Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LandShark View Post
    Dry sunny and cold tomorrow for sure, flurries tonight. Spokane rocked, eh? Nice to hear. Haven't been there, I'm told 49 degrees has better tree runs? Love Schweitzer, it treated me so well last year - but constantly whited out and windy. They can get some wicked quality snow though.
    surprisingly the snow was in better shape at spokane today than it had been at schweitzer. my brothers and old man went to schweitzer today and said it was amazing as well.

schweitzer's definitely done it for me growing into more advanced skiing, there definitely aren't steeps/drops that compare anywhere else around here. day to day its the best option, but pow day, i'd rather be at spokane. if you know the right areas to drop in on the trees off of 4, there isnt better tree skiing around, and combine that with maybe 20 people skiing the chair at any given time = money. try it out some time when they get a dump

Wild side Wednesday delivered! (even though they have been open all week)

alpental stoke from monday:
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/18290406"]http://vimeo.com/18290406[/ame]

Thanks for the tip Shroomz, I'll definitely go there within the next month. Got some 2 for 1's to use there and 49 degrees also whoop whoop!

Edit-
    Mission's looking good... but i'm bringing my rock board pho sho. This is a really cool Mission video with Glen Plake I just came across:
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuqxRDbiunM&feature=related"]YouTube - Glen Plake at Mission Ridge Ski Resort in Wenatchee, WA[/nomedia]
    Last edited by LandShark; 12-30-2010 at 08:13 AM. Reason: linx

I guess I'll add a quick POV vid of White Pass from Tuesday. My first one so not really that great. On my other clips the lens was iced over so all I had after realizing that and wiping it clean was these two short runs with not much vertical before the battery went dead in the Contour, but it shows the snow. It's stoke nonetheless.

doughboyshredder Guest
    is that new terrain as flat as it looks? Looks like it would be a green run if not for the trees?

Just a few scenics fm Xtal. Cold and blue skies with light shin to knee deep. Managed to score several very nice runs on Green Valley, as well as HC and South Back. Happy New Year!

[IMG]

[IMG]

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    is that new terrain as flat as it looks? Looks like it would be a green run if not for the trees?
    Yeah, it's a couple hundred feet of decent angle vertical, and then flat as eff. The best thing about the new terrain is that it spreads out the crowds so well to keep lift lines to a minimum. I still like the old steep terrain better, but like I said, my lens was iced over for those clips.

Here is a pic looking up at what I skied down. That's me in the orange jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Just a few scenics fm Xtal. Cold and blue skies with light shin to knee deep. Managed to score several very nice runs on Green Valley, as well as HC and South Back. Happy New Year!

...snip crystal pics...
    Wow, that looks much better than expected. Is there anything left for tomorrow? 90% sure that's the direction I'm headed.

Anyone up for some Southback turns tomorrow? I'll be there early, in line when the chair starts loading (I never seem to get early enough for first chair, but usually in the first ten).

Bright blue pants, black Marmot jacket, brown beanie with blue stripe, new D-Senders with "Change for a nickel" sticker. Bent and thrashed poles. Don't be shy, say "hi" if you see me.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckels View Post
    alpental stoke from monday:

that POV was Alpental rad- nice lines in Breakover and Shot6. I was standing next to you in the lift line.

A lot more crowded today with colder temps and true bluebird skies, but once again spot on openings by the patrol. Elevator open first thing allowed me to get first tracks down the Fan despite being back ~30 chairs from the front. Much closer to the drop on the 10 am HighT- sweet blower pow skied better on the lower angle than the steeps where the frozen layer could still be felt.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

there were some faceshots had at stevens today
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Conditions at Crystal were horrible

[ame="http://vimeo.com/18315318"]http://vimeo.com/18315318[/ame]
    Shameless spam: Trip reports and Gear reviews and if you want to support what I do follow me on Instagram @KyleMiller411

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    Wow, that looks much better than expected. Is there anything left for tomorrow? 90% sure that's the direction I'm headed.

Anyone up for some Southback turns tomorrow?
    It was much better than I expected. That's the deepest reported 5" new I've ever skied. It's really cold up there, so it should keep the snow nice and light for the crowds tomorrow.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I just saw on the news that Crystal was turning people away today as the parking lots were all full. Good lord, there's going to be some stash searching going on tomorrow.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    I just saw on the news that Crystal was turning people away today as the parking lots were all full. Good lord, there's going to be some stash searching going on tomorrow.
    Wow and I was kicking myself for not heading down there. Guess it turned out all right.
    Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools by Ullr Labs: http://www.ullrlabs.com/solutions.html

a tease from Stevens Pass

it was a lot of fun out there!

Hit up a night session at Snoqualmie. Definitely a bit of crust but there was still that dry snow from this storm in patches. Had some sweet turns. I took it easy because I may have a torn rotator cuff (fuck!).

It was cold up there! When I left the parking lot, the temp gauge said it was around 7 degrees.

Gonna finish off '10 with some turns tomorrow. Have fun out there!

Holy shit.... how cold will it get, and do I have enough warm clothes??? (From Crystal telemetry)

MM/DD Hour Temp Temp
    --------------6870' 4480'
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12 30 100 7 16
    12 30 200 6 15
    12 30 300 6 16
    12 30 400 6 15
    12 30 500 5 14
    12 30 600 5 14
    12 30 700 5 14
    12 30 800 4 13
    12 30 900 3 12
    12 30 1000 3 11
    12 30 1100 3 12
    12 30 1200 4 11
    12 30 1300 5 13
    12 30 1400 4 13
    12 30 1500 4 12
    12 30 1600 5 9
    12 30 1700 3 7
    12 30 1800 3 6
    12 30 1900 3 6
    12 30 2000 3 5
    12 30 2100 3 6
    12 30 2200 2 6
    12 30 2300 1 5
    12 31 0 1 6

Here's a crystal POV from earlier this month. Poor quality as I had to reduce size to upload to my vimeo account, so move along if your looking for something real nice. I have only skied that mountain twice and need more. Really didn't have a good idea of where I was going.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/18319249"]Crystal December 2010_weekend visit on Vimeo[/ame]

edit: oh yeah, the forecast told me rain both times I've skied there...
    Last edited by klauss; 12-31-2010 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    a tease from Stevens Pass

it was a lot of fun out there!
    Where was this photo taken?

^
    Would like to know as well...

Looks like lower Meadows towards Barrier/Skyline
    Custom hand made Monoskis in Washington. www.whiteknucklemonoskis.com
    All things related to Monoskiing www.monoski.net

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB1fnlJLyuA&hd=1"]YouTube - WA BC, Bluebird, Blower......[/nomedia]

great way to end off 2010, wasnt sure if there was a rain crust up at stevens, decided to go up and check it out anyways...got rewarded with this

Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    Where was this photo taken?
    I don't really know. I've only skied their twice. I was just taking photos with ON3P

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    I don't really know. I've only skied their twice. I was just taking photos with ON3P
    In bounds or out of bounds?

outside I think. it required a lot bootpacking