Page 179 of 224 FirstFirst ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 5588
    Even Linda mar was great yesterday. Too bad somebody ran into my board on my second wave. Off to the ding kingdom.

Chest to head high surf in southwest crete... locals said keep it quiet where exactly it is......beautiful water...trunkable and obviously since in Europe a topless beach

This last week has been great. Tues/Wed/Thurs were all awesome, head high + at 36th street and peaky. Saturday was a sneaker day, on the cams it did not look worth it, but I figured why not. I paddled out at 56th street to shoulder high peaks with decent shape and only a bit of wind. The current was a bitch, I surfed for 2 hours and it felt like 4, but the crowd was light and there were peaks all over the place. Sunday was pretty much the same as Saturday, I could not believe I was getting decent surf on a holiday weekend in Newport with few people out. After how bad this winter was May has been great down here.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Tropical Storm Alberto has been good to us in Pensacola, head high sets for the past two days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1409.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	237375

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1410.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	237376

Always nice getting surf on the gulf coast. Would be a good time for me to visit my mom in Naples. Never seen that stretch of coast more than ankle high.

Still some small swell up here, but mostly spring like in nature again.

Anyone here ever surf in south eastern France? I’m going to be on Cap Legget for a week in late July, and am looking for any beta. I know it is off season, but if any surf does pop up, I’ll have the time to get in the water. Info on breaks and rentals much appreciated. Maybe I can get some help from our board’s world traveler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Always nice getting surf on the gulf coast. Would be a good time for me to visit my mom in Naples. Never seen that stretch of coast more than ankle high.

Still some small swell up here, but mostly spring like in nature again.

Anyone here ever surf in south eastern France? I’m going to be on Cap Legget for a week in late July, and am looking for any beta. I know it is off season, but if any surf does pop up, I’ll have the time to get in the water. Info on breaks and rentals much appreciated. Maybe I can get some help from our board’s world traveler.
    I would think he would know lots about not only the waves there, but also the women.

Last weekend was actually more fun than expected in Newport. Waist high up at 68th, but with good shape, snappy little peaks. Looks like it should pump from Sunday until around the 21st. HB pier is surfable right now, but I'm going to take a couple of days off and let my paddling muscles rest before this coming round of swell.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Ottime I was in the south of France around this time last year and it was flat..maybe if the wind picks up you might find some knee high.if you're wanting to surf your best bet is to head over to Malaga or the beaches north of tarifa, I saw plenty of waves in spain. I Googled cap legget and there's no such place that I could find.... BTW it's called the south of France or the French Riviera... southeastern France?? Jaja... and you will be there in prime high season... people galore and highest prices of the year... best time n possible waves is spring and fall.

A fun last few days here.

I had a window on Friday and went to south hb pier without much expectation. It ended up being shoulder high and fun, a bit soft but with good shape. The water has warmed to the mid-60's. Yesterday I still did not expect much, but tower 68 in Newport ended up being shoulder high+ and punchy, really fun wedges. Amazingly enough it was not all that crowded, I had a peak with only a couple of other guys. Today the swell arrived, and it was not as fun. I surfed around 60th street Newport and it was a foot overhead and mostly closed out. It was too walled. I had some fun ones, but you really had to pick and choose. I should have gone to Trestles or hb, hb handles overhead swell better than Newport. My buddies who went to hb had a blast. I found a parking spot checking Newport and decided to stay there. I hope the rest of you guys are getting some.

Ott,

Where specifically will you be? I've only been to Monte Carlo, and that was a blast, but there was no surf there. Wind surfing is popular on the Mediterranean, I saw some guys doing it in Italy. You will be very lucky to score surf on the Mediterranean, but we still had a blast in Monte Carlo. It was overpriced, pretentious and absolutely worth it. I like wind surfing, and I think if I lived on the Mediterranean coast I would probably get really into it. We water skied on the Mediterranean. The water was super warm.

Here is wannasurf for the Mediterranean coast of France. Wannasurf is not always reliable, but it might help some.

https://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Europ...ean/index.html

Wow, what a swell. Yesterday might have been the best day I have had in a couple of years. I got up at 5 am and worked until around 1, then jumped in the car and drove down to Trestles. I got in the water just after 2. Cotton's was several feet overhead, pushing double overhead, but breaking softly and very far out. It would flatten out. Barbedwire's, which is about 100 yards south of Cotton's, ended up being much better. On the sets it was a couple of feet overhead and super lined up, really acting more like a left pointbreak. Between sets there were nice little shoulder to head high peaks to pick up, so there was never too much of a lull. There was a solid crowd, but there were so many peaks, and they were so spread out, that it was not a problem. I surfed for more than three hours before my arms gave out. I got a couple of the best waves I have gotten since last summer. Swell of the year so far. The water was warm, I would say high 60's in San Clemente. I hope the rest of you guys are getting some. I'm trying to get all my work done early for a repeat of yesterday. If surfing was only always like this....

^^just a couple clicks north of you 😀

Water is 68° air is 75° surf is pumping 👍🏻

Very nice shots!!

Is that state beach?

I was happy with how clean it stayed. I'm powering through the code writing part of my data analysis, if things go well I should be heading down this afternoon.

Anyone else get some today...?

Solid swell. Lots of wind. Lots of upwelling. Cold water. I could see my breath mist if I exhaled right across the surface yesterday.

I must have drunk posted. South west France. Cap Ferret. Near Bordeaux.

Yup, know it is high season, but you do the family thing when it is happening. Yeah, glad it is not the riviera, tho.

Drunk posting in the morning? Jajaja... anyways just talked to a couple friends for you that live near where you are going...they said yes there's waves in summer but it's windy alot, usually onshore winds... just looked online and it's 4 to 6 ft and onshore 20 knots.... Google is your friend.... my advice is head south to northern Spain and enjoy the tapas.

Yesterday was great again. Not quite as good, but still an absolute blast. I will say again that I wish surfing was always like this. After 6.5 hours of surfing in the last two days and 11 hours in the last 4 my back is pretty spent, but I will try and make it out for an evening session. Lots of waves on tap through the end of June.

I trunked it yesterday from 230 to 6 and was fine. The water is warm down here.

Nice LDD!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Maybe. Mornings are best. Not likely to head down to Spain, and if I do, more likely hanging solo with my wife than surfing.

Winds backed off here today. Fun getting surf other then the lane or on the log. South has filled in nicely. Only four out for the two plus hours I was there.

Side note. Went to Pinnacles with the family last week. Killer hikes. Definitely suggest a visit.

A couple of fun mornings at the HB cliffs the last couple of days. Tide coming up, slightly soft but head high and it was lining up.

June has been really great. It has been surfable almost every day, and the last 17 days have been between pretty good and awesome. The Surfline forecast through 7/12 looks pretty terrific, let's keep our fingers crossed.

cap ferret is decent i summer. If there is swell you'll get it. just walk a few hundred m from the parking lot (the coast is basically one 200km beach breakwith the basin d arcachon forming a little gap) and you'll have a sand bar of your own. The quality can be bad to really nice, but you knew that. The wind depends on the weather systems ( incredible revelation, duh!), but if there is high pressure and you are underneath it, you usually have glassy or light offshore in the morning, more so later in the year (august and autum) when the land cools of at night. Be sure to visit europes largest sand dune the dune du pilat.

just be aware that there will be about one million German, and Netherlandish, beginner surfers in the water. Kooks like me, but without the proper etiquette.

Not points or reefs for a hundred km though. If you dont mind driving 2 hours and there is decent swell there are some reefs on la rochelle... magic seaweed has most of the spots listed.

btw. I'm headed to scotland in august. Has anyone got recommendations? (yeah i know about thurso and brims ness). Sandside looks nice, except the nuclear waste warnings.... Skara Brae on Orkney also looks like a nice left. I bought a small wave board becase last year in spain i ended up surfing the 70 euro decathlon foamboard 70% of the time (out of 10-12 surf days in a 4 week trip) because it was so small in summer.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 06-29-2018 at 03:15 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

45 liters at 5.10
    Hopefully this will be enough for summer waves. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20180607-WA0001.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	240184

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app

Kind of what I figured. If we happen to see a real swell, maybe I’d chase it. Otherwise maybe a morning session before breakfast. Thanks. Never been to Scotland but my new surf buddy is a Scottish kook. He picked up surfing here, so is useless. That board looks fat tho.

Fabio started pumping in swell around mid day today. Looking like we might have a legit ‘cane swell happening here.

yeah. It's probably as much volume as you can stuff into a shorter board without being ridiculous. And i think it's right on the border of being absurd, but all my boards so far, except the "yeah so what the hell there aint no real waves anyway" decathlon foamie, are indo boards which don't work in small powerless euro summer surf, especially if you don't train paddeling that often and are a kook in general.
    But according to others, and considering the rocker profile, it it should surf like a board and not like a log because of the rails and a slightly more existant rocker than other grovelers. I guess I'll see.

Fabio delivers again today. Only wish the wind machine had not turned on so early.

It's been fun down here too. The water has warmed up.

Headed down to Cabo 7/3, stayed right above Monuments @ Sunrock Condo Hotel. Wife is minding the budget, and it looked pretty clean. Hell, $1,300 for two for flight and hotel 7 nights ain't shabby.

Traces left of the 'caine swell, but we didn't take many pictures. Shipwrecks in the first two pics, then a Brazilian dropped in on me on a set wave at Zippers. I was basically on top of him and straightened out into the rocks to keep from killing him. My joke when I came in was I couldn't leave Mexico without a little color.

The last night of the trip was my big 4-0, and had friends arrive that afternoon. Pretty much one big blur after we left their resort.

I know a lot of people have been talking about how bad Mexico is, and Cabo is included. I just want to say that I never, ever felt uneasy or in any danger. We approached the cops several times, I drove carefully and we had no problems. Wife is seven months prego, and she felt totally safe as well. East Cape, everyone was friendly and we only saw families at the beach and surfers. No police presence on the Cape, but also nobody else. The one night the wife and I went out, we kept it tame. I did get offered blow somewhere between 15-20 times. It got to the point where we'd start laughing because it was ridiculous. I did read somewhere online some nondescript warning to tourists about if you're looking for trouble, trouble will find you, or some veiled warning about coke. I wasn't interested, but the wife did manage to snap a pic or two of me in the middle of the sales pitch. I won't post those here.

All in all, sick trip right before my daughter arrives, good waves, awesome water temp, incredible food, only super crowded area was Old Man's. Go!!Name:  FB_IMG_1531107249805.jpeg
Views: 349
Size:  34.1 KBName:  received_10215604898214096.jpeg
Views: 339
Size:  76.2 KBName:  IMG_1531167897908.jpeg
Views: 331
Size:  19.1 KB

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using TGR Forums mobile app
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Sounds like a fun trip.

Just arrived in Paris. Sunday will be interesting.

And it looks like there might even be a rogue summer swell as Chris recurves across the Atlantic.

Santa Cruz was fun this past week. Winds were in play, so mostly spent my time long boarding the point. Fun shoulder plus waves and little crowd, except for the shit show that was my session Monday. The summer crowd is potentially in full swing with the bar gone at Cowells. Locals, long boarders, tourist and beginners all at the same spot can create quite the traffic jam. Made me happy to skip town for a month this summer. Although, my Tuesday morning session was sublime. So, go figure.