America's Most Sex-Happy Cities

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/metrograde-sex/

Denver. 5
    Seattle. 78

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Huh. From the 2000 census:

Men: 280,973
    Women: 282,401
    Not only that, but 116,703 of the men live on Capital Hil. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Sock View Post

Denver. 5
    Seattle. 78
    You did notice one of the statistics they used was STD rates, right?
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch_cumstein View Post
    gretch--go back to illinois.
    What? You make very little sense.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Denver. 5
    Seattle. 78
    Holy sheet, no wonder east coasters are so wound up.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Denver. 5
    Seattle. 78
    This list is full of places with lots of drunk people who have nothing to do. Denver was the only moderately cool place on there. Seriously.

Hugh Conway Guest
    This list is full of places with lots of drunk people who have nothing to do.
    duh, it's from Men's Health magazine.

Factors used to determine sex-happiness (stupid term) were:
    condom sales (Nielsen); birth rates (state health departments); sex toy sales (Pure Romance and babeland.com); and, for when either the condom or common sense fails, rates of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis (state health departments)
    So, by MH's logic, a town with more chicks on birth control pills is less sex happy than a town with a bunch of fat mothers with 8 kids. How fuckin' stupid. Of course the Bible Belt cities topped the list. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Factors used to determine sex-happiness (stupid term) were:So, by MH's logic, a town with more chicks on birth control pills is less sex happy than a town with a bunch of fat mothers with 8 kids. How fuckin' stupid. Of course the Bible Belt cities topped the list. Duh.
    You guys are awfully sensitive. You need to get laid more
    Last edited by Missing Sock; 09-15-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Huh. From the 2000 census:

Men: 280,973
    Women: 282,401

Interesting. I thought it was less than 10 years ago (but could've been longer) that I was reading an article in Nat. Geographic about population trends and ratios of men to women that showed as you go from East Coast to West Coast the proportion of men/women changes from more women on the East Coast to more men on the West, with the worst discrepancy being up here in the NW corner.

Guess that article was full of it.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    Interesting. I thought it was less than 10 years ago (but could've been longer) that I was reading an article in Nat. Geographic about population trends and ratios of men to women that showed as you go from East Coast to West Coast the proportion of men/women changes from more women on the East Coast to more men on the West, with the worst discrepancy being up here in the NW corner.

Well I just looked at the census for Seattle. That could be right for rural areas.

When I was at the University of Delaware, the male/female ratio was 28:72 so I would say to an extent that article was spot on.

Yep, seems like you need to blame your lack of getting laid on something else.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Not sure where you read that, Will. The demographic studies I've seen talk about a general trend that women outnumber men in most US urban areas, and men outnumber women in rural areas. It's an urban/rural thing, not an East/West thing.