Page 230 of 252 FirstFirst ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 6280
    Is there any chance KW will spin 10 instead of 6? Two weeks ago, 10 (and 11) had top to bottom coverage, 6 was dry at bottom. A friend tells me the bottom of 10 was still covered last weekend. Why run 6 with dirt ramps when 10 has snow?

^^i think it has to do with some combination of insurance, the law, sightseeing riders, and the fact that 6 has a safety bar. sort of a 'if we are only going to run one lift, it has to be 6' type of thing. kind of a shame that last year kirkwood had the best thing going on the fourth and this year it looks to be the lamest from a lift running standpoint. according to the web cam today, all the lifts had dry spots around the bottom but they all would take the same amount of work to cover up. even 6 had snow to within 100'.

should have pics by noon.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    Fuck skiing in July! I'm going back to the Mentawais

That looks lame. I mean, you don't even need a wetsuit. And the water is so baby blue. And do they even have hot dogs and PBRs there? Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    That looks lame. I mean, you don't even need a wetsuit. And the water is so baby blue. And do they even have hot dogs and PBRs there? Doubt it.
    Ditto !

Was at rocky mountain national park last week and what did everyone want to do ? play in the snow. We live an hour from the beach and it has yet to be suggested to go there.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

DSR will be open on the 9th and 10th. Any maggot crew gonna show up?

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Interesting...'cuz when Vets and I were up there this past Monday it was seriously burnt. They'll have to make snow or spend a lot of time pushing stuff from the backside to the frontside to even have enough to provide any kind of continuous run, let alone a useable WROD, imho. Sugarbowl, however, was still holding plenty of the white...

Nevermind, according to the DSR website they will be open 2,3,4, 9, and 10th, only running Chair 2 (the backside chair)...that makes more sense, since there's a fair amount of the white stuff lurking in the bowl between DSR and Boreal (not to mention a lot of it in the O/B area between the two resorts (skied some chutes back in there a week ago and it was good).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    $20 bucks for dsr, free concert at commons beach @ 4:30, and free concert & fireworks at squaw afterward. hmmm.

today on the wall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-680.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	98184  

I can't believe they allowed you to climb and muck up all the powder for the weekend!

Suncups look minimal for July... Can you ski down through Sentinel or is the return burnt out? Anyone want to meet in the lift line at 6:30 to get first chair??

Fresh, or Old?

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    Fuck skiing in July! I'm going back to the Menstruatin'
    Ah, but you can do that on any/every 4th of July. (Old!)
    When was the last time you got to *ski* on *snow* on 7/4? (Fresh!)

It'll be the first time this Century after all...and it might be the last...

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I can't believe they allowed you to climb and muck up all the powder for the weekend!

Suncups look minimal for July... Can you ski down through Sentinel or is the return burnt out? Anyone want to meet in the lift line at 6:30 to get first chair??
    Suncups have been pretty darn minimal all around (Donner Pass, Mammoth, Ebbetts), which has been sweet.

Oh snap....but I have to pick up my pass and drive from SF and I'm going to hike over to ##^%$#% and #$@#$%@# and ski #@%$#%#$%!

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    ^^^^^

You mean this?

Crazy...
    HELL YEAH! So who's hitting Squaw sat and/or Sun? I will be in line for the Funi @ 6am Sat! (not really, but I will there @ 8 when it spins).

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Oh snap....but I have to pick up my pass and drive from SF and I'm going to hike over to ##^%$#% and #$@#$%@# and ski #@%$#%#$%!
    the entrance to teh cirque looked uber-smooth and sweet but narrow. under the choke there were lots of small rollers from the recent snow. we had other plans though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-496.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	98186  

Remember winter?

Leaving manana to shred volcanoes. Have fun at Squaw! I'd be there otherwise.

Talking It's a Go!!

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    We're trying to get enough peeps together to run a bus up to Alpine on Saturday 7/2.

Picking up in Santa Clara, SF, Oakland & Walnut Creek in the morning, and coming back in the evening.
    (Please Note: Depending on how many sign up, one of these pick-ups will probably get dropped)

$85 for the bus, includes breakfast, a lift-ticket, and an apres-ski bbq with "adult beverages" provided.
    $55 if you don't want a lift-ticket.

It should be a right laugh!
    http://www.bayareaskibus.com/index.c...n=Trip&ID=1754
    Well, it's going, and with all 4 pick-ups.
    Santa Clara at 4:00, SF at 4:50, Oakland at 5:10 and Walnut Creek at 5:30.
    If you want to think about it for a wee bit longer, you can always just show up at the bus, and they'll sort you out.

Sounds like AM are really trying to make things as groovy as they can:
    Just saw the latest pictures put up by Alpine on their FB page... man they are working the shit out of the snow all over the mountain to keep everything covered... super props go out to them. You should see how fuckin creamy Alpine bowl looks!!!
    Last edited by TurxSki; 07-01-2011 at 01:22 PM.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I'll be at Alpine Saturday and Mammoth Sunday. PM if you need a ride from South Lake or want to carpool.

Also, if you want to watch the South Lake fireworks on the 4th but don't want to deal with the crush at the beaches, PM me ASAP. I have a limited number of hookups available.

Not Tahoe I know, but anyone else looking at Shasta for the weekend? I'm not sure what to make of the forecast. It's making the sand rub between my legs and we're thinking of retreating to eastside.

Sunday (approach day to Hidden Valley) is looking like 40 mph with 60 gusts. Monday is unclear, looks like it's supposed to die down. We were planning on the West Ridge approach but that sounds like getting blown off the mountain conditions. Ugh, I'm sure the snow will ski really well too with nightly refreezing and sunny daytime temps.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Looking for late afternoon/early evening laps on DP today
    AM Sat
    Squaw Sun
    and then I'm half-assedly entertaining the notion of hitting AM/Squaw/DSR/SB all in a row on Monday...just gotta check the logistics of that scenario.

Weekend Beta

Someone asked about beta for CP- http://unofficialnetworks.com/tahoe-...nd-2011-28678/

Red Lake was smooooooth on Wednesday after the couple of inches we got, and someone HAS TO SKI THE CRESCENT this weekend! It was looking sick!

Schralp, not sure what to say about the forecast, but here's some beta from last weekend on Shastina, http://unofficialnetworks.com/skiing...-report-27772/

the Trinity Chutes on Shasta (West Face was also looking absolutely perfect!)
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/skiing...-shasta-28182/

and Lassen, http://unofficialnetworks.com/skiing...en-peak-28466/

Happy 4th of July Shredding!

I just bailed on my plans to do Hotlum Winton tomorrow cuz of those winds Schralp. Seems the forecast doubled in speed since yesterday. Even with warm temps I recall the upper mountain being very stingy about softening with a decent breeze. Too much suffering and gambling for me to not be able to ride off the summit in corn. I'm sure other aspects will be fine skiing as the high temps should outweigh the effects of the wind. Good luck!

Thanks brooks, also too much suffering for me even if shooting for other aspects. I don't suspect there's a lot of places to hide out from the wend on the Hidden Valley approach, and wind makes me puss out more than sun, cold, vert, steepness, bushwhacks etc. Mostly cause I'm so damn skinny that I get blown over easily ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Free concert and fireworks Sunday night at Squaw should be good.

See everyone at Alpine Meadows saturday.

Planning on closing out lift served at Squaw monday.

Prolly Mamasake at 2-2:30.

Splat?
    Life of a repo man is always intense.