Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Who's wake surfing?

Who is inland surfing this summer and what boat are you behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    in a new feat of coolness i saw a kid on Armada fat somethings last week with Salomon 916s and Scarpa tele boots, that setup must give maximum performance...

We do a little behind my 89 Nautique when it gets ruff.

We do it behind my Malibu Echelon with 1,800 lbs of fat sacks

been doing it for a long time, 06 malibu vlx with vary levels of weight and wedge depending on how many people are in the boat. Love it, good option when the lake is too choppy to wakeboard.

some photo project of my sisters
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Much more interesting with a tow rope, around 30 it gets real fun.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Because of wake surfing, I own a wakeboard that I never use anymore.

We just picked up an Inland Surfer Swallow and that board fucking rocks. With the two included fins it's ridiculously fast, but a little loose. Add two more and it turns into a nimble, stable monster. Unbelievable board.

Oh, and ropes r dum. Skip to 1:20...no, I can't do that...yet...
    Last edited by Arty50; 07-27-2010 at 11:42 AM.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Up here as well, much easier on my old knees that wakeboarding. Oh behind a MC Xsomethingorother. It's my buddy's boat. Can't get a decent wave with my boat.
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

I will be in t-minus 10 days. Behind a few year old Sanger V230. Have almost completely given up wakeboarding because of it.
    Man, skiing is the easy part.

"He does this, he says, because he can. I think there is a little more to it that that, however. I think he does it because he can, and you cannot." - PacRimRider1 about Leo Brayman

Would love to try this.

We do, behind my buddy's Malibu Wakesetter. Good times.

It's fun, but I'll never give up wakeboarding for it. There's nothing like flying 10 feet up in the air, but I suppose it's fun when the water is too rough to board. Behind a MC X2 with 1000 lbs H20 and a bunch of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Because of wake surfing, I own a wakeboard that I never use anymore.
    Ditto that. I have an 07' Malibu LXI ski boat that I sink to the gas caps with about 800 lbs of ballast and the Wedge half down. I have a few boards with my fav being a Shred Stixx JaMako. So fun...

How fast do you have to be goin to ditch the rope? I've only done it behind my boss' calabria ski boat, but always with a rope. Seems like it would be more fun with out. Went this weekend and had a fuckin' blast.

9 mph......
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Worthy repost courtesy el hefe's sister:

haha, thats my fiancé (getting married in 2 weeks). My sister is the photog. painted her gold.

Speed varies on the type of boat and weight. 9mph to 13 or so. When we ride 2 boats its up to 16ish.

So you are running at low speeds with a bunch of ballast to make the wake on a true wake boat ,I hear some of these boat have ballast tanks with electric pumps ,do you use much fuel pushing all that ballast ?

My boat has 1250lbs (4 tanks) stock and then we added 1 650lbs bag either side of the engine (v-drive) so we have 2550lbs on switches plumbed into the boat. You try to slam the side you are surfing on with 65% of your weight in the back 3rd of the boat.

Last night there was only 4 people in the boat so I added 2 750lbs fat sacks in the boat and one 150lbs brick in the front. Nice wave with the wedge down as well!

And yes it does suck the gas but not as bad as wakeboarding with 3400lbs in, we can barely get out of the water with that weight.

so you ride between 2 boats what does that do to the wave , just make it bigger?

I seen a vid of pro kayakers riding between 2 boats doing tricks in WW play boats

I have a 2000 tige riders edition that we have 3 fat sacks in. I fill up all three (each locker in the back and the one in the front) and get most everybody to sit on the port side and towards the back. Sometimes you have to get people to sit in the front as well as the wake gets too steep. It's a lot of fun. Did my first trick the other day. Jumped up off the board did a 180 and then landed back on the board and kept riding switch (not the to road though)

That's my buddy Jim, I took the photo.

this is a pretty crappy vid of 2 boat surfing but you get the idea. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlGWa__GUrM"]YouTube- two boat surfin on Sammy[/nomedia]

It's cool because you can surf both the toe and heel edge on either wake, when you get back into the big whitewash area it really push's you forward giving a ton of speed down either wake.

Here's a pic showing the big sweet spot in the back.

Cool viddy El Hefe. I'm yet to try two boats, but now seeing it....have to get it done

^^ that's the guy whose pic is in the encyclopedia under "Knuckledragger" right?!?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Used to ski a lot. But haven't been on a waterski yet this year. Surfings much more relaxing and laid back which is just what this fat old man needs. Boat is a Mobius LSV. Fill up 3 fatsacs and adjust the trim tab. Keep the speed right around 10 mph. The more peole we can get in the boat the better.

We have started from the rear platform but theres been a couple times I want to jump from the board back on to the boat. Anybody tried this? Not sure why I want to do it other then its something I haven't seen done before.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Great Vid! I alway wondered what 2boats would be like, I'll def have to give it a try.

I'll try to post up some vids and stills here once I get my new computer sitched

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    We have started from the rear platform but theres been a couple times I want to jump from the board back on to the boat. Anybody tried this? Not sure why I want to do it other then its something I haven't seen done before.
    it's easy to jump back onto the the deck, just ride it in toward the back and hop forward. be careful of slippers conditions. we have a teak deck on a '88 ski nautique and it gets sliiiick.

I used to weight down our boat with three 5 gallon trash barrels, and a couple 35gals up front and behind the driver. you know your getting close to maxing out when the bumper is running lower then the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid