Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Registered.
    nice!

headed down as well.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

See ya there Marshal.

Course is open Friday to ride, but Saturday as well? I see nothing on the info sheet saying it isn't, but cant find anything saying it is, either.

out of curiosity, what is the shuttle scene? do we need to arrange our selves for practice, or does the mountain run a truck up and down all day?

ps- freson, give me a holler, i lost your number, but i am still at the same digits.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

They're running shuttles for $12 for registered racers, usually $17. Prolly better off running your own if you have the means.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Registered. Didn't think I'd make it, but it all came together today. Stoked.
    Keep it unclipped

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    They're running shuttles for $12 for registered racers, usually $17. Prolly better off running your own if you have the means.
    How hard is it just to pedal up the road to the top?

That road actually has 12+% grades, IIRC. bitch of a climb on a r#@d bike, even.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That road actually has 12+% grades, IIRC. bitch of a climb on a r#@d bike, even.
    That doesn't sound *too* bad. (Look at me comments removed by douche filter)
    Last edited by JeffreyJim; 08-03-2012 at 03:14 PM.

^ I am probably not as weird as you, but being the type of person who will commonly hump out loops with climbs on the road to get to some fun downhill I can't imagine trying to loop Dark Hollow.

So when you do loop it, and it isn't that bad, feel free to call me out as being a puss .
    Keep it unclipped

Thanks for the info! Sounds awful! Ha.

"If yer gonna be dumb ya better be tough"

so will the shuttle be running saturday? or just friday?

I'm in. Don't get out of work until Saturday evening so I'm gonna race Sunday with no practice, psyched! If you really want to ride up to the top, the Second Left Hand Canyon dirt road to Sydney Peaks trail takes a few hours and gains about 4000ft.

I'm in. This should be interesting!

to those interested, i am organizing saturday shuttles... who is interested?

backcountry1pr + 1, marshal, check.

jeffjim?
    joshp?
    ridevt?

anyone else have a truck? i can run 5 bikes/riders in mine...

pm me with interest.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Going to be a last minute decision for me as I think I'm headed to Oregon for a race in Sept. (to get my ass kicked)

I might be in for saturday Dark Hollow shuttles, still on the fence about racing the DH.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I'm down. Think the wife is joining me so she can drive us for a few laps as well. I can get a bunch of people in my truck. Leaving mid-day Friday to try and grab a primo camp spot.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post

jeffjim?
    joshp?
    ridevt?

pm me with interest.

ridevt, you have an email.

particle??? hello??? is this thing on...?
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

I'll be there all day on Friday, getting a few laps in on DH and maybe lift served as well (some great trails there, Timberline is a blast). For those that want to ride up to Dark Hollow / ride back to Brianhead, I would highly reccommend not doing that. The road is one of the steepest in all of UT and goes on forever (about 10 miles of climbing at a VERY steep rate, may be the steepest road in UT), you will be wasted, even if you are named Lance. Self shuttling is only fun if you have a dedicated driver, it is a good amount of driving in really rough conditions (hills), tough on your vehicle as well. $12 well spent to use Ken's shuttle or one of ther others (supports some of the true old-school lift /shuttle operations in the country, they need every rider they can serve). Blowhard is another most-do when in the area; the road just opened last week so the trail may be a bit rough this year but the ride /view is unbeatable. For those camping, go past the Giant Steps lift about a mile, look for last dirt road on your right just before the road turns up to the left, go in about 300 yards, some of the best camping right off the road in the country (over looks Cedar Breaks, Awesome spots in there). Brianhead really is a pretty special place and the support they give MTB'rs is top notch.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post

jeffjim?
    joshp?
    ridevt?

pm me with interest.
    Sorry, I have been working way too hard this week, and not spending nearly enough time internetting. Tuadog and I will be rolling in around noon on Saturday. Listen for the Ke$ha or Katy Perry bumping at many decibels. So stoked to get down there.

I think we'll be on the hit the local shuttle company plan, and I really want to get a Blowhard ride in for Sunset.

Did I mention that I was excited.
    Keep it unclipped

Holy crap that was a great weekend. Took me 3 years to get down for this race, but the wait was SO worth it.

Big congrats to Beaterdit for KILLING IT. Nice win buddy. Huge shout-outs to Particle for rallying down solo with an infant and racing sans preride, Tuadog for racing on a foreign bike due to some massive trail carnage and taking a 4th place medal home, Mr. AG for lending said foreign bike to Tua and for being the bacon master (sorry you got a flat buddy, next year will go problem free for sure), and to everybody for surviving some pretty epic rain and hail in their race run (I know Marshall got the brunt of it for sure).

Can't wait for next year.
    Keep it unclipped

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP View Post
    and to everybody for surviving some pretty epic rain and hail in their race run
    well more like you, me and ridevt
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

SO glad to have just missed the hail storm. Can't really imagine trying to ride a race with that going on. It was lucky there were a couple vehicles at the bottom of the course to take shelter in.

I've now officially raced in every weather condition... Rain, snow and HAIL! Couldn't see a damn thing for the last couple of minutes yesterday, OTB once and a another crash on top of that.

Can't wait for next year!

Nice showing by Team Wolfknife. If you were on a carbon fiber bike, you probably would have won....it is the future.