Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    don't own a p&s. bummer.

cool idea, definitely adds some challenge factor.

I'll have some iphone entries shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by jce338 View Post
    don't own a p&s. bummer.
    go buy a used one off CL for $10, use your phone, borrow a p&s or borrow a friends phone, whatever...not that hard

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

ahhh, time to go dig up the ultrapod in the back of the car ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Went out to shoot the sunset tonight

Entry #1

and ended up bumping into this guy.

Entry #2

Both shots unedited from my iphone

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

^^^ DUDE. those subjects ROCK! amazing light you're working with there, if only there was some way of making a bigger, better camera that would do justice to that sick sunset and moosefriend.

Oh well, guess we'll have to live with iPhone pics until someone invents that kind of technology...

(all throwing turdnuggets at Lonnie aside, those are awesome shots, but next time crop out the land in the bottom of the sunset shot, it don't add nothin')
    Hail Ullr

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    you guys with iphones are having problems with the challenge? the problem is you.

"Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

as i was saying...

"Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

if you really need help using the iphone for more than mobile updates google chase jarvis. im done helping yall.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nihiles View Post
    you guys with iphones are having problems with the challenge? the problem is you.
    You do know that just because it is an iPhone doesn't mean it has a good camera, yeah? The iphone4 camera kicks serious ass and if I have one I wouldn't have been all shitty about this thread. The iphone 3gs camera blows and anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

if you really need help using the iphone for more than mobile updates google chase jarvis. im done helping yall.
    You're not helping, you're being a pretentious prick that has done more damage to this thread by posting 20+ pictures by someone else that aren't available to be judged. And for all the bitching I did at least I have submitted photos with my shitty camera.

i say stick to your guns, Lonnie. see how creative you've forced Advres to be already?
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    i say stick to your guns, Lonnie. see how creative you've forced Advres to be already?
    Yeah, you're right! I haven't cut out a stencil in like 10 years! Way to go Lonnie, bringin' me back to my roots!!!!

Sounds like an interesting topic to me. I think you may have given the micro 4/3 people a big equipment advantage. I was surprised that so many big camera owners didn't have a P&S.

Film would have been very limiting.

I remember a disposable camera photo contests that ran in one of the magazines awhile back (maybe 10 years ago). There were some great shots.

Nhiles: Great Iphone shots. I had no idea that the camera was that good. Which version do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    The iphone 3gs camera blows and anyone who says otherwise is a moron.
    pretty sure jarvis used a 3gs but lots of morons have written books. either way, he certainly did NOT use an iphone4. youre not the only one who mentioned iphone so why are you taking it so personally when youve previously been so entertaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post

Nhiles: Great Iphone shots. I had no idea that the camera was that good. Which version do you have?
    despite being a pretentious prick, i dont have an iphone.

Wow, 37 posts and only one submission so far. I've never seen so many whiners over a simple, irrelevant internet contest that pays out nothing.

For those of you complaining about no P&S, did you ever think about the guys without a DSLR as it pertains to the other contests? They're not bitching about being overmatched, are they?

advres Guest
    ....why are you taking it so personally when youve previously been so entertaining?
    I'm hungover, pissed off and just down right ornery for some reason today. My apologies, prick.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Wow, 37 posts and only one submission so far. I've never seen so many whiners over a simple, irrelevant internet contest that pays out nothing.
    You missed my 2 submissions? See, I guess iPhone photos AREN'T good enough to be considered real submissions.

This whole thread has become fucking ridiculous.

Shut the fuck up and post some relevant photos!
    "Some folks look for answers
    Others look for fights
    Some folks up in treetops
    Just look to see the sights"

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    I'm hungover, pissed off and just down right ornery for some reason today. My apologies, prick.
    accepted. now your third submission better be fucking hilarious. youve set a high bar for yourself. finish strong!

accepted. now your third submission better be fucking hilarious. youve set a high bar for yourself. finish strong!
    I'd expect nothing less than advres taking a shit on his iphone camera.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Hmmmm. My smallest camera is my full-frame DSLR, so I guess I'm out on this one. I'll be shooting 120 film the next two weeks though, so I don't feel so bad about it. Maybe I'll win one someday and require everyone to shoot 8x10...

All you nancies think Maggots can't take good P&S shots? Click here:
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195421"]Best P&S shot you ever took... - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    I'd expect nothing less than advres taking a shit on his iphone camera.
    The Apple Steamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    For those of you complaining about no P&S, did you ever think about the guys without a DSLR as it pertains to the other contests? They're not bitching about being overmatched, are they?
    I've been quietly bitching to myself about being outgunned for some time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    See the following chart.
    Lonnie, I think the premise of this MPC is great, but I do think your chart is pretty good evidence for why MFT should NOT be included. The difference is an order of magnitude from other "small" sensors. Add to that interchangeable lenses!

hey nihiles, can you change your post so it doesn't go so wide?? Nice examples though.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Lonnie, I think the premise of this MPC is great, but I do think your chart is pretty good evidence for why MFT should NOT be included. The difference is an order of magnitude from other "small" sensors. Add to that interchangeable lenses!.
    I see your point, the counter is that I don't think that many folks own a m4/3....
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Nice timing: spent yesterday snapping with the iPhone 4 and tinkering with some post processing apps. Not going to be for everybody, but it's fun to snap and tinker. My entries:

#1:

#2:

#3:
    Last edited by Southeast Maggot; 08-20-2010 at 08:41 PM.

#2 os a great shot. #1 & #3 are not visible to me. Check your Flickr settings.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    #2 os a great shot. #1 & #3 are not visible to me. Check your Flickr settings.
    Hrmmm, should be working now...