Thread: binding again

binding again

just want and need short answers
    and yes i used search button ..
    is duke not capable of long and steep tours?
    fritschis freerides or eagel is more suitable for that?
    im light guy and dont do any cliff drops etc...
    duke in tours means lot of pain?

thanks

Duke is capable of that if you are. Fritschis are better suited for it and Dynafits are made for it.
    Dukes are ok to tour on, far better than trekkers but a lot worse than dynafits.

Check the new Marker Tour. Know a few ppl who have been using them this NZ season. Seems like a better fritschi to me.

I see dukes as an alpine binding which can tour- so is ideal for sidecountry, but not very appropriate for true touring. Downhill performance/durability first, touring performance second.
    My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...

i checked tour models f10 and f12 but seems that available widely will be next season
    and price is steep around 300 euros
    i have a chance to buy duke or baron for 200 euros but its f..king heavy and dont tour very good i suppose.
    i hate when its question of money...
    dont want to wait one year to be able to buy f12...
    dont know
    unless you guys have some touring binding at home and dont use them and want to send it to me ?
    or beter buy me a new one?
    any rich skier there who want to support me?

fritchi eagle seems like ideal for me ...but didnt ski them

I used Baron's the last two years and didn't mind tourning in them at all

Towards the end of the season last year sold the baron's and bought a used set-up with freeride +'s and didn't really like them at all. Yeah, they toured slightly better than the Baron's, but felt way less secure going down

If you said you're lightweight, I'd go with the Baron's (or Dukes), you'll probably like them

If you're primarily concerned about tourability and you point out steep climbing ability in addition to the fact you're a lightweight, I'd find a nice pair of used Freeride Pluses.

I toured for a while on Barons. I thought they were great, but they are tank ass and I had the stock climbing bar. The stock bar is fine 95% of the time, but there are times when a higher one would be nice and they are available (on the new F10's and 12 they are higher, I believe).

Since going dynafit all else is forgettable, though.
    Last edited by Johnny Sizzler; 08-11-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sizzler View Post
    If you're primarily concerned about tourability and you point out steep climbing ability in addition to the fact you're a lightweight, I'd find a nice pair of used Freeride Pluses.

I toured for a while on Barons. I thought they were great, but they are tank ass and I had the stock climbing bar. The stock bar is fine 95% of the time, but there are times when a higher one would be nice and they are available (on the new F10's and 12 they are higher, I believe).

Since going dynafit all else is forgettable, though.
    as you said freeride pluse should be ok,but i heard that its not compact enough
    after some time it starts to "move" a bit from side to side and contact with skis is not so solid.
    im after duke , i talso think about baron but difference in weight between duke and baron is not so big
    in the other hand fuke is more strong and tour ability is exactly the same.
    so i will probably end up with dukes torturing myself in long tours
    but,,,stil there is no good lighweight AT binding for optimum money..

im not talking about dynafiters thats another category-it is good AT binding

Judging by what you have said, you want Dynafits. Solid ski-boot-binding connection. Wide choice of boots with many volume and stiffness options.

no i dont want dynafits,
    i want marker duke

Dukes are just fine to tour in. Depends how in shape you are as to how heavy they are. They are a bitch in high moisture snow though as they tend to start gumming up with moist snow.

i will use duke from season 08/09
    as far as i know duke didnt change since it came up..
    so there is no diference between first and last duke except colour right?
    or is there any change?
    hope 08/09 model will not have any hidden secrets..as it is first line of duke
    anyone using them from season 08/09 till now?

Duke hasn't changed since it first came out. Mine are heading into their 4th season of heavy use.

Have fun.
    "Life's not a bitch. Life's a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy." - Aesop