Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Some good stuff out there this morning. Smaller than hoped, but glassy and great shape. See if it fills in more before petering (heh!) out.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

NH

put in about 2.5 hours before work today @ the rocks. some fun ones fer sure. especially the mid sized ones at low tide that stayed walled up most of the way in. the peak was a shitshow per usual. well more of a shitshow due the less frequent waves/sets compared to 2 weeks ago. smaller too. funny to watch actually. it is just unbelievable to me to imagine what the fuck goes through folks minds when they are paddling for waves in perfect position to drop in on someone, and do. nothing goes through their minds, they are just dumb out there, and dangerous. comical.

anywho, nice to get the new board on some nice long clean ones.

will be out on and off all day tomorrow and wednesday. winds go offshore for wed morning, finally. hopefully a wave will still be there.

rog

anybody get out today? i stayed at home waiting for the wind to switch and listened to the 3+ inches of rain come down. checked it late towards dark and it had cleaned up substantially. i failed at going out today tho just wasn't inspired.

tomorrow morning should be nice with (finally) nice offshore winds. hopfully the swell holds as there was plenty of size tonight. thurs and fri morning could be nice as well.

rog

Yesterday was 'eh'. Spot I wanted to hit filled in with too much tide to get it really good by the time I was on it, but got a couple nice ones before it got too fat. The main beach at Higgins was a zoo, and small. Nice shape though, with the N-NE winds.

today is tiny.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

Weds Morn was great. Swell had finally cleaned up and there nice long lines. Only about chest/shoulder on the sets

Quote Originally Posted by peterslovo View Post
    Yesterday was 'eh'. Spot I wanted to hit filled in with too much tide to get it really good by the time I was on it, but got a couple nice ones before it got too fat. The main beach at Higgins was a zoo, and small. Nice shape though, with the N-NE winds.

today is tiny.
    Doc's?

Quote Originally Posted by yeloblammo View Post
    Weds Morn was great. Swell had finally cleaned up and there nice long lines. Only about chest/shoulder on the sets
    weds morning was silly good. head/slightly o'head sets on occasion early on. unreal. were you surfing beaches or points?

rog

Nor'easters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	102435
    Skiing made me Board

So NE. Sweet.

NICE PIC!^^^^^^^^^^

this morning was REALLY fun too at exposed beaches. winds were light and perfect. crowds light due to cooking themselves yesterday and back to work. wed-fri look to be great!

looking forward to a november being a bit more active than october was.

rog

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't see any waves for the end of the week.

Just sayin'
    Skiing made me Board

WED-FRI

waves are showing up now and should stick around thru friday with waist-head, some bigger. tomorrow morning could be unreal with near perfect offshores all 3 days.

today thru friday could be one of the better 3 day stretches we've had in some time. as soon as my meeting gets out in north conway today at noonish, i'm headed straight to the beach for the afternoon. can't wait!!!!

rog

Happily wrong on that one, as I thought the High pressure over us, and the low behind it would force off the somewhat of a "hurricane" offshore.

As it turns out, we have a high over us that's stable, and going to clean up the swell that comes our way. All in all the size remains to be seen, but it might be with burning a day off from work tommorow.
    Skiing made me Board

TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by Breakwater View Post
    Happily wrong on that one, as I thought the High pressure over us, and the low behind it would force off the somewhat of a "hurricane" offshore.

As it turns out, we have a high over us that's stable, and going to clean up the swell that comes our way. All in all the size remains to be seen, but it might be with burning a day off from work tommorow.
    well, there is a wave out there. surfed 2 hours this afternoon at a local beach break that works well at higher tides. problem was the wind. big let down fer sure. choppy chop ugly. i thought the wind would've been more offshore. but still got some fun ones in the chest high range. good crew out, most of them i know, so that made the conditions a bit more tolerable.

tomorrow looks like the call. offshores and a bit of an increase in size over today. friday a.m. should be really fun too. i'll be out from 7-9am before work tomorrow.

hope you get the day free!

rog

Pretty good week.

Here's a beachpound photo.
    This place likes to barrel, but I guess isn't quite in the mood, and is going for a cap-over mushburger instead

I have a hard enough time just uploading photos, I don't know how you guys are doing the in-post panorama stuff.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0020.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	102723
    Skiing made me Board

pretty good week fer sure. today concluded 6 out of 7 really fun days on the nh seacoast for me.

today was pretty damn small tho. but, clean, rideable on the shorty with just a couple folks out. thurs/fri were really happening, yesterday was deserted and surprisingly rip-able in the gorgeous morning light. clean waves every day.

now we get a break for mon/tues and get back in the action for maybe up to a week straight from wednesday on.

snow couldn't be further from the mind right now. love it.

rog

I click on your photo, which brings me to a new window with a full siz pic. I copy the address and use that in the photo upload tool.

Loading pics here is a pita.

^^^ Saturday looked great...

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I click on your photo, which brings me to a new window with a full siz pic. I copy the address and use that in the photo upload tool.

Loading pics here is a pita.
    That sounds too C3PO for me. Feel free to keep doing what your doing with the widescreen business.

Skiing made me Board

DAMNIT!
    Our government is a bunch of deadbeats.

My home buoy joins the ranks of all those Rhode Island Buoys.

Buoy at station 44013 went adrift on 12/9/2011 and its last report from its moored position was at 0500Z. This buoy was recovered on 12/9/11. This buoy will be restored to service when it can be worked into the schedule. When the service date is known, it will be posted on the weekly maintenance report.
    Skiing made me Board

thread bump for leslie.

BUOY OBSERVATIONS SHOW THAT WAVES GREATER THAN 12 FEET HIGH EXTEND
    SOME 300-400 N MI FROM THE CENTER. DUE TO THE LARGE SIZE OF THE
    TROPICAL CYCLONE AND ITS EXPECTED SLOW MOTION...LARGE SWELLS
    PROPAGATING AWAY FROM LESLIE WILL AFFECT BERMUDA AND NEARLY ALL OF
    THE U.S. EAST COAST FOR MUCH OF THE WEEK.

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INIT 04/0300Z 24.0N 63.1W 55 KT 65 MPH
    12H 04/1200Z 24.6N 63.2W 55 KT 65 MPH
    24H 05/0000Z 25.3N 63.2W 55 KT 65 MPH
    36H 05/1200Z 25.8N 63.2W 55 KT 65 MPH
    48H 06/0000Z 26.3N 63.2W 60 KT 70 MPH
    72H 07/0000Z 27.2N 63.5W 70 KT 80 MPH
    96H 08/0000Z 28.5N 64.0W 80 KT 90 MPH
    120H 09/0000Z 31.0N 65.0W 85 KT 100 MPH