Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dead Smoker to Maggots: "Go ahead...have a bite." Maggots: " Ummm....No Thanks."

http://www.scienceduck.com/2010/07/0...es-of-smokers/

Apparently the nicotine-ridden flesh of cigarette smokers is so vile that maggots may refuse to feed on the corpses of deceased smokers. If you’re a smoker, I am not sure which is worse – having to pay $11 for a pack of cigarettes in NYC, or knowing that animals that otherwise feast on rotting flesh consider you repulsive. Gag a maggot indeed..

Just great
    I quit just in time to miss out on snus
    and now it turns out I am going to be eaten my maggots now

fuck.

I need a smoke.

JOKE!
    200 days without a cig!!

Yes Nicotine is a pesticide.

be happy anytime someone(thing) is sucking on you

1 week and 3 days without a butt.

Working on almost three weeks without butts. I did some snoose for about a week and a half but have been out of that for a while too.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

three and a half years since i smoked tobacco. fuck that bullshit.

it's easy. just DO it, and fuck the whole TRY thing. just DO.

road rage helps too.

I quit for 3 1/2 years without cheating once. I started smoking again about 3 years ago like I never quit. It was easy to quit when I was mentally ready but was impossible without the right mindset. I just found that mindset again 1 week ago and have been feeling good. At the moment I have no desire for one and have actually been calmer since quitting. I still think it will be a life long battle me.

Best of luck to all you other quitters !

advres Guest
    GOOD LUCK ALL!

My stats as of right now from quitit:
    Smoke-free: 1 month 14 days
    Saved: $215.48
    Cigarettes: 539
    Tar: 4.31 g
    Your benefits: Your overall energy typically increases and symptoms like coughing, nasal congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath diminish. Also, the small hairlike projections lining your lower airways begin to function normally. This increases your lungs' ability to handle mucus, clean the airways, and reduce infections.
    I like the constant positive reinforcement. Come on all, keep kicking tobaccos lame ass!

Good to here of some more quitters. I don't know if I ever was a "smoker" or not. Smoked like two packs a week in college...one pack during the week then one on the weekends. I have had maybe 5 since college, which was 5 years ago. I still chew between one or two cans of Skoal of a month...which I am not sure how bad that is for me. Just doesn't seem like very much. Good luck to all...smoking is way bad.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I saw a report recently that showed minnows cannot survive in water soaked in cigarette butts. According to the report, after 14 days, nearly all of the minnows in a bucket of butt-soaked water died.

I'm curious how many minnows survived in a bucket of fresh water for two weeks. Or what they were fed, if at all? What's the life span of minnows in their natural habitat?

I couldn't open the link, so I'm curious how much detail they give about the study. Is it at all scientific, or is it agenda-driven tripe like every other tobacco study?

I don't condone cigarette smoking. But I do sell cigars for a living, and I hope ya'll aren't afraid of the occasional "premium" cigar.

Friday the 23rd is my 35th B-day I will have been cig and MJ free for 6 weeks after quitting both cold turkey (smoked both of 'em for 17 years). It's all about making the decision for yourself and sticking with it. For me, my 2 and 4 year old daughters are the reason; I want to be a daddy to them for many years to come. Best of luck to all quitters out there-
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

1477 days without a kodiak and I want one as bad now as I did 1478 days ago. I dream about it and even spit while sleeping once in awhile.

Nice, Bondo! Now if I could only be in a mental space to quit this 23 y/o pack a day habit I would cherish it.

MUST DO. No excuse, just stress, and shitting, waking up, having a drink, working, assholes, relaxing at a view, coffee, beer, wiki, gathering thoughts before going to sleep, TGR, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    GOOD LUCK ALL!

My stats as of right now from quitit:

I like the constant positive reinforcement. Come on all, keep kicking tobaccos lame ass!
    You have that iquit app too huh

smoking in my mind just proves you have a weak mind.

I never started in the first place because its is pretty much the grossest thing ever.

The best way to quit is to never start.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post

I never started in the first place because its is pretty much the grossest thing ever.

Yet you didn't take that tack when it comes to cock sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Yet you didn't take that tack when it comes to cock sucking.
    ha must be a smoker

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post

Ignorance is more gross than smoking in my mind. I'm sure there are people in here that still smoke and have a stronger mind than you ever will.

september 15th 2009. not going back. you gotta go cold turkey. don't talk about it either, just asking for trouble.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    september 15th 2009. not going back. you gotta go cold turkey. don't talk about it either, just asking for trouble.
    I believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    Ignorance is more gross than smoking in my mind. I'm sure there are people in here that still smoke and have a stronger mind than you ever will.
    Really, that's not a very high bar to set.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    I'm sure there are people in here that still smoke and have a stronger mind than you ever will.
    He does have a point, though. It's hard to fathom why anyone would choose to start smoking in the first place.

congrats to all of you that have quit and positive vibes to all of you that need to....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Ok, so if I start smoking butts that means my flesh will NOT be consumed by a seething, pulsating pile of fly larvae? WTF!?!?? Anybody got a spare cig???
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Chinese beer, cigs & pyramid = King Tut

"If it wasn't for cigarettes I would never have had a hot breakfast"

don't miss it much really...every now and then I think a smoke would be good.
    It was a new years resolution, and Chantix that finally worked. I am not claiming success just yet, I have quit for a year or two only to start up again.

Is that a Quitnet stat Advres?
    Colorado recieved a bunch of money from the tobacco settlement many years ago. (Remember? to cover"healthcare costs" of smokers) they instead spent the money on balancing the budget and they created a web site: Quitnet. I joined it becuase I paid for it over and over. All tobacco did was raise the cost of a pack to cover the settlement. thanks for that.

So periodically I get an anniversary notice for quitnet and I check the site, tips, cartoons and a forum is aboutall there is there. The forum is no fun. Not sure if this is really helping people. They did buy a bunch of people some patches. I did that program once. Then a counsolor calls you to see how it's going. Patches are tres expensive...but like I said I paid for them many times over.

When I croak you all may dig in. what beer pairing would you reccomend for a range-fed hippy skier ??