Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 219 220 221 222 223 224
Results 5,576 to 5,587 of 5587
    Not a surfer myself but was able to appreciate this article on the NJ surf from 12/18/2023, R”regarded as possibly the largest waves surfed in NJ’s history.

Worth the read, insane photos:

https://www.surfline.com/surf-news/m...-jersey/193222

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1703445473.800840.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	969.2 KB 
ID:	480551

^^^^Damn, that is offshore as fuk!

Going off in CA. Probably been pandemonium at Mavs.

A High Surf Warning is in effect through 3 AM PST Friday. Expect hazardous wave conditions with breaking waves 28 to 33 feet

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/TextProduct?product=afdmtr

Looked pretty torn up in some of the videos, but it looks like Santa Cruz cleaned up a little in the afternoon. Northern Baja is probably firing.

Shirley someone has some tails to tell about the Wild West coast surf????

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Shirley someone has some tails to tell about the Wild West coast surf????
    I don't personally, but I did watch this very cool vid.

The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.

Some heavy tubes in here.

Now we're talkin'! Thanks guys!

Great vid. Where was that?

Finally had a day were I felt like I was surfing. After a series of injuries in my mid to late forties and barely surfing the year I turned fifty living in Singapore, I was finally feeling adequately strong and on top of things mid November, but then went to visit my mom in Florida for a few weeks. I think I've surfed 6 days since then.

Last week there was a fading 7@12 and building 4@15, along with some other stuff in the water. I had surfed my old favorite ledge as the bottom of a scary cliff the day before and surfed decently, but not quite on my game. I returned and the swell was just a little smaller (that 7@11 was popping from a 8@13), and the surface condition was super clean. Plenty of surf, but nothing clean up size, so you could sit on the inside, outside, corner, anywhere and not worry about getting drilled across the reef. Fucking killer season of head high plus surf. I finally remember how to get underneath and in the bowl for an easy take off, solid bottom and top turns. Nothing heroic, but it good to be back up on top of the horse.

Of course, surfed two days later, in less than ideal conditions, with bigger surf, and did fine. But that I can blame of the bounce that day at least.

Can't get up to the mountains to ski, so I'd be stoked for some more clear and clean days. Looks like after Tuesday we could be in for a nice run of local conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Great vid. Where was that?
    Comments indicate Ventura River Mouth.

Ah. Even more insane. I was in the mountains during the entire run of big swell, so never even saw it here. From chatting with friends who were around, most of them tell stories of surfing down south, especially Ventura, between Christmas and New Years. That is some solid surf for that zone.

Been windy for past few days, Tried to find a window Monday, to no avail. Decided to MTB yesterday in Ord, instead of trying to make the surf work. Was over all a pretty good call. I'm sure there was a surf window in there somewhere, but the ride felt good. First time down there since returning home. Surf looked solid around the Sunset Beach area - I could see breakers from Route 1 as you peak the hill between Watsonville and Aptos.

Fun run up here now the weather has cleared. Would love to post pics but I can no longer log on in the ap or using browser on my phone. So..

West Cliff yesterday afternoon for the easy session. Head high plus at John's. Swift looked fun, but there was a bit more wind on it out there and my buddy prefers not poking the beast too much. By low tide it was lining up pretty nicely through Getchels off the top of John's Been years since I've been out there. It such a fast zippy wave.

This morning got back out up the coast at the old favorite slab. I was expecting head high wish based on the forecast, but swell really filled in and it was not small. Nabbed six waves in a little over an hour. No wipeouts, no getting sucked over the falls, no bailing the board. Few duck dives even, but one hell of a duck dive under a solid ten footer and my buddy a few yards deeper than me but sucked over the falls and driven deep from his duck dive. So a good session. Starting to feel confident again in solid surf, but really need to push the edge a bit harder. I had no wipeouts. Should have at least one. Tho I did go in because my leash snapped when I was pulling out of a bomb on the inside but let the wave grab my board as I flew over the back. Bye bye board. So I chased it in and called it a day. Glad to be back in the 8 foot plus and taking off deep and under the lip at rocky's.

Next few days look nice if I can find a window.