Thread: liberty genome

liberty genome

anyone try the liberty genome? any idea about how it compares to fatypus alotta or line 130?

i have about 15 days on some genomes. i haven't skied the Line 130, but have skied the Alotta. the Alotta is more like the Double Helix. Holds an edge really well on groomers and crud. but the Genome floats way more easily due to the massive tip and tail rocker. the Genome is pretty manageable for the size of the ski. Best ski I have ever tried in powder. there's a little bit of sidecut and camber to it, so you have some ski to turn over and make normal style turns on groomers and hardpack, but it is definitely made for powder. i was actually really surprised how it handled groomers though. much better than the pontoon or ARG. my two cents....

angler 99 which A-lotta version did you try?
    Was it the only standard camber or the newer rockered model?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

to be clear, it was the standard camber version a couple years ago, and not the newer rockered version.

i pulled the trigger and got the genomes. angler 99 - wher did you mount? standard, mid or forward? do you have any sense of the diffrence in mounting position on thsi ski?

I originally put them at standard. They were a little hard to control and had so much tip and little tail. I only weigh about 145, so they are prolly a little long for me and that is why i had a little trouble turning them. So I remounted them 2.5 cm forward of standard and like them much more. I can control them much better, and they still float like a dream and don't feel too squirely on the groomers. I think if I weighed 20 more lbs, I would not mount them that much forward.