Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by outabounds View Post
    Good God, what a horrible thread.

The only redeeming factor was truth talking about people who can't handle honest criticism and then staining his panties when someone dissed his overexposed copy of someone else's work. lmfao.
    Wow. This from the steel wool guy. Now that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    Wow. This from the steel wool guy. Now that's funny.
    Difference is, I know that shot is unoriginal and parts of it are wildly overexposed. The only talent on display there is the guy who can spin a nice even orb.

I don't have delusions of grandeur and, apart from laughing at your shot that took you all day to get and isn't as good as you think it is, I offer respectful constructive criticism. I'm happy to get criticism too.

Don't quit your day job, pro.

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    Quote Originally Posted by DeutschBag View Post
    You can do math! Congratulations!
    it wasnt me.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Quote Originally Posted by outabounds View Post
    Difference is, I know that shot is unoriginal and parts of it are wildly overexposed. The only talent on display there is the guy who can spin a nice even orb.

I don't have delusions of grandeur and, apart from laughing at your shot that took you all day to get and isn't as good as you think it is, I offer respectful constructive criticism. I'm happy to get criticism too.

Don't quit your day job, pro.
    The only thing on display here is your illiteracy. If you've managed to draw any of those conclusions from what I posted and why I posted it then you're even further off the deep end than our pal Hugh Coward. The image isn't the end all be all of anything, nor did I claim it was. In fact I'd never even claim I'm a halfway decent landscape photographer. None of that has anything to do with the fact that the clip art Getty stock image that Hugh posted was one I'd never seen and it does in fact suck. The only thing blown out in my image is a bit of the sky, but I expect that when shooting into the sun. I suppose I could have stacked another ND filter on top of the 3 stop reverse but it would have made the scene look alien. I opted to allow the clouds to blow out.

Quote Originally Posted by nihiles View Post
    nice

I'm at about 500 shots so far on my Chicago Trip - that's with attending a boring-as-fuck workshop from 8-4:30 every f'ing day. Between the Sears Tower (and going to the top), L. Michigan, the Married with Children fountain, the Adventrues in Babysitting building, the Ferris Bueller River, Navy Peer, a Cubs game, Soldier Field...... Fuck, I'm tired!

this thread is one reason i stay outta this forum a lot.

amateurs ask for criticism, pros never usually bother to criticisize. if they do, they are met with charges of being pretentious or arrogant. they stop giving criticism.

pros give unsolicited advice. it's met with criticism of being pretentious or arrogant. pros defend themselves and seem to get more pretentious and arrogant.

amateurs are easily butthurt. pros are easily arrogant. ne'er the twain shall meet.

i think bklyn's post had some merit to it. i don't practice what she preaches but i do like to take a lot of snaps on my outings. just by sheer volume, i train myself to know what shots are worth taking or not anymore. i still take a lot of crappy shots but it's a purification process, over time these start to get whittled out and you either delete them right away or avoid taking them altogether. maybe you still keep them but you try not to ever post them.

i think truth's photo is a great example of the proverb "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time. "
    - bible

however, you can look for your own style and improve upon that which has been done.

"Destroy. Erase. Improve."
    -meshuggah

Quote Originally Posted by khakis View Post
    Isn't that why the "interchangeable lens p&s" like the d5000 are so popular
    Can somebody explain to why a D5000 is akin to a P&S camera?
    Does it not have the same sensor as the D90 and D300?
    However many are in a shit ton.

bklyn is online now who guards the guardians?
    Try something outside your usual routine. You may be pleasantly surprised by the outcome:

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198370"]MPC# 53 Small Sensors (8/19-8/30) - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199125"]Small Sensor MPC #53 Voting - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    well damn if that wasn't an interesting read
    i'd like to take better action ski photos.
    advice links?
    Oh nice shot in pow mag C skis booze and boobies
    It spoke to me
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Try something outside your usual routine. You may be pleasantly surprised by the outcome:

MPC# 53 Small Sensors (8/19-8/30) - Teton Gravity Research Forums

Small Sensor MPC #53 Voting - Teton Gravity Research Forums
    After all was said and done, I think it's pretty cool that the winning shot was taken by a cell phone...
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    After all was said and done, I think it's pretty cool that the winning shot was taken by a cell phone...
    ...and also the runner-up.
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    ...and also the runner-up.
    And there you go...
    This is the worst pain EVER!