Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    at the bottom of the worst air in the USA

Seahawks/Steelers SB

Way to far post-fact, but a small admittance of ineptitude from the stripers emerges. Plus the rapist never did score.

Confessionhttp://www.seattlepi.com/thiel/42474...?source=pimail

Now anyone want to hash out Broncos/Browns or Houston/Buffalo?

Back to regularly scheduled decade.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

I always felt the Seahawks should've won that game. Too many BS penalties. But the NFL likes for a team like the Steelers to win, so they can play up all the "tradition" etc. That was probably the worst winning superbowl performance I ever saw.

Wahhh waahhhhh waaahhhhhh

Quick, somebody call the Waahhhmbulance!
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

that sb is one of the greatest arguments for the poll system in cfb

Whenever I think how retarded of a game that was I take comfort in the fact that I don't live in a shit hole like Pittsburgh.

I would rather live in Seattle and never see my team win a Super Bowl than live in Pittsburgh and win all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by crstlextrm View Post
    Sour Grapes non-sequitur gobbeldy goop
    Waahhhhhh Waahhhhhh Waaaahhhhh waaahhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

there's whining about the typical ref bs, which is lame, and then there's acknowledging bad calls of epic proportions on the biggest stage

you sound a little insecure about the "victory"

its not like theyre bringing it up out of the blue, theres a story here

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecandy View Post
    there's whining about the typical ref bs, which is lame, and then there's acknowledging bad calls of epic proportions on the biggest stage

you sound a little insecure about the "victory"

its not like theyre bringing it up out of the blue, theres a story here
    I don't really like the NFL. It's a bunch of whiners finding another excuse to whine.

suckpa, get yourself another guiness and prepare yourself for another cold, flat, sooty winter. must be awesome freezing ass watching others play ball in a recession rich region full of great life prospects.
    of course you may be Quaker, if that is the case, my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by PaSucks View Post
    Waahhhhhh Waahhhhhh Waaaahhhhh waaahhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
    The day we lost the super bowl I was living and skiing at Crystal. The incredible amounts of POW we got that year (waist deep closing weekend) helped wipe away my tears!

We should have won that game despite the shitty calls. I would not have been proud of winning the game the way the Steelers did though.

The fact that your handle is PAsucks is enough to prove the point of my first post.

The day we lost the super bowl I was living and skiing at Crystal. The incredible amounts of POW we got that year (waist deep closing weekend) helped wipe away my tears!

We should have won that game despite the shitty calls. I would not have been proud of winning the game the way the Steelers did though.

The fact that your handle is PAsucks is enough to prove the point of my first post.
    Waaaaahhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh waaaahhhhhhhhhhh waaaaaaahhhhhhhh

I'm done waaaaahhhhhhing now I've had my fun getting a reaction.

Crystal, all Seattle has over Pittsburgh is skiing, whatever. I'm sure it's nice but I really don't care. You can have the super bowl, although with Pete Carol as the coach I really doubt that is on Seattle's horizon.

I don't need the super bowl, the skiing is enough for me!

I don't see any good skiing on Pittsburgh's horizon.

I don't need the super bowl, the skiing is enough for me!

I don't see any good skiing on Pittsburgh's horizon.
    I don't know, the record snowfall from last winter, predictions of a big winter again this year, plus easy flight into SLC seems to tide most of us over. Whatever, like I said, Seattle has better skiing. Other than that, we've got climbing, world class biking and white water, fishing, hunting, great urban environment, cheap housing, three pro sports teams, lots of museums, good food, plenty of other stuff to do as well. Is any of it better than what they have in Seattle? I don't know, I don't really care. I like it here, you like it there, you like the Seahawks, I like to give you shit about liking the Seahawks, and that's about it.

well said pa, me thinks the guiness has been just good enough.

Umm...I am pretty sure the Steelers had nothing to do with those "bad calls." Several of the players have come out and stated that they lost due to many other bad plays that they made on their own.

This thread was about football, not the crappy characteristics of each respective city. To flowing alpy...why don't you try coming to the 21st century. I would take living in Pittsburgh over Seattle any day...as for Crystal...I will take our light fluffy Colorado snow over your sludge and fly into the Burgh for games. Enjoy the rain and the douche bags.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Other than the skiing and the Seattle Storm, we don't really have anything else going on out here, thats why I have time to argue about 5 year old super bowl results on the internet.

Im glad you enjoy your BEAUTIFUL city and your stellar football team! Congratulations once again to your fair city on a hard earned super bowl victory .

Congratulations once again to your fair city on a hard earned super bowl victory .
    Thanks...it sure does look good next to the other 5.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Umm...I am pretty sure the Steelers had nothing to do with those "bad calls." Several of the players have come out and stated that they lost due to many other bad plays that they made on their own.

This thread was about football, not the crappy characteristics of each respective city. To flowing alpy...why don't you try coming to the 21st century. I would take living in Pittsburgh over Seattle any day...as for Crystal...I will take our light fluffy Colorado snow over your sludge and fly into the Burgh for games. Enjoy the rain and the douche bags.

You can have your "light fluffy Colorado snow" and I'll keep skiing 5k vert runs into July. Enjoy your shallow, unstable snowpack and wasting money to fly into the "Burgh" for games.

Speaking of shallow and unstable, how is Big Ben doin?

Speaking of shallow and unstable, how is Big Ben doin?
    From what I read, he is doing pretty well. Two SB Rings and the chance to win several more tends to help.

I'll keep skiing 5k vert runs into July.
    Umm....what?

http://verticalfeet.com/

http://www.gottagoitsnows.com/skiareas/1043.html

Close by here in Seattle we have these things people refer to as "volcanos".

For the adventurous, they allow 10K descents in the winter and amazingly, they even have snow all summer.

Move upside and let the man go through...

Ummmm... you do know that across the valley from Crystal is a 14,410 ft glaciated volcano? Did you also know that it is possible to go skiing without the assistance of chairlifts, t-bars or magic carpets?

Thanks...it sure does look good next to the other 5.
    I'm surprised it took one of you Steelers fans this long to mention how many the team has won. Usually it's a bit quicker due to overcompensation.

Ummmm... you do know that across the valley from Crystal is a 14,410 ft glaciated volcano? Did you also know that it is possible to go skiing without the assistance of chairlifts, t-bars or magic carpets?
    I just assumed you were lazy....but glad to know you get out and enjoy your mountain.
    Last edited by gretch6364; 08-10-2010 at 05:50 PM.