Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

woo's been a bad, bad boy

over at Empty Beer:

[ame="http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=637297"]Is the RFX worth the hold untill spring? - Mountain Bike Forums[/ame]

Killin' it!!!

That thread makes my head hurt. Partly because of the BB talk, but mostly because of the mythical unicorns flying out of my butt on golden rainbows talk about the RFX. I'm convinced the bike will never come out and Turner doesn't really mind the giant hole in their lineup when they axed both the RFX and the Highline. I see a Firebird or possibly something from Knolly in my future.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

But what happens when icegeek collides with his TGR alter ego now that you've linked that thread to this forum???

Great, woo, and CF/UC/whatever, that's the end of the world as we know it.

Oh, and D, I like that trail with my 12.6" BB

My head hurts just thinking about it.

Or maybe that's just the bed-time martini still talking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Killin' it!!!

That thread makes my head hurt. Partly because of the BB talk, but mostly because of the mythical unicorns flying out of my butt on golden rainbows talk about the RFX. I'm convinced the bike will never come out and Turner doesn't really mind the giant hole in their lineup when they axed both the RFX and the Highline. I see a Firebird or possibly something from Knolly in my future.
    Knolly or the Firebird seem like pretty solid replacements for the non-existant RFX, but the Canfield Bro's new One is what is really interesting to me.
    Thanks Shane

I just wish my URL wasn't banned from Empty Beer, or I'd have joined in the mirth.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    I just wish my URL wasn't banned from Empty Beer, or I'd have joined in the mirth.
    Post here what you would like to post over their and we'll just cross post it for you.

I think stirring the Homer's up into a tizzy should be a new summer time waster for Sprockets.

shirk -- heh heh heh.

I have a group of friends who join together in a round-robin email barrage fairly often, focusing mainly on the latest idiocy in the Homer Forum. We had one this morning about that linked thread. Sometimes the Homers are just an easy group of marks though... and therefore I almost can't be bothered.

Besides, when kidwoo is there to throw gasoline on embers, or to start the fire in the first place, I am happy to stand back and watch the roaring fire scorch a few Homers. I had plenty of fun on Empty Beer before I got banned, so I'm happy to let others have fun now.

It's always a strange mix of nausea and amusement when I read the Homer Forum "experts" pontificating on subjects where they have such mediocre or worse levels of skill, knowledge or experience. Sometimes I even get disgusted, when I think of naive people going there for expertise and getting, instead, a whole lot of puffed-up pretense from people whose expertise exists only in their imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj.slc View Post
    Knolly or the Firebird seem like pretty solid replacements for the non-existant RFX, but the Canfield Bro's new One is what is really interesting to me.
    Hmmmm...just looked that up because of you...thanks...color me interested...
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I'm joining and picking on the Texan

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Killin' it!!!

a new delirium replaced my Highline when it got stolen....and I couldn't be happier.

+'s:
    STIFF
    way more trailbike pedalable.
    lower standover, more flickable
    adjustability
    way sexy. not that the HL was a slouch in this dept.

-'s:
    a little less stable at full bore speed----> 1" shorter WB
    $$$$$

edit: for reading the rest of the thread. So true the homeeers are easy marks, and most from texas don't have a clue unless its about steers or.....
    one step forward, no step backward

Oh jesus. That's embarassing.

I'm not proud. Once again my participation in stupidity is in direct proportion to my procrastination at work. Now I'm stuck, and I'm a retard for playing.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 07-31-2010 at 01:09 AM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Oh jesus. That's embarassing.

I'm not proud. Once again my participation in stupidity is in direct proportion to my procrastination at work. Now I'm stuck, and I'm a retard for playing.
    I know some people will read this the wrong way but you have to remember that the vast majority of people who bike are overwhelmingly mediocre. And they'll always be that way. You'll get nowhere by telling them that (if they didn't know already) or reminding them of that (if, like most people in MTBR they mistake gear as a panacea for skill).

Man I just don't get how anyone can honestly believe that no one, anywhere on the planet can comprehend what they and they alone ride their freakin bicycle on. Like Sam Hill would show up to their trails and go "whoa, never thought of riding a bike on stuff like this!"

Oh well......all summed up in one word: TEXAS
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

you should also let them know that even the thought of needing to put a t40 torx wrench in their tool box is a deal breaker.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I know some people will read this the wrong way but you have to remember that the vast majority of people who bike are overwhelmingly mediocre. And they'll always be that way. You'll get nowhere by telling them that (if they didn't know already) or reminding them of that (if, like most people in MTBR they mistake gear as a panacea for skill).
    This can't be true! What, you want everyone back on high-wheelers? Gear IS skill!

"The new Turner RFX will make me beat Mark Weir at Downieville 2011!"

This guy asked the same question in the Pivot, Santa Cruz and Ibis boards.

Current response tally:

Turner thread - 102
    Santa Cruz thread - 25
    Pivot thread - 8
    Ibis thread - 8

Homers are passionate!

Quote Originally Posted by skiingnow View Post
    Homers are passionate!

Not sure that's the word I'd use. When the L or XL 5-spots came out, a few of them came back to turner with a broken top/tube seat tube weld. Turns out these big guys were sitting on their seats in g-outs. Brilliant.

Not sure that's the word I'd use. When the L or XL 5-spots came out, a few of them came back to turner with a broken top/tube seat tube weld. Turns out these big guys were sitting on their seats in g-outs. Brilliant.
    I guess they have balls of steal too!

Do what pete does and post using a proxy. It's fun to see him work his magic

shirk -- heh heh heh.

I have a group of friends who join together in a round-robin email barrage fairly often, focusing mainly on the latest idiocy in the Homer Forum. We had one this morning about that linked thread. Sometimes the Homers are just an easy group of marks though... and therefore I almost can't be bothered.

Besides, when kidwoo is there to throw gasoline on embers, or to start the fire in the first place, I am happy to stand back and watch the roaring fire scorch a few Homers. I had plenty of fun on Empty Beer before I got banned, so I'm happy to let others have fun now.

It's always a strange mix of nausea and amusement when I read the Homer Forum "experts" pontificating on subjects where they have such mediocre or worse levels of skill, knowledge or experience. Sometimes I even get disgusted, when I think of naive people going there for expertise and getting, instead, a whole lot of puffed-up pretense from people whose expertise exists only in their imagination.
    I've got to apologize man. I remember one time where I got on your case pretty hard for all your shlt talking about the people on that forum.

I honestly just hadn't been reading it long enough.

You were onto something, and I seriously jumped the gun. I hate the dichotomy of liking turner bicycles and knowing the retards DT has to design bikes for now. "7 inch, 11lb frame? Sounds like my next xc bike!!"

I'm sorry.

I've got to apologize man. I remember one time where I got on your case pretty hard for all your shlt talking about the people on that forum.

I honestly just hadn't been reading it long enough.

You were onto something, and I seriously jumped the gun. I hate the dichotomy of liking turner bicycles and knowing the retards DT has to design bikes for now. "7 inch, 11lb frame? Sounds like my next xc bike!!"

I'm sorry.
    You made up for it by giving me shit in here about my whining on the gap between the center tread and edge knobs on the Minion. Once I figured out how to ride the Minion, I understood. Now I don't want to ride those tires that have tread all the way across. And I finally understood the dislike for the Nevegal.

Which disproves that you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Do what pete does and post using a proxy. It's fun to see him work his magic
    I tried that for a while a couple years ago and the proxy program caused really slow interaction with web pages, so I gave up. I should try again.

What's 'MTBR'?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Fucking Haters.

Don't you get it?

Some of the greatest riders and most intelligent minds grace the pages of WankVille...err I mean The Turner forum.

There is such a wealth of knowlege to be had at the click of a mouse.

I mean...take suspension setup/tuning, for example. There's no better resource to refer to than watching the vid clip of Reneposuer "Rockin' the Spitty".

You want to know anything at all that has nothing to do with MTB's? No problem XC(off topic)Guy is your man.

If only Wheezy would return and start Franken biking the DWlink... things could really get hopping again.

"My rocks are gnarlier than your rocks!" - what a fucking joke!
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 08-02-2010 at 12:22 PM.

You made up for it by giving me shit in here about my whining on the gap between the center tread and edge knobs on the Minion. Once I figured out how to ride the Minion, I understood. Now I don't want to ride those tires that have tread all the way across. And I finally understood the dislike for the Nevegal.

Which disproves that you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I tried that for a while a couple years ago and the proxy program caused really slow interaction with web pages, so I gave up. I should try again.
    WHat did woo say? I like Nevegals but I also like Minions. They both drift beautifully.

MTBR forums are soooo slooow anyway. Budget Savvis webhost