Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Big Dilemma: Switzerland for x-mas, what skis to bring?!

Sister is going to Switzerland over x-mas break. What should she bring? Quiver:

175 Sumos w/Dukes
    168 Squads w/ reg. alpine binders
    160 Celebrity w/FFR
    158 Skogens w/ reg alpine binders

I am thinking sumos and squads, but what say you all? She is a good skier, avy trained and likely to want to tour, but no hucking will ensue.

Thanks!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

she should probably decide in the winter a few days before leaving and base it on the weather, and not decide 5 months before she leaves.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    she should probably decide in the winter a few days before leaving and base it on the weather, and not decide 5 months before she leaves.
    +1

Might also matter where's she's going in Switzerland.

Fair enough, but what conditions is she likely to encounter that time of year? How variable is the weather? Never been, so no idea...hence the newb question.

Besides, isn't this sort of banter the best part of the off-season? I mean, really, if we can't have a meaningless gear discussion now, what's left for us to do that doesn't involve cruelty to animals or brainless testosterone-laden stunts?
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

oh, and Verbier, if it matters...

It might be everything from low snowpack and bulletproof to bottomless powpow.

C'mon, folks, entertain me!

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    C'mon, folks, entertain me!
    Read above....
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

Oh well...And here i thought in Tech Talk the gearheads would swarm over this kind of thing. Thought for sure someone would be recommending adding rocker to the skogens, or cutting a pin tail in the sumo, or some other such silliness. What's wrong with you all? Got the Mondays on a Thursday? Guess I have to go be productive at work now. Sigh...
    ;-)

Thanks for the effort, though!

Is she touring? Headed to the German Huts? Skiing the pistes?

Be more like your dog...

Huts unlikely, lift serve and sidecountry most likely. Epic, really? But they're no fun.

128 responses about corn syrup, but here I ask a question about skis and all I get is "wait and see"? What's happened to us? Not even any requests for nekkid pics? (eww....it's my sister for crying out loud). Too many people actually working?

128 responses about corn syrup, but here I ask a question about skis and all I get is "wait and see"? What's happened to us? Not even any requests for nekkid pics? (eww....it's my sister for crying out loud). Too many people actually working?
    Feel free to post the nudes or point us to her latest/last boyfriend and im sure he'd be willing to provide.

IT IS TOO EARLY TO TELL YOU WHAT THE SNOW IS GOING TO DO ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE WORLD 6 MONTHS FROM NOW. IF PEOPLE COULD FORCAST THAT, THERE WOULD BE NO REASON TO EVER NOT SKI EPIC HERO POW. EXCEPT THEY CANNOT. SO YOU HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.

DECEMBER IS SUPER HIT OR MISS. VERBER IS SUPER HIT OR MISS. THERE FOR DECEMBER IN VERBIER IS EXTRA SUPER DUPER HIT OR MISS.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

if you want a legit answer, because she is packing tomorrow and needs to send the skis to shanghai first, welll....they are all small and light. bring all 4 and be covered.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

i can't remember the last time xmas had bottomless pow. its been a while (then again i havent been around the last couple xmases). we had good early season snow last year in november even then it went dry for a long stretch. i think christmas was pretty boney. even the previous year which was really good, christmas was iffy.

i dont know for a chick and i'm not enough of a gearhead to know the specifics of sumos and squads but for me most likely a pair of 120 waist rock pow skis would be a good bet. or some 78 waist pisten carvers if it's super boney. a touring setup that could ski the pistes well would be a good option.

Hugh Conway Guest
    oh, and Verbier, if it matters...
    Bring body armour and whippets for the lifts

I've been in Verbier for the past 18 consecutive Xmas breaks.
    It will be dry up to january 1 or 2, then some 20-40 pow will come, but the huge crawd will track everything in hours... unless you know some secret spots. I know these secret spots so advise your sister to be kind with me and I can show her the beauty.
    Do not bring skis, it's useless: plenty of good rentals in verb where she can rent the right stuff for the given day and enjoy some sticks that she does not know yet.
    If you believe I'm nuts for being able to predict this super detailed forecast for Xmas while still in early august, ask mulletizer here in TGR. I've spent with him the last 3 Xmas, and he knows I'm almost the verb major as for forecast. Actually, the verb major - john falkiner - knows I'm right. Or maybe John will be in gulmarg for Xmas and the verb major will be bob mazarei..... no problem, he knows I'm right too.

Can one really be snarky and shout at the same time? :-) Thanks all for the feedback, I will pass it along.

yeah man! its summer, just bustin' your balls
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Well, it's about time! For a while there, I thought NO ONE would bite! Sheesh! :-)

It is sad that it took the OP to ask why no one else asked about naked pics of his own sister! Actually, kinda strange?! But I like it!

So where are they? Deliver the goods! I'm growing impatient!

weasel...you're a geek.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Bring yer drinkin' skis. It's Sui in December!