Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Right Elbow Tendinitis Q's

Elbow has been sore for a good month and it now getting worse. The elbow is locking out as well and "pops" like cracking your knuckles hard when I try to straighten. First signs were during my last game of golf and since then can't swing, 10 balls out of a bucket and I was done Sat.

Iced of course and felt better...for a bit.

Looked up golfers elbow, tendititis, tennis elbow and the descriptions I get sound more like tennis elbow.

This is what it feels like

Is this something I should have looked at with the popping and stiffness or do I follow a simple "knock it off for a while then strengthen it" dealio?

Dentists please chime in!

the pop sensation is interesting. Not something I would associate with golfer or tennis elbow. Can you fully straighten and fully flex the elbow?

If not and it seems more like something is blocking your motion I would lean more towards a loose body in there.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Sometimes I can straighten it, can always pull it back in. It is the straighten out that makes it pop sometimes and the pop is painful, unlike other normal scar tissue pops I have had. Those don't hurt.

No fall, nothing but one bad particular golf swing. Even since the sucker can act different on any given day, but I obviously can't golf and wonder how a MTB ride would even be now.

Hate injury type things I can't pin to a specific accident or the like....

SO if I understand you correctly, your elbow intermittently seems to catch and you are unable to straiten it? Then when it pops you can straighten it?

If this is correct, I'd be suspicious of a loose body in your elbow.

WhiteRoom Skis

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
    SO if I understand you correctly, your elbow intermittently seems to catch and you are unable to straiten it? Then when it pops you can straighten it?

If this is correct, I'd be suspicious of a loose body in your elbow.
    Yep, and you really need to stop typing that last sentence.

sorry bout that. maybe see your doc and think about an x-ray.

WhiteRoom Skis

Just giving ya crap my friend, thanks for the advice. I am going to go get an xray soon enough.

tendonitis, tennis elbow, whatever you call it, this sucks. its been months. anyone have an exercise regimen or advice? i may take the needle, or get surgery. theres no way i can play golf with this.

i have a travel mug from costco that you have to squeeze a button to operate, fucking ouch!

For me. Prp injections cured it on one elbow and shock waves the other. Both have good theoretical underpinnings.

prp? roids?

I had elbow surgery. Worked well. Takes a long time to heal because limited blood flow there. I tried shots and therapy first. If you do get surgery it will be no golf for six months. Maybe more. Don't even think about it.

I've had tennis elbow 4 or 5 times from WW kayaking and the tinture of time will heal all maybe 6 months

what I found is that if I had to grip something like a paddle for long periods i got tennis elbow so I changed to a werner paddle with small shaft size so the paddle is just laying in my hand and I don't have to grip cuz gripping & pulling are very bad

those arm bands that wrap around the fore arm close to the elbow joint are good

its been bugging me a bit on the skin track this season so I shortened my poles all the way and use them walking stick/cane style ... ratehr apropo for an old fuck
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I used to have wicked tendonitis in my elbows when I was a serious rock climber and doing a lot of tweaky face climbs. Acupuncture seemed to fix it and it never came back. Might be worth a try because it's relatively inexpensive.

Platelet rich plasma. But if I were to do it now, I would try shock wave therapy. 5 treatments one a week.

I have therapy scheduled Monday. We'll see what they say. Pole planting for a day results in a pretty uncomfortable evening.

Start by using a forearm band, nice and tight. It will restrict the motion of your wrist. Get it at any big pharmacy.
    I had it in both elbows from shoveling snow, one particularly big year--ahh to have a year like that again.
    And stop doing what hurts. (Duh).
    Injections, surgery are for cases that don't respond to band and rest.
    Everyone wants a magic bullet. Bad news--if you keep doing what hurt you you don't get better.

Doc, it hurts when I do this...

I had tennis elbow for 18 months, way back in the 90's. I ran a surefoot and got it from pulling liners in and out of boots. I went to PT, had a couple injections, actually had surgery (which i would advise against).

I ended up getting this, and it was gone in a week. Pretty crazy but it works well. I dont know if this is your problem (foreign body in your arm).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

had some PT on it, massage, stretching, pressing trigger points, ultrasound. felt ok yesterday, sore today. doing the exercises. back for more thursday.
    Last edited by MMP; 03-22-2016 at 02:33 PM.

I think I have tennis elbow. Been a hot spot on the bony point of my elbow for a few years. It would get worse and then go away. Last two months it's getting to where I can barely grip at certain angles. Is this even worth going to the Dr? Everything I read says treatment is pretty much rest it- which is hardly an option. Not much I can do without using my right arm.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I think I have tennis elbow. Been a hot spot on the bony point of my elbow for a few years. It would get worse and then go away. Last two months it's getting to where I can barely grip at certain angles. Is this even worth going to the Dr? Everything I read says treatment is pretty much rest it- which is hardly an option. Not much I can do without using my right arm.
    Spend $12 and get a couple of these. I get golf elbow every now and then and wear these for a few days and it goes away. I get a hot spot on the inside if I let it go. Bonus is they work great with short sleeves on cold days.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i had epicondolites for years. Had cortizone shots, then surgery. None of it helped.

This is the cure all. A couple weeks with this and it was gone.

https://www.amazon.com/TheraBand-Ten...+flexbar&psc=1

https://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/sa...MaAq85EALw_wcB

this is all I have ever used ^^ what are you doing that is aggravating the elbow ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/sa...MaAq85EALw_wcB

this is all I have ever used ^^ what are you doing that is aggravating the elbow ?
    Anything with gripping. I did a long paddle three weeks ago and that really aggravated it. Fly fished two days this last weekend and now it's really bad.

I can still lift weights, but exercises that get me into particular angles hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I had shock wave therapy for tendonitis, healed in 5 weeks. Achilles, elbow, shoulder.

Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app