Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hmnn, I have an idea of the shop but I am not sure. G/L with everything. Lets get some turns in this year as I live in a condo on Snowmass.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Hmnn, I have an idea of the shop but I am not sure. G/L with everything. Lets get some turns in this year as I live in a condo on Snowmass.
    Sure thing. Hit me up once the snow starts falling. Oh, and if you want to move to town instead of living in the Slow-Mass, check out [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198744"]Roommate Wanted: Aspen - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    So mount your own shit. It really isn't that hard.
    At least 75% of the bad mounts (tear outs, etc) that I saw in the shop are from people mounting themselves. The main difference here is you don't post about them on the internet. I mean who likes calling themselves out.

I fully support mounting your own skis if you desire.

OP, glad to hear they took care of you.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I've mounted over a 100 and I've never had one pull out. If you don't know the f' what your doing, that one applies to both shop and individual. No credit given to either.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

3 yo skis that have been drilled already, the shop might not be so apt to accept responsibility. This is why I mount my own binders. there are too many things to fuck up and most of time every fuck up is "hid able" until you really giv'er.
    Do you want to trust a 19 yo working part time that would rather be smoking pot and chasing girls to:

Measure your skis for boot center instead of just using the mark, Drill the holes straight and the right size, dip each screw in epoxy not over torque any screw?

Typically I don't, lately however Ive been having the shop just drill the skis to my predetermined center. It takes them 5 minutes and usually costs a 6 pack.
    Hello darkness my old friend

^^^

That is actually a nice compromise for all sorts of reason. The most important is that you know if it's right before anything goes together.

The bottomline in this thread is: No one cares more than you.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

The mounting pattern of this binding hasn't changed in 25 years. This is the first I have heard of an issue with an FKS turntable regarding screws being pulled out. It sounds like a wrong bit was used or the stripped the holes.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    dude, everyone messes up now and again. that is human nature. it really comes down to how you handle the mistake.
    This is true most shops will work with you to handle the problem and I think how you handle it when you go in there can effect the outcome. I know we try our hardest to fix mistakes and not that it happens all the time but I have seen binding rip outs or mismounted ski handled in many different ways
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

The real question is, Does this actually count as an August ski day since you slid down on your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
    The real question is, Does this actually count as an August ski day since you slid down on your ass?
    Well, I only slid halfway down on my ass. I did get at least 10 turns in

Bummer... That particular shop does have a pretty bad reputation in my opinion.