Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New CA bill making helmets mandatory?! W T F

http://www.sierrasun.com/article/201...ntProfile=1051

(btw, I'm not posting this for debate. If anyone in here legitimately agrees with this you should just walk off a bridge)

HA HAHAHA hahahah haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahaah ahah ha ah h hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAAAA ha ha ha ha eeeeheee ehheeeeeeh eheeeeeh eeeeheeeeeh! OOOOhoOO OOHHHOOO HHOOOO HAA HA HA HA HAH AH AH AH HA AHHA HA HAH BBBBWWWAAA AAAAAH AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAA
    BWAHAHAHAHA hAHA AAAHHHHAAAAAHH HA AAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!! snuckle! Chortle!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

OOOOohhhhhhhh..................................... ....................That's funny.

California Sucks dick! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH................... ..........

Behold my fluffy goodness, you bastard.

Sucks for kids I guess... fucking kids.

I hear after CA legalize marijuana the helmets will become mandatory everywhere in the state because they fear the people will not be paying as much attention to where they're going and will be bumping into each other, It's a proactive thing...

be creative with defeat - make the dick head helmet - put that german guys face on it!

Didn't read the article, but for the sake of stirring up controversy...I'm sure the biking community felt the same way when they made wearing helmets mandatory for biking. Not sure how this is any different. I wear a helmet anyway, so to me it's no big deal. Just kind of playing devil's advocate here.

summery for those who won't bother to read:
    1: Under 18 at a ski resort, would need to wear a helmet or face $25 fine.
    2: Fatalities at said resorts would need to publicly report them.

I'll file this under "meh"

I think if I was running a ski school I would make helmets mandatory for anyone who wanted to take a lesson

I been wearing a helmet for quite awhile , they don't bother me

Bubble wrap fartbag, coming to hill near you.

I failed to notice it was for people under 18. It still is ludicrous. How in the hell can they implement a $25 fine to a broke teenager? Are they gonna have cops in the lift lines carding people who don't have helmets on? CA has retarded politicians and I'm afraid to say it's representative of a lot of stupid people who live there.

When I grew up neither I nor any of my friends wore helmets for anything. We'd ghost ride our bmx bikes off dirt jumps behind the house or sled down steep, icy roads full of parked cars all sans helmets. We had more freedom as children back then and no one I know died or got a concussion from head trauma. Now when I drive through Tahoe Donner all I see is yuppies and their "slow children" signs in front of their driveway and their kids wearing helmets to take out the trash. The parents scowl at you if you drive past their house 2 mph over the speed limit. (My Dad told me of a time when you'd be ridiculed for not having a loaded shotgun in your truck's gun rack that you drove to high school. Hell, I used to hunt by myself when I was 13)
    Even though athletically our kids are advancing faster, in general we are raising them to be spoiled pussies.....albeit athletic pussies. /stupid rant

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    How in the hell can they implement a $25 fine to a broke teenager?
    The same way they can give a speeding ticket to a broke teenager who speeds.

When I grew up neither I nor any of my friends wore helmets for anything. We'd ghost ride our bmx bikes off dirt jumps behind the house or sled down steep, icy roads full of parked cars all sans helmets. We had more freedom as children back then and no one I know died or got a concussion from head trauma.
    All this proves is that you and your friends were lucky.

How does a broke teenager afford a lift ticket?
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Personally, I wear a helmet.
    However, I don't think they should be mandatory
    I do, however, think that we shouldn't support / allow those who do not wear one to sue based on head injuries.

If you don't want to wear a helmet, fine, but you will be responsible for your actions.

1) New Jersey did this recently...

2) Who the hell is supposed to enforce this?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Put the damn helmets on the kids

Seriously it's not that hard, you put a seatbelt on your kid when in the car, why not a helmet on the slopes

For kids where there's a legitimate chance that a helmet WILL prevent a serious injury I really don't see what folks are arguing about.

Edit for xtra:

I agree with the no helmet, no sue. But in this case I'm thinking of kids who are 3-18 who really aren't in a position to make the choice to sue or not to sue. In that sense the decision has to be made for them and their parrents.
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Under their argument, anything that you do that 'may' cause injury should require wearing a helmet. Why a kid needs 1) on snow, 2) skiing a 10 yard long slope, and 3) without speeders coming from above is beyond me.

Also, my kid wont wear a hat at the beach, let alone a helmet. I'm willing to bet the guy who created this bill, or his child, was injured skiing and now pushing his mandate.

+1 for ski helmet lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    I failed to notice it was for people under 18. It still is ludicrous. How in the hell can they implement a $25 fine to a broke teenager?
    I'm just going to guess that most broke teenagers are doing something cheaper than skiing.

i always wear a helmet on days that contain the letter H! seems more than reasonable to me!

jgb@etree Guest
    I don't think that the gov't should be forcing anyone to wear a helmet, but the sad fact is that there are so many morons in society today that common sense sometimes has to be legislated. Don't care if you don't wear a seatbelt while driving, or a helmet while motorcycling - that should be your choice to make. While I grew up in a time where riding in the back of a station wagon wasn't a big deal, and bike helmets were unheard of, I don't think it's that bad of an idea to protect kids heads now that the equipment is readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    Edit for xtra:

I agree with the no helmet, no sue. But in this case I'm thinking of kids who are 3-18 who really aren't in a position to make the choice to sue or not to sue. In that sense the decision has to be made for them and their parrents.
    Why the F*** are you litigious Americans talking about Law suits??? Haven't you read the back of your lift ticket lately??? Or your seasons pass??? or the waiver they make you sign when you purchase your seasons pass???

Helmet or no Helmet, No one on the slopes should be sueing anybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

lawsuits are the national pastime in the us of a.

Quote Originally Posted by zombinate View Post
    summery for those who won't bother to read:
    1: Under 18 at a ski resort, would need to wear a helmet or face $25 fine.
    2: Fatalities at said resorts would need to publicly report them.

I'll file this under "meh"
    3. Greatly increased police presence to enforce new law, paid for by the taxpayers of an already broke state.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckin eh? View Post
    Why the F*** are you litigious Americans talking about Law suits??? Haven't you read the back of your lift ticket lately??? Or your seasons pass??? or the waiver they make you sign when you purchase your seasons pass???

Wow, way to go all the way to the other end of the ridiculously retarded spectrum.

No one should sue anyone for anything ski related? You ever know someone that has been hit by another skier and fucked up badly because of it? Yea, you're right, no one should have to look where they are going at all, fuck personal responsibility.

Oh yea, and when I was skiing Big Sky and watched a sizeable chunk of the top of a lift tower fall to the ground during operating hours (think an entire arm with all the wheels), yea, thats completely cool, if that had hurt someone, it should just be tough luck, and get yourself the fuck off our mountain.

Or I remember a story posted here from the colorado crew a couple years back where a patroller accidentally tossed a bomb into an open area right next to a bunch of skiers. No one was hurt, but if they were, you really think they should just be stuck with their own medical bills?

I could go on, the point is, the statement you made is retarded.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckin eh? View Post

Reminds me of this, makes me rage so hard

Personally I don't like the law proposal, because it might interfere with natural selection.

Quote Originally Posted by kevok2 View Post
    Reminds me of this, makes me rage so hard

Personally I don't like the law proposal, because it might interfere with natural selection.
    Im not sure what youre trying to say by posting that link, but Ill go ahead and say:

The 80 year old man is an asshole for suing, especially since he wasnt injured. Thats why he probably wont win or get any money out of this.

However,

The idea of exempting kids under 10 from any sort of responsibility is absolutely ludicrous. You have a duty to ski in control and watch where you are going. I ski fast pretty much always and pass people all the time. Things would be a MUCH bigger shitshow if all the little kids had no responsibility to ever look where they're going. I've passed probably thousands of people in the two decades I've been skiing, and have never hit anyone except once when some idiot jumped out of the trees right in front of me without even glancing uphill first. It isnt that hard to not be an asshole, even when there are slow as fuck gapers everywhere.

There are frivolous lawsuits, but the alternative would be retarded. People are already selfish and inconsiderate enough without the law telling them they dont have to give a fuck about anyone but themselves.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    i always wear a helmet on days that contain the letter H! seems more than reasonable to me!
    This thread is worthless without pics of Slaag Master wearing a helmet made of Pelegrino bottles and duct tape... on a tHursday.