Page 191 of 224 FirstFirst ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 5587
    Lots of tourist in the past couple of weeks so it's a no for me.

After some sessions with water in the 80's in Punta Mita, Sunday and Monday felt cold in Newport with the water in the low 70's. It will be nice to have a few fewer people around. River Jetties was fun both days. Chest high with pretty good shape. It looks like some swell is headed our way, if I can really get a lot done tomorrow I should be able to get a solid session on Thursday morning and lots of water time on Friday and Saturday.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

First solid north swell of the season here on Oahu. Surf was pumping. Took my first wave and then proceeded to get pummeled by three consecutive bombs. Fun times.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Ireland was absolutely epic. It turned from a "sightseeing, surfing bouldering holiday" to a full on surf trip on day 2. I had decent enough waves for 17 consecutive days. In summer.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

We mostly hung around easky, but Donegal north coast is soo much fun when the wind turns more south. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190821_204204.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	293119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190821_201408.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	293120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190817_190036.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	293121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190829_111104.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	293122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190820_192641.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	293123

Donegal looks sweet! Ever get over to Portrush?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

There is a good chance I'll do some boogie boarding Sunday out at Nag's Head if the hotel we booked for the postponed wedding is open. Our reservations are non refundable and I took PTO Monday before this all played out. If the hotel isn't open we'll just take a credit for another weekend.. maybe when the wedding gets rescheduled.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    There is a good chance I'll do some boogie boarding Sunday out at Nag's Head if the hotel we booked for the postponed wedding is open. Our reservations are non refundable and I took PTO Monday before this all played out. If the hotel isn't open we'll just take a credit for another weekend.. maybe when the wedding gets rescheduled.
    Be careful and check the water quality. Not sure if there's much flow from the river's into Pamlico Sound and then the ocean there... but if there was any upstream river flooding you might be looking at some of the pig shit lagoons overflowing. After Florence last year in Wrightsville Beach, the ocean smelled like chemicals a week after the storm.

Hopefully the OBX beaches have less freshwater flow than points further south and everything is good there. Beautiful spot with some of the best surfing and kiting on the E coast.

Quote Originally Posted by topwater View Post
    Be careful and check the water quality. Not sure if there's much flow from the river's into Pamlico Sound and then the ocean there... but if there was any upstream river flooding you might be looking at some of the pig shit lagoons overflowing. After Florence last year in Wrightsville Beach, the ocean smelled like chemicals a week after the storm.

Hopefully the OBX beaches have less freshwater flow than points further south and everything is good there. Beautiful spot with some of the best surfing and kiting on the E coast.
    Thanks.. Just heard the pier took a hit off the end. I guess there could be debris to watch out for too. I'll assess and make the go or no go call based on what others who look like they know their shit are doing. Looking at the news footage and live cams today, the surf isn't all that rough at all considering what just blew through. I'm going to take it easy regardless. Too out of shape to paddle out in anything substantial. Will stay close if I do go out to catch a few..

The NW on Wed/Thurs was a nice season opener. Still summer winds so could not get too far west of town. The shitty point was pretty damn fun, but left me
    Wishing for north county.

Just waiting for more of that and slack winds. Still got out on the slab this morning, but it was junk.

LDD, how was punta Mita? Wonder how those lints would be with a decent south.

SJG, yeah, check that water. Pig feces is not worth it.

Cleaning up. Moving by quickly

Well, called the hotel this morning and they said that end of the island is still closed and under curfew. They refunded our non refundable payment and cancelled it for us. Change of venue.. Heading north to Virginia Beach tonight instead. Will check that place out tomorrow morning for a few hours then drive home. Family fun LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    We mostly hung around easky, but Donegal north coast is soo much fun when the wind turns more south. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190821_204204.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	293119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190821_201408.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	293120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190817_190036.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	293121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190829_111104.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	293122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190820_192641.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	293123

Looks like that trip worked out well.

Went to Kauai in late June/ early July to visit an old friend. Surf was on for 12 out of 13 days. Kind of turned into a pseudo surf trip, until 8AM each morning at least.

VB was pretty mellow yesterday, especially considering Dorian blew by fairly close late Friday. Wasn't crowded. I did wander out a little ways about an hour before high tide and snag a couple little boogie rides. Mostly just chilled in the chairs with the family watching little groms shred the 2-3 footers rolling in. A long board or fun shape would have been fun for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Looks like that trip worked out well.

Went to Kauai in late June/ early July to visit an old friend. Surf was on for 12 out of 13 days. Kind of turned into a pseudo surf trip, until 8AM each morning at least.
    Yeah we were pleasantly surprised. The wife surfs so I did not have sneak out of our RV. The rain was kind of hard though. We had 3 days out of 20 where it didn't rain.
    But that's where the swell came from. Low after low. Even the Irish said it usually doesn't rain THAT much in summer.

so we had to time it like: OK my session, than high tide and if it's dry, we go to the playground/or sandy Beach to play and then your session. It was better up in Donegal where we had a Boulder reef break and a few 100m further a beach to play for the little one.

I have to admit I had a lot more sessions than her so I feel a bit guilty.

Ireland looks cool...no sharks!

Dorian did not disappoint in MA, but he came quickly and left even quicker...like an Irish goodbye? Surf was good, but I did not play my cards right and had some entertaining to do midday Saturday. Swell was done by 8am on Sunday.

on the cape? ^^^^^^ Or north of bean town?

More solid south swell hitting this week. Keeping it fun. But damn those demon winds

Warm water and fun waves around here. Friday I got in a morning session south of the hb pier which was fun, shoulder high+ with really good shape. I have been surfing more Newport this summer and I forgot how fun the hb pier can be. Saturday I went down to barbedwires and had a blast, shoulder high + and a bit soft, but it would line up on the inside, you just have to do a couple of cut backs to stay in it before the inside section. The last few days I have gotten morning sessions in at River Jetties and 36th street which have been fun.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Cold and windy up here. And slugs infesting everywhere.

Cold and windy up here. And slugs infesting everywhere.
    I would think so, with school being back.

I went to UCSB, where I learned to surf like any good kook who grew up landlocked. UCSB has a huge surfing population, lots of people who grow up surfing go there and lots of people go there and learn, but for the most part we stuck to the breaks around campus. Obviously we would drive, Ventura is much more consistent, but I don't think the Ventura breaks got all that much more crowded when school was back. Also, lots of UCSB students stuck around for the summer, so I never really noticed the IV breaks getting more crowded in the fall. In Santa Cruz I can see that being different.

on the cape? ^^^^^^ Or north of bean town?

More solid south swell hitting this week. Keeping it fun. But damn those demon winds
    North of bean. The Otha Cape...Cape Ann

^^^^^im impressed swell got in there. Ann is pretty tucked away from the south. Was it NE swell from the wrap around?

Demon winds finally backed off for a morning. Plenty fun at big creek. Excellent ledge. Banzais looked fun, but far below epic. The crowd of nearly 30 would have been deterrent enough. I was surf schooling a buddy and that stuff is above his pay grade anyway. Stoked the corner was working so well. A few really fun ledges.

That south was a good run. Getting some mid period NW right now, but I think we are headed into a holding pattern until fall kicks in.

Just picked up a 6'4" Firewire Greedy Beaver this weekend after demoing the 6'10" last weekend. FKNA it's a lot of fun is all I have to say. Can basically take off almost anywhere on almost anything.

We had mixed swell onshore garbage when I went out on Saturday. Can't wait to try the new shred stick on some shapely waves.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app