Page 188 of 252 FirstFirst ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 6280
    Slash is skiable but the entrance may be a bit burned out from yesterday.

saw some people with squaw tickets on this threas, anyone got1 for today?
    live the life.

Quote Originally Posted by some idiot View Post
    part of the reason i'm easy to please is that i'd be perfectly happy doing 25 laps down chute 75 on a day like yesterday...
    i was just dreaming about mammoth this summer and found myself in my skilogs journal...

couldn't help posting the link to that page after all my blathering yesterday.

i think i may have literally skied 25 laps that started within 150 of each other!

Mammoth - October 17th 2009

edit:

i also just noticed i used to track days with no freeze on skilogs...

i've got 14 in there averaging about 68 on a scale of 100.

part of the reason i'm posting this is help explain just how demented i am, so you can continue to disregard my posts about how great the conditions are. tho i'm pretty sure that's definitely common knowledge.
    Last edited by jahroy; 04-03-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    Still waiting...

it's weird, for some reason i did my rating scale out of 10, in increments of .5. i like your way better, but your scoring doesn't seem to correlate with your comments.

and tell us more about the events of 4/26/2009 at squaw valley usa.

^^^ I think it involves some Altoids and a legendary forest gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    ^^^ I think it involves some Altoids and a legendary forest gnome.
    hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    ... i like your way better, but your scoring doesn't seem to correlate with your comments.

and tell us more about the events of 4/26/2009 at squaw valley usa.
    yeah, my scores probably aren't too consistent. they're basically just a rating of how stoked/satisfied i felt at the end of the day. although sometimes i enter days weeks after the fact, so who knows at that point... some of the comment truncation might be misleading as well. i think on one of those i had a great day, but was disappointed not to see more lifts running.

april 26th was the last day of kt in 2009 and i was pissed at myself for leaving early and not poking around... i almost never leave before 4:00. i remember being pretty frustrated with the way we never got a good month-long corn cycle that year and was bummed about the last day of kt being bunk snow after a storm. i still should've stayed anyways.

here are the notes:

I'm very disappointed in myself for my behavior at Squaw today. The last day of KT for the season and I just left early, never really getting that stoked.

The conditions certainly weren't great (esp compared to last year last day KT) but I should've stuck around. It would've worked out. There was fresh snow from friday night's ~8". I didn't ski saturday because I had agreed to work. By this morning the new snow had become mush. It was piled up and poopy most places I checked.... but I didn't check many places.

I did a North Bowl, a Headwall Face, a miserable West Face and a couple other runs and just left. I wasn't feeling much stoke, didn't feel well physically, and was ready to just lay around and watch the Celtics. A lot of my attitude also had to do with frustration over the way this April has gone.... very stubborn in terms of corn consistency.
    Still waiting...

Ottime I can be north or south shore on tueday. Monday will tell me more. Though I cant afford a gallon of gas...

ski south of south or south east i think its gonna be $$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

tomorrow looks like a pretty perfect corncast regardless of where you go. tuesday might be the day to go eastside if the showers aren't there yet.

^^^
    dont temp me with these high gas prices! Carpool down? I got green.

currently cant get a screw out of the dynafit st plate-anyone have a remedy?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

^^^^ I could meet in G-ville for a Tuesday trip. Will be rocking the 2WD this weekend, so access will need to be low clearance, but...

The Harvest

Wandered around Red Lake Peak today........saw a large cornice failures that occured during the warming over the past few days on an East Facing slope that's East of Red Lake Peak.

Anyways........dropped at 11:45 to a car shuttle in the valley................it was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star View Post
    Point is there is some great stuff depending on what, where and when you ski. Hopefully a Sunday night freeze+sun this week will work that magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhklauer View Post
    Wandered around Red Lake Peak today... dropped at 11:45 to a car shuttle in the valley................it was incredible.
    Yes, and yes.

Great freeze last night (after horrible mank inbounds and at the boundary lines at Kirkwood on Saturday). Carson Pass delivered the goods today (UCL and non-mag MapleLeaf Gillies will testify) with an all-day-long corn window thanks to cool air and breeze and clear skies. Pretty pictures were documented and life was good ...

Except for one problem.

To the shitstain who stole our 3 Lagunitas IPAs out of the snowbank next to my car: Your karma is totally fucked. I mean, I parked in a location that only BC skiers would walking past to get to the skintrack and it's nowhere near the bathroom so you were totally out there touring, or at worst walking your dog when you saw the bottlecaps in the snow. But you freaking poached from a BC crew ... shame shame. Were you excommunicated from the tribe or something? Your ravenous desire for cold frosties was obvious - you ripped the shit out of my perfectly formed insulating walls to retrieve the beer instead of using a deft articulate motion to leave a clean cylindrical imprint. I hope only the best for you and that this little mistake in judgement doesn't result in a hidden treebranch totally destroying your Armada JJs on opening day next season or something horrible like that. Good luck, asshole.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    To the shitstain who stole our 3 Lagunitas IPAs out of the snowbank next to my car: Your karma is totally fucked. I mean, I parked in a location that only BC skiers would walking past to get to the skintrack and it's nowhere near the bathroom so you were totally out there touring, or at worst walking your dog when you saw the bottlecaps in the snow. But you freaking poached from a BC crew ... shame shame. Were you excommunicated from the tribe or something? Your ravenous desire for cold frosties was obvious - you ripped the shit out of my perfectly formed insulating walls to retrieve the beer instead of using a deft articulate motion to leave a clean cylindrical imprint. I hope only the best for you and that this little mistake in judgement doesn't result in a hidden treebranch totally destroying your Armada JJs on opening day next season or something horrible like that. Good luck, asshole.
    that was totally gonna be me, but i hit the tree branch preemptively three weeks ago, destroying my arm (i know someone named JJ). didn't think it was broke or anything at the time, but started to wonder the way it felt about a week later. as a testament to the solstice hybrid shell, the flesh wound was through the jacket and two shirts, but no damage whatsoever to the jacket. i think it would have been much worse had the jacket torn. this was 5 days after.

the crazy thing is, i'm not a hops guy. i don't even like ipa's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b-arm 007.jpg 
Views:	661 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	95707  

Some shots of Mild.Bill and I getting ExTremO past V-tree on Saturday...

Every turn was 3 feet deep along with slush slough along with 3 pounds of snow sticking to tips and tails....we also did a day trip. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by jahroy View Post
    i was just dreaming about mammoth this summer and found myself in my skilogs journal...

couldn't help posting the link to that page after all my blathering yesterday.

i think i may have literally skied 25 laps that started within 150 of each other!

Mammoth - October 17th 2009

edit:

i also just noticed i used to track days with no freeze on skilogs...

i've got 14 in there averaging about 68 on a scale of 100.

part of the reason i'm posting this is help explain just how demented i am, so you can continue to disregard my posts about how great the conditions are. tho i'm pretty sure that's definitely common knowledge.
    I last skied on Friday and it most def did not freeze, but I agree with Jahroy it didn't need to freeze to be rad. Yes, Chute 75 was all time, also, CII, Headwall Face and Light towers were pretty good. Yes anything that was getting any sun was way too soft and sticky. Not freezing means you need to get there at 9 and leave by 1, when it freezes you don't need to be there until 10:30 and it's good until 4. Freezing makes for more options and more consistency. Agreed, on Friday without freezing I could have done 75 all day long! They should salt down Mt. Run on those days..
    The commander of time

awesome! can't believe how filled in that is, if it's what i'm thinking (dropping left off the top, instead of right into v-tree?)

that was totally gonna be me, but i hit the tree branch preemptively three weeks ago, destroying my arm
    So did you break it??

^^if i did, it wasn't bad. took a week before i could lift anything more than a ski pole. it was never how much it hurt, but the way it hurt that made me think it may have been broke. just didn't feel right. i've banged myself up pretty good in the last 2 months, and it was the only one that didn't require a day off.

...before i could lift anything more than a ski pole...
    Well that's all you need right there

^^if i did, it wasn't bad. took a week before i could lift anything more than a ski pole. it was never how much it hurt, but the way it hurt that made me think it may have been broke. just didn't feel right. i've banged myself up pretty good in the last 2 months, and it was the only one that didn't require a day off.
    Well your probably better off than me, 3 weeks in a row with significant injuries, the last one on Thursday rehabbing my knee with a nice "safe" road ride which ended up with a high speed asphalt slide after hitting some gravel in a corner. Whole left side of my bod is hamburger and I also cannot lift my arm more than a few inch's. Think I'm gonna become an extreme gardener.

Great day yesterday out in CP. Saturday night finally brought the good combo of below freezing temps and calm, clear night to get a true re-freeze. Corn (not sloppy mush) was abundant on all S-E aspects. The re-freeze was strong Saturday night, because all day (despite the warm temps) I did not see any roller balls, pinwells, point releases or anything. Just abundant, fast corn.

Hit a number of S-E aspects, and some more N-stuff late in the day.

Scralph is working on the photos, etc... Good to get him back out touring for his first tour of the year - nothing like 10 miles and around 4,500 up, 5,200 down to get him back in shape!

Quote Originally Posted by ja_surf View Post
    Think I'm gonna become an extreme gardener.
    Be careful. Gardening is one of the riskier home activities.

Spring gardening is a dangerous sport, claim doctors:

"Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the garden, doctors have warned that pruning, mowing and weeding can be as dangerous as competitive sports.

And this time of year the number of people attending injury clinics with gardening related ailments is often higher than those for sports such as football or rugby."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...m-doctors.html

FYI for LBD folks. Someone just posted an AM ticket for sale for $30. Probably won't last long. Find the post here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ski_pal/message/14305
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by T-Boz View Post
    They should salt down Mt. Run on those days..
    they do. but there's only so much you can do

Hey is anyone heading from Bay Area to Reno this week or weekend? I've got to get some skis to splat and could use some help. Plenty of beers included of course.

that was totally gonna be me, but i hit the tree branch preemptively three weeks ago, destroying my arm

the crazy thing is, i'm not a hops guy. i don't even like ipa's
    Don't worry next time I'll leave a glass piece packed and ready to go in the snow berm next to my car. You can take what you've already payed in advance for!

Quote Originally Posted by ja_surf View Post
    Whole left side of my bod is hamburger and I also cannot lift my arm more than a few inch's. Think I'm gonna become an extreme gardener.
    Doh! I was going to ask you about your knee. I hope what actually happened is that the beer fairy transported my beers to your front yard!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell