Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peterslovo View Post
    On Saturday am, I counted 80 plus people in the water.
    Holy hell. Where was that?

^ EC is nuts.

check out my buds site...go to the 'surf report/cams'. cam is of the 'wall' in nh.

http://www.cinnamonrainbows.com

AH! WEEKDAYS!

surfed from 730-1030 this morning, not at the wall. surf was def better than the weekend and was close to on par with thursday morning. 1st hour this morning it was just me and another guy in the whole cove then by 930 there were a whole 6 of us and that's as busy as it got. the weekend? shit there were a dozen at times, wtf?

great morning. maybe more tonight after a mid day mtb ride.

get it!

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    surfed from 730-1030 this morning, not at the wall. surf was def better than the weekend and was close to on par with thursday morning. 1st hour this morning it was just me and another guy in the whole cove then by 930 there were a whole 6 of us and that's as busy as it got. the weekend? shit there were a dozen at times, wtf?

great morning. maybe more tonight after a mid day mtb ride.

get it!

rog
    your tgr wagon wheels fell off pretty quick! haha! water is so warm!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Holy hell. Where was that?
    Higgamea. tons of quebecois there as well.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

My local beach (west of the river mouth) was fun this weekend. Saturday was a bit bigger, with lots of chest-to-shoulder faces, and 12ish second periods. You could see easily see bigger sets on the horizon and track them as they came in. The water was the clearest I've seen it outside of winter -- in 10' of water over the bar's outer edge, it looked waist deep. You could see sand dollars and fish in the trough in front of you.

Yesterday was smaller (chest) but a whole lot cleaner, long long glassy faces, with periods of about 15 secs. The sandbar in the middle of the bay is the best it's been in a few years. It was also the biggest crowd of surfers I've ever seen at this beach: 8 people at one point.

(Yeah, on days like this I'm glad I moved away from Higgamea Bay.)

holy crap was it fun today. sets in the several feet overhead range, pushing DOH on a couple, and wind offshore. quite a surprise based on the forecasts.

- Owl Chapman

Lurking for ME wave stoke, Yeti, without blowing the whistle on your locale, any pics?

anyone been to small point?

Quote Originally Posted by peterslovo View Post
    holy crap was it fun today. sets in the several feet overhead range, pushing DOH on a couple, and wind offshore. quite a surprise based on the forecasts.
    Really?? I left last night, after the forecast was calling for a quick fall off today, shitballs again!

Surfed a little on sun night, and literally almost sliced off my dick and gored myself with one of my fins trying to dodge a Barney floundering in the whitewash at the wall.

Monday i surfed all day at jennish, and a couple hours at the wall for sunset, they were definitely getting bigger at dark

met the mag Breakwater by coincidence too. "save Magic mountain" stickers always deserve a good "change for a nickel?"

see ya'll for earl, looks like it could be HUDGE in RI for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Really?? I left last night, after the forecast was calling for a quick fall off today, shitballs again!
    No joke. Swell is definitely showing up late apparently, and all the forecasts are completely missing it.

Yesterday was ok, but today puts yesterday to shame in terms of size.

Sturgeon were jumping all over the place today, and even a shark made an appearance in the lineup, spooking several folks.

Surfed a little on sun night, and literally almost sliced off my dick and gored myself with one of my fins trying to dodge a Barney floundering in the whitewash at the wall.
    Same thing happened to me last night on a late drop at a reef in the area, except the slice was across my lower ass - right through the suit.

- Owl Chapman

Mypetpowdergoat has a nice frothy seaweed beard.

The sandbars at 10th street at the wall are fucked up.
    This, was not the wall.

And that swell was a succubus.
    Skiing made me Board

THIS MORNING WAS LEGIT!

surfed a spot north of the wall and south of jenness this morning and, well, for the past few days. had the whole place to myself till just 2 others joined me. solid head high/bigger sets with many shutting the whole place down. plenty of long peelers too with a LOOOOOONG paddle back out. so nice to barely have to paddle to get into em, some good power fer sure.

back to the same spot in the a.m.

have fun out there!

rog

Report came in from the buds. O rivermouth at mid tide today. Too much water moving for it at low. Reports of 16 sec periods. OMG! I've said it before. TI. Perhaps even Moody Point has a chance.

After another crappy day at work, and reports coming in, I so miss vacationland.

Great time for me to get sick with some bug and miss some more sessions...ugh. More reports of how good yesterday pm was, and it seems like it is still on this morning, but a touch smaller.

Now we'll have to see what Earl brings.

- Owl Chapman

I was thinking about the swell arrival, forecast and the such.

I beleive many of the forecast look at the location of the storm, its intensity, and build a forecast from there. This was a relatively fast moving storm. I think it generated a long period swell a few days ago, when it was down toward Bermuda. The storm moved faster than the swell, and as it approached you received short period swell before the long period swell. The forecasters discounted the long period swell.

I think that is one of the challenges with predicting hurricane swell, along with the pulse nature of a hurricane. If you look at the charts from a few days back, you can see a distinct oval shape, which would suggest a pulse. Then, as the storm pulled up the coast, it lost some of its shape.

Peterslovo. Bummer. But at least you don't have my job.

Sounds like you guys are crushing it up north. It's been super blown out down in FL but that should change when Earl comes through. Think we'll finally get our window. Hopefully it won't be too big for our flat sandbars.

This one should have a NE component to it so some fo the reefs and points just south of Fort Pierce could be fun.

^^^^^ Ah, those mysto reefs. For sure we can expect pics. If not here, then on Surfline or in a mag. Those spots always look so fun when they break every once in a while.

Just looked at the charts, and this one is lining up to light up Nova Scotia. Elsewhere north of the cape may just get a day or so of big jumble. RI looks to be good, but the storm is to move close by. Those long deep inlets in NS should be able to rake this thing into clean lines. Hatteras, OTOH. Geez.

^^^^^ Ah, those mysto reefs. For sure we can expect pics. If not here, then on Surfline or in a mag. Those spots always look so fun when they break every once in a while.
    You're probably thinking spots a little further south. I surfed some in Palm Beach during a big northeast swell my first winter here. It was bananas. Crystal clear water where the only waves breaking on the reef were sets every 15 minutes. Easy to drift out of position waiting that long, but since the water was so clear you just stay outside the reef, which is easy to see. I kept thinking my shadow on the bottom was a shark.

Not sure the swell will get down there. I'll be further north, just south of the Bahamas shadow. Bill swell broke awesome in this stretch. Not as big but way fewer closeouts. This swell is supposed to have a bit more NE to it so it will hopefully hit these breaks even better.

I haven't been exersizing much lately, and have been sick all week so I expect to get my ass kicked.

water is 70 freakin degrees in NH! yahoo!

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    water is 70 freakin degrees in NH! yahoo!
    Very Nice, It took forever to warm up this season, but I got 4 hrs of surfing in my trunks on monday
    So, it's looking like I'll be soloing it down to RI later this week, probably thursday night-Friday early AM and staying a night or two. If any Mags felt generous enough to show a advanced - intermediate surfer (who loves getting thrashed and marathon surfing) around I would appreciate it, and repay your kindness with delicious VT beers and other enjoyable VT produce

Any Beta is appreciated as well.
    I usually sleep in the bed of my truck, but is there any good state parks etc that people would recommend for camping?
    get paid

another amazing morning

surfed at the pipe this morning for 2 hours at the proper tide after the working folk had to clock in. perfect belly/chest high long a-frame-ish lefts and rights. probably the most fun of the past 7 days. twas just rippable!

6-10 b2t sprays with a couple of cut b's per wave. unreal. way too easy.

left the full suit in the car. nh water is WARM! so glad to have had the warm water wax. NEVER needed that growing up and surfing on the cape for 20 years.

ok earl, c'mon.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post

Any Beta is appreciated as well.
    I usually sleep in the bed of my truck, but is there any good state parks etc that people would recommend for camping?
    Be careful about where you camp. I ended up in jail about 15 years ago because I was sleeping in the back of my car at a state beach. Missed dawn patrol to the amusement of the cop.

You kind of need to choose east or west side, otherwise it can be a long drive. If it is sizable, I always enjoyed Pt. Judith. It gets crowded, but can handle a crowd, and a variety of winds. Plenty of options around there for the adventurous. Even some breaks inside the harbor jetties to the west. And plenty of reefs along the eastern side.

There is also a series cobblestone breaks further west (go inland and then back out to the water) M----------- (native Indian name). This is where I got busted for sleeping on public property.

Newport has some breaks. Ruggles is the big name, but there are a series of breaks outside and to the south west that are much less surfed and can offer up a pummeling.

There are options east of Newport as well, but my memory really fades.

Or you could just dive in and take the ferry out to Block Island.

Be careful about where you camp. I ended up in jail about 15 years ago because I was sleeping in the back of my car at a state beach. Missed dawn patrol to the amusement of the cop.

You kind of need to choose east or west side, otherwise it can be a long drive. If it is sizable, I always enjoyed Pt. Judith. It gets crowded, but can handle a crowd, and a variety of winds. Plenty of options around there for the adventurous. Even some breaks inside the harbor jetties to the west. And plenty of reefs along the eastern side.

There is also a series cobblestone breaks further west (go inland and then back out to the water) M----------- (native Indian name). This is where I got busted for sleeping on public property.

Newport has some breaks. Ruggles is the big name, but there are a series of breaks outside and to the south west that are much less surfed and can offer up a pummeling.

There are options east of Newport as well, but my memory really fades.

Or you could just dive in and take the ferry out to Block Island.
    Great, Thanks so much!

Is it worth going to lighthouse or Narragansett beach?
    get paid

Pic from Burry's Break site.

Central Florida this AM

Quote Originally Posted by jayfrizzo View Post
    Pic from Burry's Break site.

Central Florida this AM

Holy fucking shit!

It's the 100 year storm!

"It's oK, let him go"

"we'll get him when he comes back?"

"he's not coming back"
    get paid