Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2035
    As an associate of key-z, I can attest to the ridiculous wonderfulness that today had to offer. Not the best conditions I've seen all year, but I was at my own peak performance. Here's to the snow comin' back!

31" in 24 hours at Bach. OBX and NWX shut down all day. Didn't get out but will in the a.m.

pretty damn deep for this pancake, i'll do my best :-)

^^^

31 inches!!

For fucks sake I was happy with the 5 at Stevens today. At least that La Nina chick got back on the ball...Ullr must have laid down the law.
    Custom hand made Monoskis in Washington. www.whiteknucklemonoskis.com
    All things related to Monoskiing www.monoski.net

Hey.

So I'm thinking of going to school in Bellingham next year.
    What's Baker like?

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-to-Win View Post
    anyone hitting xtal tomorrow? Looking for a partner to poke around the nooks and crannies. Did they even get SB open today?
    Today was the tits at crystal, but no southback. Saw some patrollers head out there around 3, presumably to get a head start on control for tomorrow. It'll be a great day out there if the gate drops! And yes, plenty of nooks and crannies to still play around in. Face shots were received in every run from 9:30 to 3:30

Quote Originally Posted by telesucks View Post
    Hey.

So I'm thinking of going to school in Bellingham next year.
    What's Baker like?
    baker is meh. as evidenced above, its unbearably crowded and the backcountry gets tracked out quickly. it's also super flat. pretty small, too. oh, and the snow is really heavy here and there are a shit-ton of passionate tele skiers. as you know, tele sucks. go to bozeman. please.

okay, i can't do it. baker is pretty sweet.

doughboyshredder Guest
    ^^^if you like short hills with wet snow.

Internet sarcasm doesn't really work for me. I'm confused.
    I'm coming from CO, I guess you could call me one of those "passionate tele skiers"
    I've heard bellingham has some pretty awesome BC near by and The cascades look like an amazing place. is that so? does it really rain as much as it seems like it does? thanks

you get use to the rain.. You just have to keep your gortex quiver well stocked and in good repair and remind yourself that the rain makes it beautiful...

and people are good here in the PNW...

oh, yeah, I'm fine with rain in the summer/spring/fall.
    I love the PNW because its so beautiful and has a sweet feel.
    but rain in the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
    ^^^

31 inches!!
    I got out in it this afternoon. Only a few lifts were running but I found plenty of untracked. Later this week is going to be stupid-good with several more inches coming and they open the west face of the mountain.

it happens... but we have some pretty accessible glaciers that can be skied all year long....

lots of rain=lots of precipitation=lots of snow, or lots of rain.. it depends on the year.. of course you could always go to Bozeman

Baker sucks they dont even have safety bars on their lifts

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    it happens... but we have some pretty accessible glaciers that can be skied all year long....

lots of rain=lots of precipitation=lots of snow, or lots of rain.. it depends on the year.. of course you could always go to Bozeman
    haha, well bozeman is the other option.
    I think I like the PNW better in general though.
    better biking too.

but rain in the winter?
    I know people from colorado in school here who hate it and some who have left. They can not stand the clouds, rain, and raining at the resort.

but rain in the winter?
    If you don't like rain in the winter, this is NOT the place to be.

PS - all the tele skiers here only drop their heels to get in photo shoots.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    I missed out on today as I was packing for Europe. Peace out PNW, I'm making the sacrifice for y'all.
    It was good to see you on the hill Sunday, have a great trip!
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

A little be-lated but here's a short edit from Baker on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    I know people from colorado in school here who hate it and some who have left. They can not stand the clouds, rain, and raining at the resort.
    Was on a chair with some guy a few weeks ago at Alpy who informed me that in the 6 years he has now lived in Seattle he had only skied around here about 7 times total because he was so "spoiled" by Colorado skiing. Said he flew back to ski CO more every year than the PNW.

His reasoning? "Its too cloudy here, and even when it isn't the resorts are too small, the grooming is bad and the expert runs are so closed in and steep that you can't even ski them."

I told him he would probably like Mt. Baker.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

Quote Originally Posted by key-z View Post
    yeah, i was talking with a skinner (skier wearing a lot of red iirc) up on top who was pissed the skin track was being packed out. i re-posted the boot pack along side it. i'm sure it didn't stop you from having a blast anyways. fortunately for us, all the people out for the lbs have packed up, gone home, and left us to our own devices on dope days such as today. 7th chair up 5 when it opened. has epic runs before heading to the arm for two memorable lines down the football fields. light, fluffy snow = sicknass. everything's filled in and it's been fun charging bigger and bigger lines. wish i had a camera of some sort.
    I know that skier you were talking to. He's a total douchenozzle.

In other news, I predict all-time conditions in the PNW until March 4. Enjoy.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by nieveparasiempre View Post
    A little be-lated but here's a short edit from Baker on Sunday.

You crossed my tracks at 1:30!
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Baker was most excellent. Put in my first run ever yesterday down the notch in the ridge between chair 1 chute dolphys. HOLY SHIT do you go fast. Such a fun day yesterday. The guys I was with went huge off the big cliff in gabls, and hairy pillows, and at the end of that ridge next to chair 1.

Anyone know who the foreign guys were on next years hellbents? They seemed to be following us around all day.

Alpental was awesome last night, snowed pretty heavily most of the night which made for some great shredding, went for a few hikes to skiers right of chair 1 and got some nice boot top powder turns, all in all a great night. I haven't won a race in 2 weeks, but when the skiing was as good as it was last night I'm not too bummed about it.

Skied Hyak/Summit East today for the first time in about 5 years, it was rad.

It was pretty empty, no lift line at all, kinda thin on the lower 1/3rd or so.

The view from the chair doesn't suck.

Started out clear and sunny, got overcast, started snowing lightly by about 1 or so, snow got heavier over the next couple hours and by the time I left at 3:30 it was snowing hard. Snowed hard all the way down I-90 until about exit 38 when it turned to slushy rain. Stopped raining right before I got home in North Bend and was treated to a nice view of Mt. Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Koons View Post
    Amirite? Am I fuckin rite? Somebody testify. Gun held sideways. You want to meet up to ski? Eat a dick, worthless scum jong.