Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Least Coast: Get ready for tropics!

Finally....

Danielle
    Earl

...'bout time.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

Just put in a 8 1/2 hour marathon sesh yesterday at higgins and Gooches, both aspect were protected from the hard NE winds with 7ft waves, great surf, tons of rides.

can't wait for that slutty whore Danielle to get here. already got sun-weds off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Yesterday and today looked pretty sweet. But you're right here it comes! I was at Rye Bch this morning with the dog and the place was packed! I'm just learning to surf and although I will enjoy such days in the years to come I'm still on the bunny slope! Enjoy!

Gonna be windy down here. Sunday may be good, before NE winds pick up. We'll see. I got shafted by Colin...little bastard.

hello.

Looks like it is gonna suck back East. Finally looks like you are gonna get yours.

Quote Originally Posted by jayfrizzo View Post
    We'll see. I got shafted by Colin...little bastard.

everyone did, that poser showed up asked about "where Chad's gap is" then never even hit it. Total pussy.

Here's to hoping Danielle stays NW
    get paid

I already posted these in the EC Roll call...But it makes sense to post here also.. Just spent a couple days in Maine getting my surf fix, wish i could have stayed longer. Hope someone gets some pics when Danielle gets closer... A friend took these of me on Tuesday.

HA: Nice! Shots look Goochsesque?

MPPG: Probably saw you in the water at Higs - when were you out? I put in a couple hours in the morning and thought it seemed a bit off.

I think the key this weekend will be avoiding the crowds, as the weather looks like it will be great too, and winds might cooperate nicely.

- Owl Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by peterslovo View Post
    HA: Nice! Shots look Goochsesque?

MPPG: Probably saw you in the water at Higs - when were you out? I put in a couple hours in the morning and thought it seemed a bit off.

I think the key this weekend will be avoiding the crowds, as the weather looks like it will be great too, and winds might cooperate nicely.
    I thought Gooch too! steep, hollow, beach break.

I was out 7-11 I'm easy to recognize, bald, mustache, electric blue ripcurl god, I have to get rid of that suit. price was right tho.

uncrowded? Reid SP sez wha?
    get paid

Dude, I saw you, for sure - think I might have even said hi? On a big blue longboard, and I'm also bald. Yes, I am thinking mid-coast.

- Owl Chapman

Nice, little impromptu mini surf summit. I'd shoot ya a PM next time I'm in the neighborhood. just for shits and giggles
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Nice, little impromptu mini surf summit. I'd shoot ya a PM next time I'm in the neighborhood. just for shits and giggles
    Definitely.

I never think to ask for change in the lineup...

- Owl Chapman

[QUOTE=peterslovo;2958089]HA: Nice! Shots look Goochsesque?

[QUOTE=My Pet Powder Goat;2958102]I thought Gooch too! steep, hollow, beach break.

Gooches it was....

Fauck. I miss Maine.

I'm telling you. Timber Island. Just Saying. Worth a look see.

8-26

I have been shooting in the nasty weather for the last 5 days...finally the wind went offshore...these were shot today in NH.

my intention is not to spam, but the rest are posted on

alpine-live.com

Sick pics. Don't see people getting barrel'd at the wall often Man, I should have stuck around for an AM'r

Looks like we may have Jinxed ourselves again with this one... latest models have her staying a little more to the east. It Still should be good, but I want HuDge AND good!
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Fauck. I miss Maine.

I'm telling you. Timber Island. Just Saying. Worth a look see.
    shhhhh.....

hey Ottime, you know joey radford by any chance?

- Owl Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post

Looks like we may have Jinxed ourselves again with this one... latest models have her staying a little more to the east. It Still should be good, but I want HuDge AND good!
    no jinx. You have a pretty kind set up. Earl will be running up I already churned up waters and further east. Besides this morning's run has an interesting retrograde. Hell, maybe not Gabrielle perfect, buit should be pretty good considering then summer you've had.

Quote Originally Posted by peterslovo View Post
    shhhhh.....

hey Ottime, you know joey radford by any chance?
    I don't remember Joey. But it was 15+ years since I was in those parts. Most of the names are gone, but the faces I recall.

Btw, I could edt my post. I just figured it was still no where land. Most of the best spots further south beteeen York and Kbunk still never get surfed
    and are in plain sight. Last time I was around, a Wells local told me
    Firehouse was never surfed because it was believed to be too much of a paddle and shollow rocks. And this is the best ledge north of rye. Might even be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    no jinx. You have a pretty kind set up. Earl will be running up I already churned up waters and further east. Besides this morning's run has an interesting retrograde. Hell, maybe not Gabrielle perfect, buit should be pretty good considering then summer you've had.
    Music to my ears, And don't worry about giving up secrets on the TGR surf forum, I'm pretty sure only about 5 people read this
    get paid

Shit's going to be

F
    L
    A
    T
    Skiing made me Board

Quote Originally Posted by Breakwater View Post
    Shit's going to be

F
    L
    A
    T
    so far, you're right...disappointed this am thus far. hopefully it fills in today.

- Owl Chapman

Looks like RI will be the place to be for Earl. Perhaps starting Thursday. LI may be too far west to get the best, and Earl may be too far west to get much north of the cape (according to this morning's run of the models). On the plus side, he is looking to stay strong as he drives up the coast. May be a stormy next weekend for NE.

The LI bouy has a spectral of 2.1@12.5. That should be a good chest high wave. And tht profile looks so clean.

And this map suggest some swell filling in today

Gulf of ME buoy forecast shows some mid period all week

Best of luck with the fill in and glassy waters. And a verbal report from a friend in ME. He had fun earlier today.

THURSDAY 8/26

thursday morning was really good at the wall despite fucked up bars. thank god there was enough size at a lower tide for the outer bars to really work.

this morning was super fun at the honey hole with just a few of us out with long little rippable hittable zipper lefts. around the point tho wuz a zoo!

back for more in the am. same spot, lost round nose fish weapon of choice. nice pics from thurs btw!

rog

Today was much, much better in Maine than either of the weekend days. Swell finally seems to have shown up, and winds were quite cooperative this morning. On Saturday am, I counted 80 plus people in the water. Crowds much more manageable today.

- Owl Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    I have been shooting in the nasty weather for the last 5 days...finally the wind went offshore...these were shot today in NH.

my intention is not to spam, but the rest are posted on

alpine-live.com
    great pics man!