Page 158 of 224 FirstFirst ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 5587
    Yes, I left on Sunday and it looked good down by the hook. My kid got out later somewhere. He showed me all the spots they like out of town. Pretty heavy stuff up that way. What a great place SC is.

It is pretty fun. Heavy, but kind of easy in town. I love Natural Bridges. Just a solid, heavy, long wave, but an easy paddle out and relaxing as you wait. I think it is kind of a special break, as it tends to not draw the huge crowds.

Speaking of crowds, I heard Mitchell's was firing lately. That wave can also be insanely good considering how close it is to everything.

I tend not to surf in town much when it is smaller, mostly due to crowds and bigger surf up north, but there are some damn fine breaks in town.

Yeah, he hasn't even surfed SL since living there. They opt for other spots north. He hasn't hit nb yet, but on his list. All about tides. He's been doing a fair amount of night surfing at pleasure...a bunch of kids are into it I guess.

I'll be back in town in a couple weeks. Need to hook up for a beer. My last trip was in and out quickly.

Sounds like he's got shit figured out.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

that is an unbelievable picture

#onlyasurferknows[/QUOTE]

Tell her she need not worry about the sick ones. It is the healthy sharks that are of concern.

If you boy is surfing up north, he has already been scoped out by the land lord and passed on. His flesh ain't clean enough. So that is good news.

In #fakenews, the surf was not even close to 13' on Pleasure Point this past week. Geez.

fuck, unbelievable day up the coast at the ledge. Crowd ranged from 2 to 4. 3.5 hours of surfing because it was so damn good, and clean, and unexpected, that I could not just leave and get on with my day after the first hour. Maybe a window tomorrow morning before we get more rain and snow.

Major yawnnnnnn.... cadiz spain.....yaaaaaaa nice head high wind swell and wow what a city....

According to Webster, the definition of "Party Poop" = ...... you know who.

Another fun day around here. Glassy in the early afternoon is a treat in April. Add to that a little swell, and it is even better. Surfed a spot that does not attract too big of a crowd. A nice little bit of reef that needs just the right amount of swell to work. Too long of a period and it closes out. Too little swell and it does not show. But when it is on, it is a really nice wave. Nice enough to get our kingdouche to let out a yawn, so you know that means it rocks. Put in another long session as the crowd went from 4 to 2, and the waves kept on coming. Can't believe how good the surf has been so far this spring. It looks like the jet stream is to lift a little further north, so that will fuck us with the 35knot on shore flow. It has been nice though. Maybe another week of good conditions, then it will be corn harvest time.

Back in malaga... killer double overhead windswell... water is warm enough for a spring suit...
    Mmmmm capas

Anyone else get some today...?

Been shifting toward more spring like, but waves have been decently consistent since late March. Mavs was breaking until about a week ago. Settling in to more moderate NW wind swell and small long period souths. The swell has been mostly a bit confused but certain points have been coming together. Cold enough for a full suit and accessories keeping the kooks outta the water.

Heading back to SD for about a week tonight. Have been mountain biking in UT, and haven't been back to SD since December, so no surfing for me since we moved last summer. I hope my arms are ready! (they're not) Grabbing my longboard Sunday afternoon from a friend, so hoping for some nice waist high clean conditions all week. Haha

Was able to book a spot at San Elijo in Cardiff to camp Sunday-Wednesday, staying with a friend Thursday, then up to Newport Friday and Saturday before back to SLC. Should have either a pre or post work surf window each day, but want to ride my bike some too. Hoping I've got some time for a few multisport days.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Heading back to SD for about a week tonight. Have been mountain biking in UT, and haven't been back to SD since December, so no surfing for me since we moved last summer. I hope my arms are ready! (they're not) Grabbing my longboard Sunday afternoon from a friend, so hoping for some nice waist high clean conditions all week. Haha

Was able to book a spot at San Elijo in Cardiff to camp Sunday-Wednesday, staying with a friend Thursday, then up to Newport Friday and Saturday before back to SLC. Should have either a pre or post work surf window each day, but want to ride my bike some too. Hoping I've got some time for a few multisport days.
    Keep those toes up! It's been sharky down here.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Just got out of the water at Carmel. Surfed ryms earlier in the week. Two notoriously sharks zones. Saw no signs of the land lord. Y'all should move North and get away from the danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Just got out of the water at Carmel. Surfed ryms earlier in the week. Two notoriously sharks zones. Saw no signs of the land lord. Y'all should move North and get away from the danger.
    Reminds me of the day I headed up to a spot north of SF and checked shark tracker. 8 tagged within a half mile of where I was surfing. Tagged. If there'd been ANYONE in the water, it would have been a surf day.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I started surfing when I went to college at UCSB. Back then, we really didn't think about sharks in Santa Barbara. It was great, because girls would ask if you were scared of sharks or not and you could say no, knowing your bluff would really not be called. I remember when there was an alleged sighting off of Isla Vista by a diver. We didn't believe it. Things have changed a bit.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

That would be a great post

Thanks for sharing the experience you suffered with us. It would be great pleasure to surf across the globe.

Been small here in Santa Cruz but plenty fun on the old long board. Dusted it off a few days ago and got two days in at Cowells. The sand bar is perfect for the log. Rode a different LB at Capitola yesterday for fun across the sand zippers. Then up to Scotts this morning with the Rick again for some moderate combo swell. Fun to get the board out in some slightly punchy waves but I'll be back at Cowells soon enough for the perfect 150 yard rollers.

Might have some decent enough south the next two days to get back on the short board.

Waiting for the summer season to kick in, looks my son and I will get another day on snow.

Past two days have been real fun. Mostly minimal shortboard surf, and some long waits. But super fun, fast, and today was nice and hollow and punchy. Hoping swell holds for a few in the morning tomorrow.

Past two days have been real fun. Mostly minimal shortboard surf, and some long waits. But super fun, fast, and today was nice and hollow and punchy. Hoping swell holds for a few in the morning tomorrow.
    What is the swell you guys are picking up? It is miserably flat down in Ventura, has been for too long. SW is all we have on the buoys, the angle is decent but it's like 1 ft so producing nothing.

Two SW swells. When I looked this morning one is 1.8'@13, the second 2.6@16. Also a NW 2@10. When combo just right they resulted in chest to head waves at the right spots. Sand bottom, with a rock ledge that drops off on SW facing stretch of coast.

Might be back on the long board tomorrow but we are expecting a 5@13 NW for Thurs and Friday.

A decent run off small surf. Santa Cruz county picks up so much swell, that if you know where to go you can often make something out of this back ground stuff.

I grew up surfing in Maine, so I'm well trained.

SC is truly a remarkable place when it comes to the amount and variation of breaks. Did not take long for my kid to become a complete addict. And when it's too big he mtn bikes which is also epic. Quite the place...if you can afford to live there.

Never too big. Especially at low tide. I've never seen New Brighton exceed 10' faces. And the tail end never more than 6'. And that is on a huuuudge NW swell. And that wave is the best thing this town has to offer if it ever gets bigger than head high. Roping 300 yards of barrel fest.

My biking is pretty fun as well, but I don't think I've been out for a ride in 6 years. Or since my son was born. Any free time has me in the water or working on the home. And occasionally I get a ski day.

Is your son here through summer or headed east? While we have better summer surf, warm water and New England is something worth visiting.