Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    eh, IMO you've already got the best there is down in Jacksonville, so go grab a bag of The Good Bean, carry a jet boil with the french press and be done with it.

dude wants drip, not foamy flowers encased in brown hearts covering his mud, americanos want drip shit coffee.
    zoka, top pot, tullys, solstice, allegro, all drip the shit out off coffee close to the UW.

double short breve for power

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    dude wants drip, not foamy flowers encased in brown hearts covering his mud, americanos want drip shit coffee.
    zoka, top pot, tullys, solstice, allegro, all drip the shit out off coffee close to the UW.

double short breve for power
    You completely lost me when you included Tullys in that group.

Tullys? Their Bunn works just as well as Stumptowns, but their beans are shit.

Incidentally, I'm not saying Tullys coffee is horrible. It's okay. But it's not really worth getting off the freeway for.

Also, again, I've never had truly great coffee that was pre-dripped into a carafe. The better coffee, IMHO, is manually made in single-serving form, usually by a haughty hipster-type:

hate the crap they serve at howwee shultzs' team killing shops, dont prefer tullys, frequent lighthouse victim going on 20 yrs., their beans are worth the extra mileage from home.
    just passed a short list of drip coffee close to 5, ok. tullys opens at 5am, good for travelers.

I will echo the recommendations for Barista. Its an awesome place and they serve some of the best coffee from around the country (Stumptown, Intellegentsia, Counter Culture, etc.). They do individual french presses and I think they have vac pots as well.

If you don't have a good cup there - then your tastebuds are wrong.

For all the Seattle mags, I charge you with the following: Try out the Cafe Apassionato located on the corner of Stone and 45th. Yeah, not usually the best but my good friend recently opened this store and his magic bean jockey hands produce some amazing americanos.

Also, its a little sludgy, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the drip coffee at Boulangerie Nantaise in Belltown.

Epilogue: I'm starting to think that the PNW's reputation is founded on its expresso-based drinks more than its coffee. So far, I've had good but never great coffee there.

Went to Barrista in the Pearl. The pre-french pressed coffee was good but not great. (I've had vacuum-pot coffee in the past; it's okay but doesn't produce the kind of rich coffee I like.)

Went to Vivace on Capital Hill only to discover that they don't do actual coffee; only expresso drinks with finely crafted soy-foam penises. Pass.

Went to Stumptown somewhere nearby. Again, their pre-french pressed coffee was good but not great. The donut I bought there was awesome though.

Went to Gallileo in Squamish. The coffee was okay.

Best coffee on the trip: The on-demand french press at Mix in Ashland.

I'm still looking for a cup of coffee better than either Blue Bottle or Philz in San Francisco, but thus far, they reign supreme in my book.