Page 22 of 252 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    nice! sounds good.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    weather channel went from forecasts of rain to snow for south lake within the past 3 hours and it changed from rain to snow at heavenly. dont know about that 18-24 inches though. i'm thinking 3-6; but looks like tahoe has finally cooled down enough the next decent storm should drop 2 feet without even trying.
    3-6 at heavenly = 18-24 on the crest.

ottime, that layer was pretty much everywhere there was snow a week ago, although the highest we got was 10,800 so I don't know how much higher it went. i would guess the stuff that was ice, and came in as snow with this storm would be the problem which is probably between 10,000 and 12,000 feet, which isn't much in these parts. Down below sonora it could be a problem. More than likely though it will bond right up cuz that's how the sierra roll.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post

the problem which is probably between 10,000 and 12,000 feet.
    So, like the top have of crescent could be a bit iffy until the Sierra does some magic...

Did this storm come in at 10k or is it most aspects were melted out below 10k?

Regardless, KW Cam looks mighty nice right now.

According to the snotel sensors, so far on the north shore, Independence peak(just north of Castle @8400 feet) up to 9 inches and the Squaw(8200 feet) sensor is up to 13 inches!

Down south, the CP sensor is up to 7 inches and further down, the Ebbets sensor is up to 14!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Cutting my skins right now.

I will be meeting Corky at the Scummit lot tomorrow morning for KC laps. I will be there mind numbingly early (4 or 5) since I have stuff to do at 8am. Hope to see some people there!

On a side note I can't post from my phone, I don't know why, so if you want an update on the conditions send me a PM with your phone number and I will reply with a text.

WOOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FIRST TURNS COMING!

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

just got back from boarding on rose - near a foot already has fallen. Wet heavy, perfect base snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    So, like the top have of crescent could be a bit iffy until the Sierra does some magic...

Did this storm come in at 10k or is it most aspects were melted out below 10k?

Regardless, KW Cam looks mighty nice right now.
    i think it came in around nine, but the snow between 9k and 10k was so wet it's the same effect. pretty much everything was melted out below 9500.

Will be hiking sentinal early am tom. Anyone want to join.
    Snow Flake Killer

^^^I do, I do..... but I'm working in PA... for one more week... then, I'm sort of employed.

I'm pretty sure it is gonna be fun.

Power came back on in the middle of the night...

I'm out for today.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I will be pulling into the Diskwood parking lot @ ~ 9.
    I would love company &/or a guide elsewhere, Bella is staying home.

It Snowed!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    3-6 at heavenly = 18-24 on the crest.
    18" this AM at the Heave. Does that mean 108"-114" at the crest!?

^^^ Holy sheet, that has got to be a record breaker.

The KW cam doesn't look that deep, tho. Maybe a foot plus at the base.

But it does look like it was a nice coating. I would not be surprised if there are several feet at the crest. Maybe not 9' feet.

this morning from my house way over here on the other side of the meadows.

The Kirkwood snow report seems completely accurate, as long as you divide by two. Be careful out there guys, you know them rocks at KW are sharp.

Snow on my bike. Sandy Way 6,500'

Looks like the upper mountain got a whole lot more then the inch and a half to two inches we got on the valley floor.

I posted some more photos from this morning in Squaw Valley HERE

I'd love to hear from the dawn patrol. Who was out today? Worth getting after it post work @ 5?
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Just saw Oldtimer and he said was about to ski on the ski area at Rose and they kicked him off before he even got out of his car. He said there wasn't as much snow as he expected, so grassy runs would be key.
    or don't

Clouds have moved in by Rose.
    I usually poach the resort by parking at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusling View Post
    The Kirkwood snow report seems completely accurate, as long as you divide by two. Be careful out there guys, you know them rocks at KW are sharp.
    I see kirkwood already has the hype machine in mid season form. I guess we can't blame it on Tim anymore. Or can we?

32 inches in 24 hours.

dividing by 2 definitely seems about right.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I was out on that (even divided by 2) instead of at my desk this morning but it definitely gave me a good chuckle!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Boarded down Northwest from the top this morning.. yeah ski patrol director Mike met me at the bottom and told me that I was not allowed on private property. Funny, same speech from that guy this time of year for 20 seasons now! Saw raccoon and Corky straightlining the around the world cat track (?) back to the summit lot claiming we were late. Yeah nice turns though, good start.

AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck
    Quote Originally Posted by kona12 View Post
    I see kirkwood already has the hype machine in mid season form. I guess we can't blame it on Tim anymore. Or can we?

32 inches in 24 hours.

dividing by 2 definitely seems about right.
    !
    those totals are from last season.

Corky and I didn't have any problems with the fuzz. I thought I saw you Guermo, Corky and I were both talking about it just after.

Snow was great early. Really really light and very satisfying. I just wish I was in better shape!

I present the vid from my new HD helmet cam made by blackberry that is neither HD nor a helmet cam...

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Cement View Post
    18" this AM at the Heave. Does that mean 108"-114" at the crest!?
    That plus 22 hours of manmade cranked out early this morning, supposedly. I can't wait to ski CA Trail all day on the 19th.

looks like only 10" or so fell up high hear on the north shore. anyone get any accurate beta/non-Cohe BS totals they can share?