Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ale_capone View Post

sam, I can get you into a commune farm in van zandt for 40g. really nice hippy tree house with a moon roof and a bed on stilts under it. hand tiled standup bathtub, solar lights, and an outhouse are just some of the ammeneties.
    Thanks for the invite, but if I'm 22. If I had 40k lying around, you can bet I would not be living in Kendall.

Crackheads aside, the skiing off 542 is grand when the snow is dry. Sure, the weather in the PNW can be 'difficult' but it's just a fact of life, not a reason to stay away or stay in. No one moves here for the good weather!

I don't see why some of the locals feel obliged to treat new arrivals like 'trespassers'. Who fucking cares if someone moves to the area to go skiing? Some of the locals might want to remember that living somewhere is not the same as owning the entire place. ( Friendly Reminder: the Pacific Northwest isn't your private property. )

Anyway, for the rest: have fun skiing at Baker this winter. It's a great place, there's great touring, and remember that you are absolutely welcome to come and spend your money in Washington. You're also welcome to relocate, and there are lots of nice folks who will show you around and share stashes.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Crackheads aside, the skiing off 542 is grand when the snow is dry. Sure, the weather in the PNW can be 'difficult' but it's just a fact of life, not a reason to stay away or stay in. No one moves here for the good weather!

I don't see why some of the locals feel obliged to treat new arrivals like 'trespassers'. Who fucking cares if someone moves to the area to go skiing? Some of the locals might want to remember that living somewhere is not the same as owning the entire place. ( Friendly Reminder: the Pacific Northwest isn't your private property. )

Anyway, for the rest: have fun skiing at Baker this winter. It's a great place, there's great touring, and remember that you are absolutely welcome to come and spend your money in Washington. You're also welcome to relocate, and there are lots of nice folks who will show you around and share stashes.
    GO FUCKING HOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_capone View Post
    orchard and 8th, Ben's shed in the trailer park, or hobo isalnd...

I considered taking A2's raft guide course, but it would have cut into touring season too much.

sam, I can get you into a commune farm in van zandt for 40g. really nice hippy tree house with a moon roof and a bed on stilts under it. hand tiled standup bathtub, solar lights, and an outhouse are just some of the ammeneties.

If i could live off of 542, it would be at that dudes house with the bowl in his polebarn. Tic, tac?... I forget his name.
    Then you really dont know Tak that well....... Dont think I have ever been to Czech road when the cops didnt show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post
    My giant ego smells like three day old fish.
    I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post

Back in the day you could start skiing at noon on a saturday and still get inbounds fresh under the lift. Those days are unfortunately long gone (even in a lot of backcountry areas), so you have to understand the need to defend the few stashes remaining. Also, no one actually posting in this thread can actually qualify as a true local since they have all relocated from somewhere else, just like the outsiders they are griping about...
    smoke crack and worship satan

Aw, nevermind. I'm not a true local... I'm from CA.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate View Post
    Also, no one actually posting in this thread can actually qualify as a true local since they have all relocated from somewhere else, just like the outsiders they are griping about...
    I was born and raised in WA (went to college in MT), so I'm about as close as it gets. Short of Donkkie (RIP)
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Back in the day you could start skiing at noon on a saturday and still get inbounds fresh under the lift. Those days are unfortunately long gone (even in a lot of backcountry areas), so you have to understand the need to defend the few stashes remaining. Also, no one actually posting in this thread can actually qualify as a true local since they have all relocated from somewhere else, just like the outsiders they are griping about...
    The few stashes remaining? What?

You guys do know where you live right? With the Olympics, the volcanoes, the north cascades, Vancuver island, and interior BC all within a days drive, you've got no reason to be fighting over the sidecountry at Baker. If you do it right, you could probably ski a lifetime in the PNW and never ski the same run twice, and maybe even never cross a track. Up your fitness and up your creativity, and you'll find the goods..... even at noon on a saturday.

In VT, i thought that argument made a little bit of sense. NYC and Boston both close by, large local population, and limited terrain, meant it was important to be a little quiet about your BC stashes. Even in VT we never crossed very many tracks though.

Quote Originally Posted by samthaman View Post
    The few stashes remaining? What?

You guys do know where you live right? With the Olympics, the volcanoes, the north cascades, Vancuver island, and interior BC all within a days drive, you've got no reason to be fighting over the sidecountry at Baker. If you do it right, you could probably ski a lifetime in the PNW and never ski the same run twice, and maybe even never cross a track. Up your fitness and up your creativity, and you'll find the goods..... even at noon on a saturday.

In VT, i thought that argument made a little bit of sense. NYC and Boston both close by, large local population, and limited terrain, meant it was important to be a little quiet about your BC stashes. Even in VT we never crossed very many tracks though.
    Hey east coast boy... you need to learn to keep your mouth shut... we dont need the whole PNW to turn into another version of VT..... and while there is a ton of BC options, we only have a handful of good snow days, so shit does get hammered the few days it is good.

Hey east coast boy... you need to learn to keep your mouth shut... we dont need the whole PNW to turn into another version of VT..... and while there is a ton of BC options, we only have a handful of good snow days, so shit does get hammered the few days it is good.
    yes sir

Hey guys, dis is way better than jerzey! Everybody move here, quick!
    Living vicariously through myself.

Back in the day you could start skiing at noon on a saturday and still get inbounds fresh under the lift. Those days are unfortunately long gone (even in a lot of backcountry areas), so you have to understand the need to defend the few stashes remaining.
    I think the problem is, this is true of most places. Crowds have increased everywhere.

Hey east coast boy... you need to learn to keep your mouth shut... we dont need the whole PNW to turn into another version of VT
    Don't worry, he hasn't spent a full year here. He'll be crying about the graybird/fog/dampness and longing for a place where the sun comes out more than once a month before we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    Don't worry, he hasn't spent a full year here. He'll be crying about the graybird/fog/dampness and longing for a place where the sun comes out more than once a month before we know it.
    I assume you have never been to vermont in the Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by deeppo View Post
    Vermont in the winter? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

You ain't never spent a winter in Kendall.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Then you really dont know Tak that well....... Dont think I have ever been to Czech road when the cops didnt show up.
    WHOA no CZECH ROad Hate.
    Last edited by levistewart; 07-30-2010 at 07:17 PM.
    fuck it

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    Vermont in the winter? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

You ain't never spent a winter in Kendall.

True
    Im sure your right. Washington is a horrid place to live. I am thinking about getting into meth so maybe i see you guys soon.

Quote Originally Posted by levistewart View Post
    WHOA no CZECH ROad Hate. place is for true bums
    Since George Dobis died Takuya Waters is my official nominee for the unnofficial mayor of Glacier. The man is a saint, genius, and capable of slaying some of the biggest lines on the mountian. Sure he has his "episodes" but dont we all? No reason to call him or the rippers living in his slum bums.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rippopotomus View Post
    Since George Dobis died Takuya Waters is my official nominee for the unnofficial mayor of Glacier. The man is a saint, genius, and capable of slaying some of the biggest lines on the mountian. Sure he has his "episodes" but dont we all? No reason to call him or the rippers living in his slum bums.
    Seriously... cut back on the meth.... its frying your brain.

Um, Dobis and Tak were/are characters, but I wouldn't put them in the same league at all.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    Um, Dobis and Tak were/are characters, but I wouldn't put them in the same league at all.
    The stovepipe at Grahams is my favorite Tak memory from living in Glacier. hahahaha

BTW, Woods is a bum, but he let me ride his purple Bottlerocket a few times, and the ladies love watching him make his tattoo talk, so he's cool by me.
    Last edited by BakerBoy; 07-30-2010 at 10:17 PM.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Lol I love how everyone discounts every place except where they're from.

"You're from tahoe, that's cool, but you've never skied real trees"
    "You're from VT, you might have a few trees, but you don't know anything about skiing steeps"
    "You might think its rainy and cold in VT, but you'll crack under the rainy weather of WA"
    "It rains a lot in WA, but you pussies don't know anything about skiing in cold weather like we do in VT"
    "think these mountains are big? you've obviously never skied in India"

OK everyone... WA has the most hardcore winters on the planet, the craziest tweakers, the ugliest women, and the stupidest locals. There is one good ski day a year, and gunder gets a shot of every single good turn made on that day each year, so other photographers shouldn't even try. Referencing my other thread: it snows a ton, but you don't need snow tires unless you're a pussy or a "flatlander" or someone from VT where there is never snow on the ground.

... and from inference I've learned that the dry side is dryer than wherever anyone else is from.

Anything else I need to know about WA?

True
    Im sure your right. Washington is a horrid place to live. I am thinking about getting into meth so maybe i see you guys soon.
    I hear its a great "pick me up", probably useful for dawn patrols and alpine climbing.

5 hour energy? fuck that - 45 hour energy!

Quote Originally Posted by samthaman View Post
    Anything else I need to know about WA?
    Only 8 hours to Rogers Pass.