Page 73 of 224 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 5589
    TGR, what is going on???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hook119.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	266.6 KB 
ID:	138933  

Where is everybody? If no one is there, it must not be very good. And cloudy to boot. Try surfing a real wave. Check this out. You can tell its good cause of all the people looking at it.

Two weeks? You lucky fucking bastard.

maine report:

about the same as yesterday. waist high sets, clean, just a coupla folks out. definitely some fun ones here and there. absolutely gorgeous weather. nice to get another coupla hours of water time in.

i keep the thinking things must go flat at some point, but..........

damn those ipa's are good.

rog

Pfft...clouds and no line up - who would even want to surf that

Super fun day at State Park yesterday, shoulder/chest high, clean and peaky as hell. Got slammed on the bottom in like 1ft of water and it felt like someone just body-slammed me on dry land, it fucking hurt .

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    but it killed me to be more than a short drive to the beach and miss waves all winter.
    I totally understand, I spent the winter in the Eastern Sierra this year so I was 350 miles from the beach and it made realize that I could never live away from the ocean (any ocean).

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    Damn!! Got into town that morning for a 4 day surf trip and missed this Shit!! Oh well, glad all had a good time. Will be back each of the next 3-4 months mid to late month each trip so hopefully catch you kooks then
    Dude, we should be getting together every Thursday at San-O for the rest of the summer so please let us know when you will be in town next time.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post

Super fun day at State Park yesterday, shoulder/chest high, clean and peaky as hell. Got slammed on the bottom in like 1ft of water and it felt like someone just body-slammed me on dry land, it fucking hurt .
    was just walking the dog down to the beach daydreaming of chest/shoulder high surf been a good week since we had that.

I totally understand, I spent the winter in the Eastern Sierra this year so I was 350 miles from the beach and it made realize that I could never live away from the ocean (any ocean).
    tough problem to have

nice to still be able to get 80-100 days a winter on snow tho. when i'm motivated.

rog

San O tonight

Uncrowded rights.....too bad I like crowded lefts or else I'd say that wave looks fun.

Waves today, some chest high windswell and plenty of wedges. Maybe round 2 coming up.

Got in the water twice for 45 minutes each time today. Once on the 7'6" egg and once on the log. Made the right choice both times and must of got like 30 waves total.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Got in the water twice for 45 minutes each time today. Once on the 7'6" egg and once on the log. Made the right choice both times and must of got like 30 waves total.
    wave hog

rog

oh and uh the IPA does come in cans i guess. worked with my connection today and he said they may even have 22oz IPA cans soon.

drinking the 12 oz bottles right now. SOFAKING GOOD!!!

maybe more rideable surf tomorrow.

rog

yes yes more rideable surf this am with nice offshores. met a buddy at the general store for the best breakfast sammy's in york. fucking yum. buoy was at an astonishing 2.8 feet @ 4.5 seconds, consistently. well fuckit, i had the lb and he had his sup so we started south of the restaurant and caught rights almost to the bathouse and lefts back to the cars. 2 hours had some super fun 75+ yards rights from out front of the restaurant rocks, over the shallow rock reef and right to the beach. perfectly formed thigh high sets rolling through. super fun!

gorgeous morning with just a few folks out. may head up to the rivermouth for a low tide sesh in a coupla hours.

woot!

rog

oh, and new update on the SPANCER front. to add to my beer SPANCERSHIP, i'm now on the MARMOT test team for next winter. yay! BEER and GEAR!!!.

rog

^gear testing? More importantly, what kinda beer?

Met 2 buddies for a session from 9-10:30am, couple fun windswell peaks still coming through. WSW wind seems to have popped up in the past couple hours, just drove by a protected South wind spot in LJ and it was still nice and clean. Might have to drive back down there or wait for an evening glass off and go local. Big high tide later so it's either a fat tide or wind, pick your poison

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    Just got back from 2 weeks of this.

Hopefully this will balance out some of the goddamn JONGness of this thread.
    Need more pics, with actual surfers, to come even close to balancing the goddam JONGness and KOOKdom in this thread. Please supply.

And I put in another double session yesterday. Threw some smaller fins on the 6' an made the most of the small slop in the morning. Returned to the point with the long board an battled the huge summer crowd for thigh high peelers. Plenty of fun, but I'm starting to get board with the small surf.
    Last edited by Ottime; 06-23-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Now I know these pics aren’t of some cloudy, obscure right, with no one on it, but it they will have to do .

Went down to Lowers today to hand out some Carver skateboards to the ISA junior world champs and the future olympic surf team (if surfing is allowed in Brazil).

The future olympic surf team, hopefully.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Fun day at San O on Saturday. Hung out for the day, had some lunch, etc. Surfing got better as the day went on and wind died a little bit. GF and I took a walk up the beach to check out the contest at Lowers - those kids are good!

Sunday just had an afternoon session as the tide came back in. Some fun waves, but a group of 3 SUPs being lame and taking most of the sets from way outside. That's fine, I guess, since they're in position, but when they started dropping on the shoulder of the inside waves it got real annoying. Better waves/conditions than I'd expected though.

Heading back to VT for about 10 days this Friday. Already beginning to go into surf withdrawal.

Went down to Lowers today to hand out some Carver skateboards
    .... how 'bout handing me one of those things?? In the market for one ....
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    .... how 'bout handing me one of those things?? In the market for one ....
    Pretty sure I can get you one for cost, let me confirm and I will get back to you via PM.

pw - san o tomorrow night this week, not thursday, if you're interested

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    pw - san o tomorrow night this week, not thursday, if you're interested
    Sounds good, wife will be in VT so I will be solo but there should be some decent swell tomorrow. Should be fun....

longboard and trunks, just trunks yesterday and today. small and clean. maybe i'll just trunk it through mid september. fuckit

water 60 yesterday and 62 today. air temp 90's. a few more degrees for the water would be lovely. more meaningful swell for the weekend, of course(rollseyes). hopefully the lil board can come out to play.

rog

Pretty sure I can get you one for cost, let me confirm and I will get back to you via PM.
    Damn!! Muchos Gracias P-Dub 7!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Just returned from a gathering of families camp trip at Plaskett Creek. Surf was quite good considering what I has Sunday evening locally and what was forecast. Mid day Tuesday gave me a good sunburn due to four hours of relatively consistent waist to head high lefts. Got a fair number of the folks on the trip in the water and few came out to the peak to play around. Never saw more than six out at a time and I just headed in when folks were out the water eating breakfast/lunch/dinner or doing whatever one might do in big sur other than surf. And f looked super clear water and clean on the way home today. Hard to tell size but I think I saw a big board out there. No chance of going down with the sleeping toddler.

Pretty fun brunch session at State Park today, overhead, glassy, and some real decent corners & pits. Been surfing the 5’11” exclusively for two weeks now, good stuff....