Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    bwahahaha! Thats he lair ee ous!
    Good to meet you guys. LB thanks for driving. At least no bambi death. Rods are replaceable bambi is forever!

Bird hunter I will be at your place every weekend K?

No pics from either the S fork or the Buffalo. Fish were caught.
    Wind was stiff.
    LB adheres to the break as many rods as possible as quickly as possible and release the fish in 10 seconds or less.

We did drink far more beers than catch fish.

Worth the trip for sure. Thanks Schwerty for putting our small group together and the local info.

Whoever that ranger is up on that buff fork can suck the crusty poop off my bunghole.

Quote Originally Posted by lobstahmeatwad View Post
    Whoever that ranger is up on that buff fork can suck the crusty poop off my bunghole.
    Want details on this one!

Wish I could have joined you all...just getting back in touch after a busy guide/ranch season. Back to reality now...for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by lobstahmeatwad View Post
    LB adheres to the break as many rods as possible as quickly as possible and release the fish in 10 seconds or less.
    You forgot to mention my perfect execution of the painless hook removal procedure.

WYride: Schwerty directs us to access point, we make wrong turn, ranger deliberately mis-directs us away from said access spot. Without question, he totally sent us to an alternate and much farther away spot costing us precious fishing time, gas, etc. But we showed that fucker, came back later, found the spot, and avenged that lousy public servant by foolin some cutties, chasing grizzly tracks, and crazy knife edged mid-stream islands.

Worst. Ranger. Ever.

bwahahahahahahahaha....sorry....bhwahahahahahahaha ...sorry again, that fuggin' sucks, but it is kinda funny (I am sure it wasn't then). Sounds pretty typical. Kinda sounds like the crazy lunatic on the bank of the Snake who yelled at one of my guides this summer who drifted passed him. Crazy lunatic was yelling shit like, "this is my river, my hole, blah blah blah." People get pretty protective about fishing.

How was the BF? Hit it near Togwotee or by Turpin?

They were up west of Turpin Meadows. The ranger was out of the Blackrock station.

Can't wait till I run into someone pulling that BS again!

Man, wishing i was still in Utah so I could have gotten in on this. I miss trout fishing...

hmmmmmm...I will not mention names, but I know who you are talking about...what a shame.

When was the last time a ranger intentionally gave you bad info? I pride myself in reading people, this guy sized us up and either figured we were going to slay all his after work fish or just didn't like the way we looked. We were about 150 yards from where we were supposed to be.

"yeah you guys can't park here its government property."

Every ranger in every country I have visited has been helpful till now. Wait isn't your job to provide this type of service? douche.

What ev, over it now. We caught a whole bunch of fish and some decent size ones where he told us to go actually. I did see a badger swimming also and that was weird.

Didn't do to well where shwerty told us to go but what else is new. Haha.

I thought about posting a detailed map of his location and the location of where we fished but its shwertys spot not mine.

Yup...you are right, and you have every right to be upset. I would be too. I just blows me away at how territorial dudes will get over fishing. At least you didn't deal with drunk tubers floating directly where you are casting...now that REALLY sucks.

1. I don't mind if you post a detailed location for the incident. I'd be very surprised if that access saw any extra traffic cuz of it. I go to a number of different access points on that stream anyway.

2. Tubers piss me off. They have every right to be on a river too but most don't seem to use common sense or an ounce of respect.

i bet i have a pretty good idea of who that would be, too. would love to hear the details. have you filed a complaint with this person's supervisor? the district ranger? the forest supervisor? your congressman? think I'm joking? one complaint comes across as bad grapes, 50 complaints from different people from different backgrounds in different situations substantiates ....... nevermind. it doesn't matter, they'll still be around. i better shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    i bet i have a pretty good idea of who that would be, too. would love to hear the details. have you filed a complaint with this person's supervisor? the district ranger? the forest supervisor? your congressman? think I'm joking? one complaint comes across as bad grapes, 50 complaints from different people from different backgrounds in different situations substantiates ....... nevermind. it doesn't matter, they'll still be around. i better shut up now.
    I'll be happy to pay the person involved a visit. In a reasonable manner, of course. If I saw the guy, I'd prolly know him too. If you guys have an idea who the culprit is, feel free to PM me. I will not use a specific name in complaint unless asked to do so by the District. But, if I run into the asshole, I will be more than happy to address the situation!

Well, I made it back into Denver tonight. Thanks so much to the guys that came out drinking and fishing. A special thanks to the guys that rowed my ass downthe river. I have some pics, but won't get to post them till Monday.

In all I fished ten rivers this last week based on info provided by Schwerty, and I caught fish in them all.

All in all it was a great trip and a great summit...beers and much whiskey was drank (sorry for my drunk ass on Friday), fish were caught, and as mentioned...rods were broken. ;-)

Schwerty, I will get your books in the mail early next week...same thing for your rod Lexi. Thanks again for letting me borrow it...I caught many large cutties on the Lamar with it...and I didn't even break it.

Peace out.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

No apologizing for drunk assness, take pride in that shit. Still waiting for more pics though.
    the kids are all wasted on pot listening to heavy metal

Let's do this again sometime fellas. Spring in MT is my vote. Someone pick dates early.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    .I caught many large cutties on the Lamar
    Sweet dude, glad to hear it, that can be a fun river.

I'm planning a trip to the Bighorn River first weekend in November, 4-5-6-7th or somethin, any maggot interest in a mini-fall drinking summit? Should be prime BWO/Streamer time on the Horn and an opportunity to fish it a little less crowded.

Lexi...can you PM me your address please.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

good meetin ya gretch, thinkin it was that rum that gotcha goin...

GO WINGS!!!!!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Yes..it was good meeting you as well. It was either the rum, the burbon, or the bottle of crown you, me and Schwerty were passing around before everyone else showed up!

oh yeah, forgot about that Crown, thanks again Schwerty!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

So, here are a couple pics...sorry there are not more...but I am still no good at taking pictures while holding a big fish in one hand.

Thanks again the Schwerty, Lexi and Lobstah for the rowing. Nipple and Tye it was good meeting you guys and hanging out.

This was my fish of the trip...it is hard to tell just how big he is in this pic...but trust me...he was nice. Came out of the Buffalo Fork:

A rainbow from the Gibon:

Little rainbow from the Madison, just thought he was cool looking:

Decent brown from the Madison (in the park):

Nice cuttie from the Lamar:

and of course, the views are nice:

In all, I had the chance to fish the following waters during my trip:
    Flat Creek
    Gros Ventre
    Buffalo Fork
    South Fork
    Henry's Fork
    Madison
    Gibon
    Lamar
    Soda Butte
    Green

I had a blast on the trip, and managed not to get skunked on any of the waters. I did not always catch big fish, but I didn't think about work at all

The best day of fishing was for sure on the Soda Butte and Lamar....I fished it right at the confluence of the two, starting on the Soda Butte. Caught fish on the Butte, the Lower Lamar and the Upper Lamar. Just some really nice 16 to 18 inch cutties that would come up out of the deep pools and take a hopper. I was able to land a couple dozen of these fish, but I missed a ton of them. They would come up out of the pools slowly and take the fly very softly or bump it with their noses. I tried a bunch of different stuff and was never able to get an aggressive strike out of any of them. The best was the fish that swam a circle around my fly three times before taking it. That was awesome to watch!

Good stuff, thanks for the stoke

sounds like you all had a blast and had your priorities in order

-how did Maria fare during this affair?

Nice pics, Gretch!