"Compact" With Decent Zoom and a Viewfinder

I tried seaching for this question assuming it has been asked before, but had no luck. I am in the need of a compact camera with a viewfinder and a decent zoom. I had an old Canon S2 that worked well for me as a camera, but it was a little bulky. I use my camera a lot while in the woods with my dogs and at field trials so having something that fits in my hunting vest's or ski coat's main pocket is important. I hate using the the LCD screen for pictures especially for action shots so I want a viewfinder. Problem is there doesn't seem to be any compacts with viewfinders around anymore.

I'm not very savy with manipulating camera functions, but I do play around with manual functions especially with faster action pictures or depending on the light. I also like the idea of having a decent zoom especially when trying to get a picture of a pointing dog. I saw a review on dpreview of a group of cameras that would probably fit my needs with the exception of a viewfinder.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q210grouptravelzoom/

Anyone know if there are any cameras out there or will be coming out in the future that are similar to the ones above, but have a viewfinder? If something is supposed to come out in the future (1 yr or so) I can make due with my work camera, which is a Canon A630.

Do you want an optical viewfinder or is an electronic viewfinder good enough?

The canon G11 has an optical viewfinder. A few of the SD series also have optical viewfinders.

Check out www.imaging-resource.com
    They have a camera search engine that lets you specify the attributes that you are looking for in a camera.
    http://www.myproductadvisor.com/mpa/...nputSummary.do

Another option is Olympus E-PL1 with the optional electronic viewfinder (VF-2). It is a pricey combo but the viewfinder is very nice.

There are a number of other smallish cameras with electronic viewfinders.

I assume a small DSLR too large for you.

The DSLR's I've seen are a little big. My S1 fit in my vest pocket, but after a while it felt too bulky.