Page 19 of 252 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Headed out to Little Roundtop on Sun morning if anyone is interested. From what i can see from town it looks to be holding snow quite well. Probably leave meyers around 8am.
    Snow Flake Killer

^^^ would like to join you, but I will be working. If you have time, you may want to head a bit further south.

NOAA
    * SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: UP TO 10 INCHES ARE LIKELY IN AND NEAR
    YOSEMITE PARK ABOVE 7000 FEET EXTENDING SOUTH TO NEAR
    HUNTINGTON LAKE AND FLORENCE LAKE.

* ELEVATION: THE SNOW LEVEL WILL BEGIN NEAR 9000 FEET THIS
    EVENING THEN LOWER DURING THE NIGHTTIME HOURS TO NEAR 6500
    FEET.

^^^that looks interesting.

went for a walk today. epic* pow. more pics here

and by epic, i mean Entirely Phrozen Ice Crystals. The wetter the next one comes in the better. Need something that will bond to this nasty rain/ice layer (at least where we were).

^^^ So the shiny stuff was not soft?

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

What PD writes about sounds just like the conditions Vets and I had last year in Oct. up on the "October Patch". We hiked through several inches of fresh laden on the trail only to find a chunk of "Tahoe Ice" when we got to the patch. Yee-haw!

In other news, Vets phoned me at 9 a.m. this morning as I was on my way to see Saw 3-D and exclaimed that he was schralping the beginner WROD at Boreal with 200 other people (jla415 included). He emphasized that I was truly missing out.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    ^^^ So the shiny stuff was not soft?

okbye
    no. it looked he was hiking up in that pic, but he's really putting his skis on.
    shiny happy (dead) people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    Headed out to Little Roundtop on Sun morning if anyone is interested. From what i can see from town it looks to be holding snow quite well. Probably leave meyers around 8am.
    Looking for snow and halloween turns myself. Considering north to Lassen or Shasta, or south to Mammoth-ish. Other ideas? hit me.

We had thought about Lassen. It is all above tree line, so consider visibility. Although, this system may have already cleared from the area.

FYI, building from Pd's post, our ski in the Hoover Wilderness Friday, and the shimmering I saw leaving Freel this week on Red Lake and off towards Blue Lakes, it rained real high, winds stripped a lot of snow this week, and anything below 12k is probably firm. Be careful out there for any adventerous folk looking for turns. Even it snows a few inches, chances are it could be an ice rink underneath. I would also love to be proved wrong if anyone finds anything good

Spitting rain and snow here in TD. Just stopped by the Praxis factory in Incline and got my new Powder Boards. Beeutiful.

^^ I wanna see. What are they? Also, I looked at their site recently but didn't see the option for topsheets... Do they not do that anymore?

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Raccoon, you can buy mine if you want. For sale in gear swap. With Dukes and skins. Somebody in Tahoe must want them, no?
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

10/30/10 - Snowing at Packer Saddle

Did the MTB thing in Downieville yesterday. The shuttle dropped us off around 1:00 pm at 7,100'. The grey skies were spitting wet flakes which started accumulating in patches on the ground and in the trees. Stoked! As we descended, the snow eventually turned to rain and then patchy fog. It was a super fun day, but the next time I'm up the hill, I hope to be riding these bad boys:

Upskirt:

The webcam images this morning were a little disappointing, but the new season is just around the corner and the anticipation is killing me. Let's get it on!

Yup, yup, yup.

gary
    Last edited by parkmeister; 10-31-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    51% smartass, 49% dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    ^^ I wanna see. What are they? Also, I looked at their site recently but didn't see the option for topsheets... Do they not do that anymore?

okbye
    Pow Boards are the "wave" graphic this year (thats what i call it). Pretty sweet:

http://praxisskis.com/shop/buy-skis....&category_id=1

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    We had thought about Lassen. It is all above tree line, so consider visibility. Although, this system may have already cleared from the area.
    You were pretty much spot on.... Just got back from a solo mission at Lassen; light dusting on top of impenetrable rain crust up to 9000' (12-18''), but viz was horrible so didn't venture much above that. Got a few turns down a steep icy line and called it good.

Hit up the twin WROD's at Boreal yesterday with my 2 kids. Definitely the earliest they have skied in the season! After a summer of patch skiing I felt like I was cheating taking a chairlift for my October turns! I guess since I was on a lift, this officially puts 09/10 to rest for me and starts 10/11!! Ran into another Mag there..JBN? JBL? Sorry, horrible memory but nice to meet you!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Leaving town next week; maybe that will bring some Ullr goodness.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

I know I'm going to get called for spamming, but if any of you need a pair of free tickets to the Snow Bomb Ski and Snowboard Festival (comes with 3-Tahoe area lift tickets for each ticket), then read this. Free is good. We now return you to the weather...dry and sunny for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    In other news, Vets phoned me at 9 a.m. this morning as I was on my way to see Saw 3-D and exclaimed that he was schralping the beginner WROD at Boreal with 200 other people (jla415 included). He emphasized that I was truly missing out.
    I concur, you missed out on very epic turns
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

where's the TR?
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    where's the TR?
    Unfortunately neither of us took any pics, but it was pretty much slalom skiing with moving gates
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

I just got a job offer to work lifts at alpine meadows, anyone have any experience working lifts there? Curious how much actual ski time I will get, the pay is pretty weak, so it is going to take a lot of skiing to make it worthwhile.

No experience working lifts there, but my sense is that you won't get much time to ski on days you're working -- especially not weekends and holidays. You should get a pass with the job, though, right?
    not counting days 2016-17

Anybody going to light the wick tonight in SF? Doors at 830 show at 930. Say Hi as I will be attending by myself. I will probably be wearing an old vail beavercreek red hat. The names Jake.

Just got back from a PNW trip, for the birth of grandchild #7 in Spokane.
    Skied the Palmer patch on the way up early in the month to close the season at 83 (half mile patch to the mid load station), hiked 49 degree north after the Monday storm last week, skied the bottom of Timberline when they opened on Friday on 32" of fresh - decent coverage, then hiked Bachelor on Sunday.
    Come On Mother Nature - Bring it South!

Let it Snow!