Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I swear photogs have to be some of the worst business types out there.

I understand its your "art" and all, but you go around plastering that shit around the internet, give un-watermarked photos to pros (even dumber than you guys are) and then cry like little babies when you dont get paid.

Im willing to bet this guy was asking some insanely high price in the $xxx amount, and probably edited the shit out of his side of the story.

Face it, the photog fucked up a bit as well. If hes so protective of his personal property, it wouldnt have happened in the first place. Send a watermarked photo next time retard.

Photo was taken down, even in edited down version they apologized, but something tells me this is a little more personal on the photogs side and now is seeing it going viral and hell get his name out there. No publicity is bad publicity right?
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

I understand its your "art" and all, but you go around plastering that shit around the internet, give un-watermarked photos to pros (even dumber than you guys are) and then cry like little babies when you dont get paid.

Im willing to bet this guy was asking some insanely high price in the $xxx amount, and probably edited the shit out of his side of the story.

Face it, the photog fucked up a bit as well. If hes so protective of his personal property, it wouldnt have happened in the first place. Send a watermarked photo next time retard.

Photo was taken down, even in edited down version they apologized, but something tells me this is a little more personal on the photogs side and now is seeing it going viral and hell get his name out there. No publicity is bad publicity right?
    maybe his version of the events is a bit one sided, but the emails from both grenade folks i'm guessing were reprinted verbatim. the photog did not fuck up. copyright law is copyright law.besdies, it's not like Chris was dressing slutty, cuz then he would deserve to be raped by....

It's my understanding that Grenade is saying one thing & doing another.I'm quite frankly shocked & have never heard of this practice before.

I can pretty much guarantee that Grenade thought, hah, somebody fucked up & we got a freebie,& then,now I've already used it,but I'm not going to pay for it.

Speaking of guarantees,a certain company offers a lifetime guarantee on it's products.When I send mine in because it failed due to typical use,the initial 5 people I talk to say it's not really a guarantee, that the product isn't covered,& I'm going to have to pony up for a new item.I finally wade my way through to someone that actually isn't paid to have their head up their a$$ ,& then they do right by me.

Sound familiar or didn't David Spade make a lot of money on a commercial lampooning this same thing?
    Calmer than you dude

That's teh suck. I like how the guy misspelled his own first name on the email he sent from his iPad...
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

So, do all photogs have a lawyer on retainer?

Please have your attorney contact my attorney if you would like to discuss this matter further...
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

What do you expect from a bunch of guidos from Jersey?

I sent an email as well...what a fuckin' cockwad.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

I'm totally going to write the evil man a nasty-gram after I burn a copy of the new "The National" cd for my bro, and rip those dvd I got from Red Box. What was his name again?
    Ima Hypocrit?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Heh - truth. Given all of the "XXYZZ steals photos" threads and bullshit it's clear that, for at least a number of businesses, it works often enough

Given Grenade gloves core market is assholes - why is this a bad move?

Anyone who has a sticker on their back window of a granade, or "jet pilot" or "unit" should just cut to the point and have "coke head!, with small penis and fragile ego" instead. But when your product is aimed at 13-15year olds, pissing people off becomes both a life style choise and a profession.
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Wow... I have seen the ghey grenade stickers and though they were the mountain bro-brah equivalent of the naked mudflap ladies and wanted to make a sticker with a grenade on it and a big fuckin ghostbusters X across it. Now I bet they actually get made- I want one!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I've been boycotting every glove accept Kincos for years.
    Alcohol Caffeine Taurine Hybrid
    If it can be done it can be won

Without a chainsaw silviculture is just a theory

I haven't read this whole thread but as a part of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/ if there is an online infringement the copyright owner can send a take down notice to the ISP they WILL take it down if you hold the copyright.

This is something that happens far to much in my industry of graphic design and in photography. period.
    Last edited by Punkmouse; 07-26-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Did my duty and facebooked it up. I suggest everyone do the same. I have to imagine this guys blog doesn't get the amount of traffic we could all produce by getting the word out there. The CEO mentioned some "grass roots campaign" well lets show him what a grass roots campaign is and put those fuckers out of business.

#1 rule in life for me is you don't steal. Seriously, thieves fucking disgust me and they have admitted using his picture and are trying to blur the lines of who's fault it is to pay for what amounts to probably a small amount of money for the Grenade business. But just like all idiot business owners, they will find the negative backlash will be far worse than if they just sucked it up and paid the photog his just due. Fuck them.
    closet case self loather?

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196636"]Any one else get in on the free tethering for their iphone with Handy Light? - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Punkmouse View Post
    I haven't read this whole thread but as a part of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/ if there is an online infringement the copyright owner can send a take down notice to the ISP they WILL take it down if you hold the copyright.

This is something that happens far to much in my industry of graphic design and in photography. period.
    Best post of the thread right there.

advres Guest
    When it comes to cellphone companies, I'll steal whatever service I can since they have been fucking us ALL in the ass forever. (PS... i don't know when I'll ever use tethering because it was slow as balls but I have the option now).

There are levels. Do I download music? Yup, because it gives me a good basis to see what I like before I buy. I have bought more music from bands because I was able to sample their shit first. Same with TV shows. I missed the Wire when it was on. I downloaded a few episodes of the first season and bought the box set after I saw how awesome the show was. Would I go into someones house and take their shit or walk out of a store without paying for something? no. There is a fine line and I'm pretty good balancing.

I hate seeing shit like this happen. I used to have it happen to me all the time when I first started, but have not had to deal with it personally for at least 5 years now. I think once you become a bit more "established" people are less likely to try to purposely screw you.... that and you tend to get a hell of a lot smarter about protecting your property.

The truth be told, there are a lot of slimeballs out there that will purposely rip off the photographer and videographer's just because they think they can get away with it if they don't recognize there name. Its Bull shit.

While I personally think the photographer fucked up by not watermakering the image, I dont see where he screwed up past that. It is pretty common to show athletes the images after a shoot for there personal archives and for them to show there sponsors. Anyone that is involved in this industry for any period of time, should know and has no excuse to not realize that images need to be licensed from the creator not the athlete. Any legit athlete knows this too and should make sure there sponsors contact said creator. What is extra fucked is this company is built around its imagery, and the CEO has even bragged about them having a strong trademark... this IP is no different than a photographer enforcing ones copyright, so yes Grenade does and should know better.....
    Taking the photo down, after the fact is not an acceptable way out, the damage has been done, and they should pay for the infringement.... Photos are licensed based upon exclusivity, once it is used, even for a web site, or blog, its value is greatly reduced.

What really pisses me off is that this is not the first that I have heard of Grenade doing this, and I'm sure it wont be the last.

gunit130 Guest

^^So is this wrong to post here?

I don't know, I'm thinking about buying a pair now....

Ya think these photographers have MP3's on their IPODS that they haven't paid for..?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Ya think these photographers have MP3's on their IPODS that they haven't paid for..?
    No, they're too busy beating up nuns and molesting goldfish.

Or do you make stupid ass comments like that about everyone who gets shit stolen from them?
    Living vicariously through myself.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    got this reply from the email I sent:

Its actually been paid and it is bad press for him he will never get athlete work again and it is great press for us our army site is getting hits off the chain
    I never spoke to the kid if he is your friend you should help him out and tell him threatening people is not a good idea for future endeavors the word please goes along way

Sent from my HTC Touch Pro2 on the Now Network from Sprint®.
    Ask him how he likes the HTC. I'm thinking of a phone switch.

Since I first started seeing those stupid stickers on cars a few years ago I have always felt they were douchbaggery, this saga just confirms thier image to me. Fuck that scumbag CEO! How the fuck do you run a company in this industry for 7 years and not know how the system works?.........Oh they DO know how the system works they just dont mid stealing. Flipping it though I am sure OP has learned the hard way.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    how's the view from up there?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Wow... I have seen the ghey grenade stickers and though they were the mountain bro-brah equivalent of the naked mudflap ladies and wanted to make a sticker with a grenade on it and a big fuckin ghostbusters X across it. Now I bet they actually get made- I want one!
    I think they're more the equivalent of truck balls than naked lady mudflaps.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    how's the view from up there?
    nice ttipsism

Its actually been paid and it is bad press for him he will never get athlete work again and it is great press for us our army site is getting hits off the chain
    I never spoke to the kid if he is your friend you should help him out and tell him threatening people is not a good idea for future endeavors the word please goes along way
    Yeah, I usually have to say PLEASE to get paid for my work. What a fuckin' lowlife!

Ok, so not only is he a liar but he sees his shitbag move as good viral marketing??? What a fucking piece of shit. Fuck you grenade, you assclown shit-for-brains fucktard douchebags. Howsabout you go back to selling TV boxes with cinder blocks in them to randoms down on Rockaway beach? Seems like it's a closer fit for you scheisty fucking faggots, go fuck yourself.

Grenade = Jesse Jones' new company
    Last edited by DoWork; 07-27-2010 at 12:51 PM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community