Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2035
    Baker today was some of the best skiing i have had. Deep dry and free refills. Going up tomorrow. Thank Ullr!

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Good to hear you found another toepiece, man! I'll be up there tuesday with the usual guys. I don't know if we can ski together now that you're better than a pro...

Word is the one of the next salomon freeski episodes will be from that one place where the trees are tight and the pillows are stacked, fluffed and ready to go face down in.
    I saw the Salomon Freeski tv out filming on the arm a couple weeks ago. As i was hiking out Cody i think tried to huck a double flat of the a booter and pre ejected and ate it. Stoked to see all that filming come together.

Anyone skiing Alpy tomorrow morning? Could use a backcountry partner after my crew backed out. Will be there early in case they get the lifts moving early.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Anyone skiing Alpy tomorrow morning? Could use a backcountry partner after my crew backed out. Will be there early in case they get the lifts moving early.
    Who the hell would bail on a day like tomorrow? I'll be up taking some runs with my pops, but might split up for a bit (he's not a big fan of shotsix/breakover or elevator *gasp*). If elevator opens, I'm the younger guy on sexy banana 112s, ask for change.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Who the hell would bail on a day like tomorrow?
    Idiots who didn't listen to me when I told them to block out their calendar for Tuesday. Now they are stuck in meetings while I have the day off.

I'll be in a brown Sessions jacket on Blizzard Argos.

Avalanche on I-90 today

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    ...Control work is releasing some decent slides, at least one of which crossed the road.
    The slide that came down today was NOT planned control work. Anytime snow crosses a road in use and cars run into it (and into each other trying to stop), then DOT avy crew fucked up.
    Didn't that very same slide path rip out a last winter and partially buried a car?!? Why can't they figure this out?? I know there's no cable tram and that slope has to be mitigated by someone skinning up and placing hand charges. How many times does it have to rip there before they take it serious?

Found this photo from Winter '08:

Yeah they have their work cut out with this storm cycle, and I should cut them some slack.

I'm looking for riding partners too... I'll be the one driving on I-90 with my beacon and avalung on!!!

Thanks DOT crews!
    Last edited by Plinko; 03-01-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinko View Post

Yeah they have their work cut out with this storm cycle, and I should cut them some slack.
    This right here....

Common man, you know enough about this shit to know it isn't science.
    You also know enough about all the other slide routes they manage that go before this one to know that these guys were most likely tapped getting them to run and get cleared as well.

Keep your heads up and looking left when going up Alpental road this morning.

Goddamn stevens fucking sucked yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinko View Post
    The slide that came down today was NOT planned control work. Anytime snow crosses a road in use and cars run into it (and into each other trying to stop), then DOT avy crew fucked up.
    Didn't that very same slide path rip out a last winter and partially buried a car?!? Why can't they figure this out?? I know there's no cable tram and that slope has to be mitigated by someone skinning up and placing hand charges. How many times does it have to rip there before they take it serious?
    Thanks captain hindsight. Probably bitch when the pass is closed too. I'm sure they give a shit what you think. Maybe you should send them an email on how to do their jobs. Some of the best in the biz are apparently clueless and need to be enlightened.

Alpy was a circus today. Probably 1000 folks waiting for chair 1 when it finally loaded at 9:45. Chair 2 was still not spinning when I left at 10:45.

Knee deep and pretty light by PWN standards. Top should be good if you don't mind waiting in chair 2 line for an hour+.
    Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools by Ullr Labs: http://www.ullrlabs.com/solutions.html

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Yeah, it's been cold over here, I frostbit my cheeks on Thursday and Friday. God damn the skiing has been good the last seven days. today was another epic, I really don't like that word but that's the only way to describe it. Here's a little vid my buddy Mike shot from Wednesday. http://www.youtube.com/user/oldmanTe.../0/LEXMCD7SAjk
    Looks like Thursday is shaping up. When are you going to start carrying a camera?

Quote Originally Posted by scottcha View Post
    Alpy was a circus today. Probably 1000 folks waiting for chair 1 when it finally loaded at 9:45. Chair 2 was still not spinning when I left at 10:45.

Knee deep and pretty light by PWN standards. Top should be good if you don't mind waiting in chair 2 line for an hour+.
    I was in line at 8:30 but it was worth the wait. Snow was amazing. Chair 2 started going right around 10:45 and the snow was almost as unreal as the line. Only did one run on Chair 2, but they opened Snakedance right before I left. Great snow and should be good most of the day as the suckers who have to work like me were all leaving.
    Last edited by phatty; 03-01-2011 at 06:31 PM.

yesterday sick at crystal...really good vibe, felt like a true local's day and tons of refills. on way up blvd, slide took out a tanker around 7:30 am. We were 4 or 5 cars back from it, reminded me a lot of that video someone posted up here recently.

northway & beyond should be amazing today if they finally get it all opened up, but plenty of stuff left off of 6 at the end of yesterday.

dug my car out last night @ cabin around 7pm, then had to dig it back out this a.m. in order to go back into the city for work.

Today wasn't too shabby, 18-20" in undisturbed areas, just me and the dog.

One of the most fun days i have ever had at Baker today.

The lines at Alpy were a bitch, but so worth it. I'm sitting in my office wondering why I quit at 1:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemahn View Post
    The lines at Alpy were a bitch, but so worth it. I'm sitting in my office wondering why I quit at 1:00.
    Tis unfortunate. Damn good day and I'm certainly thankful that over half the people had cleared out by 1. As deep as the snow was on the first couple runs, I can't stand those lines (I go touring on weekends usually). Even more enjoyable getting face shots on shot six after practically walking right on chair 2 at 3:00.

Fingers crossed for elevator opening on thursday.

I was at the chair at 7:20 and though the first run was pretty awesome, the later runs on Shot Six and lower elevator where outstanding with face shots till 2:45. It was nice to finally meet and talk to some fellow PNW maggots. I need to get out and ski with you guys. The snow was standing up well even where it was tracked out which is very unusual for here. It felt more like a big day in Cottonwood canyon than Alpental. There was some white room if you knew where to look. One happy skier here.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

My brother at Steven's Pass yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaNN0R7bGnU

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Tis unfortunate. Damn good day and I'm certainly thankful that over half the people had cleared out by 1. As deep as the snow was on the first couple runs, I can't stand those lines (I go touring on weekends usually). Even more enjoyable getting face shots on shot six after practically walking right on chair 2 at 3:00.

Fingers crossed for elevator opening on thursday.
    It took longer for folks to clear out than I was hoping, but it happened, and it was nice.

Baker was very amazing today. I mean *cough* terrible... Hoping for the rest of the week to be the same.
    STOKED!

Crystal: Balls to nipple deep, face shots all day, un-skied lines in the upper part of Campbell basin in the afternoon, no lines all day. So glad I blew off work today...
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

doughboyshredder Guest
    balls to nipple deep and no lines.

fucking sick

Tee hee hee. I can't get enough