Page 1 of 224 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Anyone else get some today...?

Santa Cruz zone was the goods this morning. After two hours, I had to go to work and so bummed. Along the coast size is ranging from chest high to DOH and every where is having clean conditions in the morning. Found County Line with a slight crowd, a few feet overhead, some what consistent and thumping.

Bummer my wife is in Africa with our only camera, because the pics would have been pretty nice... except for the low hanging clouds.

This swell looks to hang around for a few more days and a possible back up coming into the weekend. Woot! Summer.

OB is a wreck today. I was coming back from San Diego over the last few, and had a great session at La Jolla reefs, then a really fun time at Malibu. First time out at the 'Bu, and crowd was pretty manageable. Couldn't get my brother out of the car at either spot to snap pics...
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I left the office a little early, so I'll be out there. Newport is a bit walled, but should still be fun.

POST SESSION EDIT: Newport was fun. A couple of feet overhead and reasonably clean for a 430-700 session. The tide was high, so it was a bit too bouncy, and it was walled, but some of the corners were really fun. The medium sized ones right around 57th street had just the right amount of bend.
    Last edited by Long duc dong; 07-21-2010 at 08:51 PM.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

I had to be at work at 730 but managed to sneak in a dawn patrol session. Sunset Cliffs in SD was good but would have done better on a lower tide, plus there was a bit of a south wind on it this morning. Still, head high on the sets led to some pretty long rides. I'll be back on it tomorrow morning.

Surfed north Cardiff (Pipes) yesterday. Again, it would have worked a little better with a smaller tide but I had a blast. Keep the swells coming.
    God created skis and surfboards to keep the truly gifted from ruling the world.

^^^^^not bad once I got out of town in SC.

Quite a bit smaller up here today, but still head high on the sets.

Been surfing Delmar the last few mornings. Meeting the Friday crew at Swami's in the morning. First decent south swell of the summer? I likey.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Oh shit. The swell that keeps on giving. Got out for a sunset session after work tonight, and it was good. Still glass at 6PM. Running chest to head high with a few bigger sets. And it was pulsing. Loving this swell.

All gone in San Diego Saturday morning. Now back to our regularly scheduled flat spell
    How much longer til winter
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

^^^^huh. Swell still running up here on Sunday. Saturday was good chest high plus and today seems to be building again. And quite consistent this morning. This swell just keeps on giving. Might head out again today and for sure tomorrow before work. I guess it is really the clean conditions that are making it so nice.

Lots of peeps down from the city this weekend. OB just does not deliver the south.

^^^True dat. The wind has really been working it over up here. I scored at Ledges on Thursday, and it was beautiful. Came around the corner and almost yelled. Nice shape, zero wind. Three people out when I pulled up. I had three waves in the first 20 minutes, and almost called it. People were coming out in droves, and I was hungover. Still down up here, but I really don't want to make the drive to deal with weekender's...
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Lots of peeps down from the city this weekend. OB just does not deliver the south.

say wut?! boystown gets *in EPIC on a swell with south init, its just almost never clean this time of year up there on any swell.

No surf for me this weekend, but I paddled 22+ miles, so I got my water time in.

The swell has died and it's back to flat.

Some memories of the past week, plus other highlights
    God created skis and surfboards to keep the truly gifted from ruling the world.

7 day run. Some days had a bit of bump. Some were crossed up. Some were weak. Some were small. But a few of those sessions were oh so solid. Thank you southy, for making this week so much fun.

Now we return to the usual summer blues - and the NorPac looks as idle as it gets. At least there is something stirring still down under.

I've got to remember the camera.

Central Cal is having it again. Mildly decent souths continue to pour in, with a nice bump up this morning. Little Rock was off the hook.

This

Thread

is

worthless

without

pics

"7 day run" and zero pic in this oh,so full of potential thread?

put 'em up, fuckers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Uppers/Barbedwires/Cottons was insane today. A couple of feet overhead, lined up, clean. The water was 60 this morning, which is cold for this time of year. Friday in Huntington was 54!
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    no, this thread is worthless. the 7 day run had a couple good ones and a bunch of meh.
    Yup. Hugh has it right. It was not even worth getting out of bed for. And it looks like this next week will be the suc as well.

Oh, and yeah. This thread is worthless, but, it is summer. So...

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    This

Thread

is

worthless

without

pics

"7 day run" and zero pic in this oh,so full of potential thread?

put 'em up, fuckers!
    Yeah. Wife had the camera in Africa for the first run. No real excuse for not getting some this morning. The sun was even out.

Anyway, on the way to meet my god son, I took a 3 minute stop at the Lane. During high tide, with the wind blowing, and low battery meant single shot only. Not that it was epic, but this guy seemed to be having fun.

The Slot was doing its thing. Fun enough.

Burst shot would have picked up this guys air

As I drove away, I got this shot. I can't imagine what I would I caught if I waited for a set.

And a few of these folks knows what is SUP.

Anyway, had to run and meet up with my god son. Hell, this is where I live.

I will try to get a few over the next few days. I can tell you this morning was quite good in a few spots up north.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Yup. Hugh has it right. It was not even worth getting out of bed for. And it looks like this next week will be the suc as well.

Oh, and yeah. This thread is worthless, but, it is summer. So...

Yeah. Wife had the camera in Africa for the first run. No real excuse for not getting some this morning. The sun was even out.

Anyway, on the way to meet my god son, I took a 3 minute stop at the Lane. During high tide, with the wind blowing, and low battery meant single shot only. Not that it was epic, but this guy seemed to be having fun.

The Slot was doing its thing. Fun enough.

Burst shot would have picked up this guys air

As I drove away, I got this shot. I can't imagine what I would I caught if I waited for a set.

And a few of these folks knows what is SUP.

Anyway, had to run and meet up with my god son. Hell, this is where I live.

I will try to get a few over the next few days. I can tell you this morning was quite good in a few spots up north.

Nice, thanks or posting up and sharing!...u didn't have to for me, I was just "Joshin' ya"

hey, Ott
    check out the waves coming up on the NE? Might be real good for the next week!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

It was all time. http://lh3.ggpht.com/_szlQbWtiVWs/TH...1.10%20006.jpg

Is that how crowded it is these days? Damn glad I moved
    does anyone still enjoy riding inbounds?

Good in So. OC today. Head high and only 2 guys out where I was. Arms might fall off. Soo much fun!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Sunday was great in OC. I surfed Middles(between Lowers and Churches) from 4:30 until 7:00. It was great, clean, lined up, and several feet overhead.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Nice, thanks or posting up and sharing!...u didn't have to for me, I was just "Joshin' ya"

hey, Ott
    check out the waves coming up on the NE? Might be real good for the next week!
    Hell. Should always carry the camera regardless.

Yay. Danielle looks to be shaping up well. Where the hell is the Danielle!! Woot, woot! thread. If all goes as forecast, it looks like the entire NE coast could light up. This could light up the south side of Timber Island.

BTW - I will expect pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Dude, that shit's totally "all-time"
    Mmmm. Let's see. I just checked through the thread, and the only mention of "all-time" is see is yours. I think the rest around here were using words like "fun".

No one will ask you to look when you do not want to. The whole pointlessness of this thread is to relieve some of the boredom of summer. And, I do enjoy the fact that I have been able to get out in the water and have fun so much this summer. Even when I take out the old log.

If you have known where to look, and your schedule has allowed, and with just a bit of luck, there was plenty of fun surf days in July. And the past few days have been great.

Sorry for you who are unable to find some.

Quote Originally Posted by whatcomridaz View Post
    It was all time. http://lh3.ggpht.com/_szlQbWtiVWs/TH...1.10%20006.jpg

Is that how crowded it is these days? Damn glad I moved
    That is about right for a Sunday. But take into account the fact that Sunday was perhaps the first good warm sunny day in these parts in over 7 weeks. That will always draw a crowd. Mix in a little bit of south, and presto.

I surfed that same morning with just my buddy and one other. And we were getting into some head plus thumpy bowls.

Sorry, no pic.

Waves are pretty big in Jersey right now. I've been waiting for these stormy conditions to pass, hoping for a day or two of some fun, clean waves. Stoked for what is, hopefully, coming.
    "Some folks look for answers
    Others look for fights
    Some folks up in treetops
    Just look to see the sights"

Left the office early on Wednesday and got Church's good. Yesterday I had fun at Barbedwire's, the spot between Uppers and Cottons. It has dropped but it was still shoulder/head high and fun. The water is creeping into the low 60's, but I wish it would climb back to normal summer temps. We have had a great run of swell though.