see whilst riding up 5 to see fresher tracks inbounds, than out.

^^^^ exactly what I'm talking about.

Looks like the article was updated with the name Paul Melby.

Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more snow immersion deaths on days like yesterday. All it takes is some wobbly legs and a fall in the wrong direction.

February was awesome. Here is some footage from the last month.

there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Xcdman Guest
    Woot! this just in : Lookout Pass on the Ida/Montana border is #1 worldwide in snowfall this last week @ 6 and-a-half feet of powder!!

Quote Originally Posted by Powaholic View Post
    February was awesome. Here is some footage from the last month.

nice video man. We should ride this weekend. You need more radgnar and less powslash, although it does capture the last few weeks well

The storm was raging today at Baker.
    I have noticed a huge rise in yahoos at Baker who think it's safe to ride elf shoots in the middle of some of the worst avy conditions all year. There are also a ton of people just ducking the rope line who don't have knowledge, gear, and have absolutely no idea where they are going. Must be something in the water....

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    nice video man. We should ride this weekend. You need more radgnar and less powslash, although it does capture the last few weeks well
    Yeahh agreed I need more actual riding but most of my footage is useless due to massive amounts of powder blocking the lens haha.
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Powaholic View Post
    Yeahh agreed I need more actual riding but most of my footage is useless due to massive amounts of powder blocking the lens haha.
    I came across that problem as well over the past couple days...

Quote Originally Posted by bakerpow View Post
    The storm was raging today at Baker.
    I have noticed a huge rise in yahoos at Baker who think it's safe to ride elf shoots in the middle of some of the worst avy conditions all year. There are also a ton of people just ducking the rope line who don't have knowledge, gear, and have absolutely no idea where they are going. Must be something in the water....
    You're not a true baker local until you've shredded the elf chutes in sketch conditions. It's a rite of passage. Back in the good ol' days when the canyon would be open always, Duncan would go chasing after you on his sled for sending sluff down on the tourons. Every sponsored skier that has ever come out of Baker has gotten an ass chewing for this (except for maybe Hop, because he is too sexy for anyone to be mad at)
    smoke crack and worship satan

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate View Post
    You're not a true baker local until you've shredded the elf chutes in sketch conditions. It's a rite of passage. Back in the good ol' days when the canyon would be open always, Duncan would go chasing after you on his sled for sending sluff down on the tourons. Every sponsored skier that has ever come out of Baker has gotten an ass chewing for this (except for maybe Hop, because he is too sexy for anyone to be mad at)
    I guess i just don't have the balls do that. There was no need for me, plenty of pow else where.

....There are definitely a lot of fun lines at Baker that are right under or near the chair for extra audience inspiration ... also a great way to entertain a crowd when you explode the landings, such as I did on Monday with the 2nd hit of the day off that icicle covered cliff just under 6 to lookers right side on the tree-face below the groomer traverse (sorry I don't know the names of any runs there!)....
    Monday was good! and ^^this part^^ sounds familiar, wouldn't be you would it?
    ‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^›