AZADI Trailer- A ski documentary on Kashmir.

check the trailer-check some other clips at the bottom. Get stoked. think winter.

film fest locations and limited purchase amounts available. surf the facebook page or website, B4apres.com

Welcome:

AZADI: Freedom”, is a cultural documentary as seen through the eyes of skiers. Set in the disputed region of Kashmir, an area deemed the “most dangerous place in the world” during the violent militant insurgency of the 1990's. What director Anthony Bonello and crew find in 2010 is an aesthetically beautiful landscape and people eager for Kashmir to once again become “a paradise on earth.” Whilst exploring the mountains surrounding the world's highest skiable gondola, the crew meet vibrant local characters, ski picturesque forests and thin alpine air. Through beautiful cinematography, interviews, animation and quiet pauses, this backcountry ski film will give you with a greater understanding of one of the most negatively publicized regions on the planet... and leave you yearning for winter.

Featuring: Forrest Coots, Colin Puskas, Chad Sayers, Peter Velisek.

Also featuring: Billa Bakshi, Yakub Dunoo, Arif Khan, Showkat Ahmmad and others.

Supported by Haglofs, Moment Skis, Icebreaker, Powderguide.com, Black Diamond, Biglines.com and Smith Optics.

AZADI-Freedom: Trailer
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/14403779"]"AZADI: Freedom" Official Trailer on Vimeo[/ame]

Check out these small clips from the same producer if your yearning for winter. Sure to get your motor running...

[ame="http://vimeo.com/7658654"]McMurdo Edit on Vimeo[/ame]
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/7796869"]Davie Whyte Edit on Vimeo[/ame]
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/8326438"]Chase That Feeling- Christmas Ski Party on Vimeo[/ame]
    Last edited by teamdirt; 08-25-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Post Azadi - Freedom, showing Friday 17 September 2010

Bump.

Reminder: The film Azadi - Freedom, is showing at the International Freeski Film Festival (IF3 2010), Montreal (CAN), Friday 17 September 2010.

These fellas worked hard to get this on, so I'm urging Montreal mags to attend if possible. The skiing & story will be interesting, and no doubt (after seeing pretty much all the footy taken at Gulmarg over the past few years) will be the best insight into this part of the world from a skier's perspective. Kudos to the crew.

The IF3 schedule is HERE.

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    BILLA represents - "my future is killing the powder" dude's as soul as it gets....

Good for the soul!

Thanks for the stoke, getting serious skiing deficit disorder lately.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Bump for stoke, anyone know what the music is in the 2nd clip? classic

The director AZADI, on his way to work:

movie is packaged and ready to go.

it has already won 2 awards at the IF3 for best amateur cinematography and best story line. Further more it has been selected for the Banff Mountain Film Festival's world tour.

So if you can't get to any of the premieres then get online and order a copy. The movie is not soley skiing-it has depth and is intriguing for ski travel. A must see and perfect gift.

I really have nothing to do with the film besides as an athlete but it is a pretty cool independent film so I have no problems standing behind it.

Check out b4apres.com to order or check out the b4apres/facebook page for more info.

Get stoked, start the shred, winter is coming!

already ordered, i cannot wait for my copy to arrive at my doorstep.

Post AZADI: Freedom @ Stowe Mountain Film Festival

Received my copy and am very impressed with the film - great work Anthony, Will, et. al.
    One can order the DVD here: http://b4apres.bigcartel.com/product/azadi-freedom

Attn VT heads: AZADI: Freedom will be showing at the Stowe Mountain Film Festival. This is the timing according to the current schedule:

Monday November 29, 7pm
    “Azadi: Freedom” by B4apres Media and Storm Show Studios “Miller’s Thrillers”
    Golden Eagle, Mountain Road, Stowe
    $5 Ticket

Bump for a great flick, beautifully filmed.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Anybody have this film with the credits wanna tell me what the piano pow segment music is? Yeah, this is a really old thread and the link is down but I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else.