Page 130 of 224 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 5588
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    jaja gotta laugh at the need to edit. i thought you were off in some fantasy of your decrepit mind. no? you back. thank god. we all missed you terribly.
    No he has been back and active on some small forums relating to Mammoth. He has so many haters over there its funny. Just mention Max-. His "Wife" or bring up his meth lab in Bishop and then his attempts at far flinging it come back to play. He was last year in Alaska and the tropics at the same time on different forums-He's gone from the scabby arms to batshit dreamer stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Curious if you So Cal surfers follow the 72 hour rule after rain. I am sitting on the beach in La Jolla watching at least 25 surfers 2 days out from Sunday's rain and it is driving me crazy waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yes-those are tourists.

Jaja bishop...meth... tropics while I'm working in a ak???? Nice try but you don't have a clue.....jaja

What's the 72 hour rule?
    (If it is what I think it is, then ... that's pretty fu)

The county recommends 72 hours for bacteria and other nasty human waste to disperse or break down. I've heard enough stories directly and indirectly to make me adhere to it . A guy died from staph a few weeks ago though he had a heart valve replaced and was older were probably factors. I saw a surf school teaching which I thought was odd yesterday.

License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

It only rained one third of an inch...I'm sure not much runoff if any at all.

The snow and outlook is complete shit right now. At least there are waves. Another super fun session today. Not of Friday's size and class, but still nice solid, long period overhead bowls. Got to play with the 6.6 a bit more. Finally really got a sense of how to tighten up its turn. Can't want to get back into some bigger stuff with it. Thursday looks solid, but with no window, I only get to spectate. Oh well. Sure beats jerking off on the internet from a meth lab in bishop.

I know it is wrong to lust to much after mere models, but the 23rd looks very nice on paper. Maybe will get to ride the big board again this season.

K38 Mex today

Another good round of swell to finish te week, more this morning, and more coming Monday. Winter has finally turned on. Watching that storm out there this weekend. Even looks like more utility could follow the big one next weekend. Winter has finally turned on.

Hey, can anyone show me how to hot link pics from the web? Looks like a lot of fun to do in between cooking batches and fantasizing about surfers in board shorts.

This weekend was fun on the island. First surf in a while. Surfed one spot where the current was just ripping through straight sideways. Full paddle to stay in position. I am not in surf shape at all. Fun waves. Warm water for january. Last year my feet were numb after a couple hours. Still toasty this year and there are a couple holes in my booties.

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    It only rained one third of an inch...I'm sure not much runoff if any at all.
    Where? AK? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post

K38 Mex today
    Lokk I googelz club marinaz and shows the surfszzzz-one forum he is in a tropical location and now heez in the AKZ!! jajajajajaaaajjaaa

Really nice waves at Scripps this morning. 10 plus set waves with strong offshore. I could see Blacks going off a mile away. Bet that was really good but I'm not good enough yet to kook up the lineup over there.Got cleaned up by a huge set wave paddled like crazy and thought I had punched through then felt myself lifted up and slammed down and held under. I'm having trouble making drops on these big waves where the whole wave closes out. They pitch so quickly that by the time I pop-up. I get pummeled.

Really nice waves at Scripps this morning. 10 plus set waves with strong offshore. I could see Blacks going off a mile away. Bet that was really good but I'm not good enough yet to kook up the lineup over there.Got cleaned up by a huge set wave paddled like crazy and thought I had punched through then felt myself lifted up and slammed down and held under. I'm having trouble making drops on these big waves where the whole wave closes out. They pitch so quickly that by the time I pop-up. I get pummeled.
    When the swell gets this size in San Diego you need to move to a reef break. Beach break with size usually closes out here. Look into places like Sunset Cliffs, LaJolla(Hospitals) ,Seaside,Carlsbad.

You will enjoy it much more when you have a face to ride instead or a giant rolling cloud

And Yes, it was BIG here this weekend. Very fun

was skiing juneuary snow in utah for this past swell. had some leftovers last PM. glassy, slight offshore, and only 3 other guys out. Still about shoulder high at my local spot, and def. looked bigger down the cliffs a bit. looks like a new NW filled in overnight. As long as the wind stays down tonight should be another good session.

I'm really loving the new board. I got sick over Xmas (not from the water) and didn't surf for 2-3 weeks due to sickness and family time, and when I finally got back out trying to paddle the 5'10" was a battle. It seems to take me about 3 good sessions to get back up from a long break to full surf fitness, but now that I'm there again my board is great. Turned it into a quad last night for the first time for the faster, more walled waves that were out there. Super fun. Definitely noticed an ease in paddling as a quad vs. thruster. Much easier to turn and get the board vertical than my old, higher volume quad, was. Actually a lot more fun turning on the wave then I expected. Quad setup will be the way to go for summer beach break I think.

I could be wrong but I think a lot of guys use quads in bigger surf to get more drive and then thrusters in smaller surf to get more vertical turns since the fins release easier

Quote Originally Posted by Piggity View Post
    I could be wrong but I think a lot of guys use quads in bigger surf to get more drive and then thrusters in smaller surf to get more vertical turns since the fins release easier
    I think so too.I think the quad will be better in rolly summer surf to generate paddle speed and get in early(ish). Slower, waist + waves though I'm really digging the board as a thruster. Last night I just switched it up to try and outrun the sections. Plus, since the option is there why not!

Anyone else get some today...?

Quads in tiny surf and very big surf. Thrusters in performance surf. The quad in big surf is because it has less drag and better hold on steep faces. Think of where that second fin is placed. With a thruster you need to draw a more vertical line or you lose that back fin. In small, weak surf, the less drag feature of the quad allows you to generate speed easier. When you are in the chest to DOH range the thruster is a higher performer. My big boards are thrusters, but if they ever get replaced, I'd probably go quad. Not really smacking or floating any twenty foot lips. Of course there is a lot that depends on template, volume and surfer preference.

Surf has been pretty damn fun since Friday. Today was a good bit smaller with surf just a few feet OH. Felt fun and playful after the last few days. Saturday I enjoyed a deep water reef with the surf running 8-12', with a few bigger rogue sets up to about 15'. Moved to a ledge on Sunday and holy shit was that thing heavy. Some of the heaviest stuff I've surfed in years. A bit smaller than Saturday, but felt like it had a ton more power. Got in two short sessions there Monday, and it was still pumping. Tonight, like I said, it dropped, but was still plenty of fun. Glassy conditions each day. Tomorrow looks good as well. Another moderate swell arrives Thursday.

It was really nice to get that ledge breaking like it was Sun/Mon. I have these memories of that wave being one hell of a slab, but recently I've been getting it in more fun conditions. Either shorter period, shorter height, higher tide, or some combination. Still been plenty of fun, and juicy, but not kick your ass, roll you, punch you, and spit you out kind if juicy. It was those days. My body is beat from every mistake I made. Otoh, I got so many sick waves. So stoked right now. Been enjoying the 6.6 each of the days. Super versatile from head high to DOH plus.

Blowing off shore tomorrow morning. Hope to conditions hold.

I'm out for quite some time: got a new ACL put in a week or two ago...

Ah dude. Heal up well.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    I think so too.I think the quad will be better in rolly summer surf to generate paddle speed and get in early(ish). Slower, waist + waves though I'm really digging the board as a thruster. Last night I just switched it up to try and outrun the sections. Plus, since the option is there why not!
    Cool, sounds fun. Another setup that works great in summer is large side fins with a nub center fin, plenty of drive from the side fins and easy to wash out the tail with the nub in there. One of favorite setups on soft rolly days

I started running the Solus late last summer and really like it for a small wave thruster set up. Side fins are double foiled, and the center is a small hatchet. Fast, especially rail to rail, and super loose off the top. Almost too loose. Actually would be interested in runnin a quad with the Solus side fin, and two smaller runners behind. Bet that set up would be super fast in weak waves.

Again missed another fun weekend of swell skiing hardpack in Utah, but had some good waves last night. Waist high, glassy, crowd left as the sun went down and the waves turned on. Love when that happens.

Should be good this weekend!

Last week was magical in Santa Barbara.

Was pretty big over at Scripps a few days ago. Big enough to snap my epoxy seed in half