Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2104
    Had a couple buddies talk about going up today. Not sure if they did or not, i hope i can get up in the next couple days.

Baker should be on the top snowfall list...

Had a couple buddies talk about going up today. Not sure if they did or not, i hope i can get up in the next couple days.

Baker should be on the top snowfall list...

Here's my last episode of Crystal Mountain Moments.
    After tearing my rotator cuff, my season almost ended, but I did manage to scrape some decent footage. Includes my Crystal Mountain Freeride Junior Championship lines.

Not the craziest footage, but here it is.
    Check it!

For some more info about the skiing, read here http://williamrichmondski.blogspot.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Got three lines from Blueberry to left of the horn towards Table today. Bliss. Sun. Pow. Beer.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Had a good day at crystal. Place was empty, sun was shining, good snow.

North faces were good, variable powder on top of firmer snow. South faces were soft snow on refrozen corn, still fun to ski.
    Last edited by XavierD; 04-13-2011 at 12:47 PM.

^^^^^ Indeed! I had to take advantage of the last week for the Shell two for one. All the south aspect was pretty rotten and there's a pretty good crust everywhere but just enough fresh to make it ok. Lines off Silver King we're real nice!

The crown from the Bear Pits avy is crazy huge!

so just an FYI to everyone, the mtbaker highway is closed after MM35 today and tomorrow.... guess who found that one out first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by samthaman View Post
    so just an FYI to everyone, the mtbaker highway is closed after MM35 today and tomorrow.... guess who found that one out first hand.
    Thanks for the heads up. However, according to this article it is only closed between 7:30 am and 4 pm:
    http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011...ous-trees.html

I could not find any info about this on the WSDOT website. Odd.

13" of new at 24 degrees today. Tomorrow may just be a good day for a little road trip.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    13" of new at 24 degrees today. Tomorrow may just be a good day for a little road trip.
    And the Ski Report is wrong. It's dated today at 2:50pm, lists only 6" of new but it is really yesterday's report. I hope it keeps some peeps at home. Not to sound too greedy or anything but I'm looking forward to skiing over 2 feet of untracked pow tomorrow

Ahahahaha! My bonz were right! Mid April pow of surprising depth and quality!
    No end in sight!

Skin laps at Alpy last night. 12" - 18" of fresh sticky (at times tricky) pow. More on the way. Nutty April

Smile

Yea man, Alpy skin laps were amazing last night. Pockets of 2 feet and face shots were had in Lower Nash. Watch for the rolling sluffs though, they were getting pretty big.

B)

Nothing tricky about Dawn patrol laps across the street this morning. 16" down low and 24"+ up a few thousand ft.

Well, a little tricky (too deep) for Nash dog.

2 laps 3.5k before 9am. Wish I could have joined the group of 3 coming up to ski the Slot on the second lap. Stupid 11am Friday work mtgs.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Great stuff. Gonna be some touring this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Well, a little tricky (too deep) for Nash dog.
    Nash Dawg.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

^^^^ new meaning to lapping up the pow

Baker was radonculously nice today. It was worth the haul.

Baker was amazing today. Sunshine 10 inches or so of pow, and few people.

I threw the world's smallest backflip on the Arm today, and there's a 11/12 obSETHed w/ Duke attached still out there if you know where to look.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

How's the snow at Crystal? The usual "okay on Northern aspects, corny on Southern" or something one HAS to go ski? It usually doesn't take much (read: nothing) to get me on skis, but just a couple weeks out of hand surgery, still splinted with pins through bone and joints that may break and require a second surgery.... I want to make sure it's phenomenal snow.

Dangit bfree, told ya we needed to go skiing today!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Crash View Post
    How's the snow at Crystal? The usual "okay on Northern aspects, corny on Southern" or something one HAS to go ski? It usually doesn't take much (read: nothing) to get me on skis, but just a couple weeks out of hand surgery, still splinted with pins through bone and joints that may break and require a second surgery.... I want to make sure it's phenomenal snow.
    I was up yesterday. Early morning was the best with 9+" mid weight fresh snow. Nobody there and untracked everywhere. Nice and deep in places (unskied stuff from Thursdays snow). By late morning it had warmed up and it got heavy and sticky (high C). Started snowing wet snow around 11 and we left at 1:00.

T-minus 24 hours until LBD at Alpental. Get the long skis ready.

Yes-Yesterday morning at Crystal was juicy in the early AM. They opened Northway in the afternoon after a bunch of issues & delays, and alot of angry skiers were circling. It got hit fairly quick but left a pretty decent amount for today, because the sweat factor was getting high. Upper mountain was a spring delight. Here's a few clips, a few seconds of Kelly's Gap avy debris at about 2:00-

April pow. It's all pov but its not all pov.